NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Do all hockey fans dismiss entire conferences as inferior? This argument is really, really dumb.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude, ovechkin is going to score 60 goals, and Mike Green is never ever going to be injured again. Ever. Oh, and Holtby is the second coming of Da jesus(whom nobody fucks with).
Missed half the game last night, but we looked like shit. 2nd game of back to back and after watching dvr we looked like we left our game on the plane. I can safely say Ovechkin will never score 60 goals again (frankly, I doubt even 50). I'd be fine if he could go back to 40/40 though. Every Caps fan thinks Mike Green is going to get hurt getting out of bed every morning. Holtby is still so young I don't know what to expect from him. If our normal backup hadn't been out sick he probably wouldn't have started last night.

And yes LadyVex, the Southeast has been shit this year. It's our only hope of somehow climbing back into the playoffs. But I think you're a little biased yourself if you think the East is tougher than the West. At best I think you could make a case it's even...although I think the West gets the edge being a little tougher to be honest.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do all hockey fans dismiss entire conferences as inferior? This argument is really, really dumb.
I wouldn't dismiss the east, I'd just say it gets over the top publicity and the west has a tendency to get ragged on. I agree the argument is dumb, but that's half the fun.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just the women, apparently.

I think the East is quite formidable, but the West is no slouch either, and never has been.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Kings rolling and showing fight every game if they get behind. Love it.
Love Millbury ripping Ovechkin even more. Fucking hate that guy.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No one likes that gap toothed caveman. Not even his own people.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
No one likes that gap toothed caveman. Not even his own people.
Actually I really like him as a person. I think he's a funny goofball with a lot of personality. Like Bryzgalov.

But as a hockey player? He's turning in to the stereotypical Russian waste of talent.

Bane_sl

shitlord
The head jerk was justified. A cold stick in the face will make anyone jerk back. But man did he have to goal all Yakupov and drag it out down the ice? Yikes.

Milbury is about as gentle as sandpaper to the taint but he tells it how it is. And man he hates Eurotrash especially. Lol

Filwen_sl

shitlord
I really dislike Milbury. I think the guys a hack. I don't know why he insists on ripping on Ovechkin; the caps were all around horrible last night. Could have ripped on all of them for that dismal performance.

Just to back up a bit (east vs west thing), I follow the East the most because I'm a Penguins fan and I live on the east coast, but I don't buy the hype with one conference better than the other. The West looks really good this year (or maybe I am over compensating for the fact that the Blackhawks look unstoppable).

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The head jerk was justified. A cold stick in the face will make anyone jerk back. But man did he have to goal all Yakupov and drag it out down the ice? Yikes.

Milbury is about as gentle as sandpaper to the taint but he tells it how it is. And man he hates Eurotrash especially. Lol
He barely ever tells it how it is. He pushes the narrative they think will get people riled up. Ovechkin has deserved plenty of criticism over the past 2 years but Milbury is just a peon who will ignore anything good he does on the ice to keep ripping on him because he's Russian. He's done the same with Malkin in the past whenever Sid was out and Malkin wasn't playing lights out. It gets pretty over the top.

AO was shit last night, but he's been quite good the last stretch of games. I think Oates moving him to RW will pay some dividends down the road.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Missed half the game last night, but we looked like shit. 2nd game of back to back and after watching dvr we looked like we left our game on the plane. I can safely say Ovechkin will never score 60 goals again (frankly, I doubt even 50). I'd be fine if he could go back to 40/40 though. Every Caps fan thinks Mike Green is going to get hurt getting out of bed every morning. Holtby is still so young I don't know what to expect from him. If our normal backup hadn't been out sick he probably wouldn't have started last night.

And yes LadyVex, the Southeast has been shit this year. It's our only hope of somehow climbing back into the playoffs. But I think you're a little biased yourself if you think the East is tougher than the West. At best I think you could make a case it's even...although I think the West gets the edge being a little tougher to be honest.
Oh yea, absolutely. West vs East is always a biased argument. And not just because of where you're based/which team you love. I get antsy about the west because they really started getting publicity when the Hawks won, and I think the west gets antsy about the east because we've had the faces of hockey and gotten most of the media prior to that.

This season especially is biased - we're not roaming outside of our conferences, so any stats you throw up tend to be irrelevant. Indicative of good teams to be sure, but...

And don't get me wrong. I love the red wings. As much as I despised them when we were going up against them in the playoffs/cup finals, I was really impressed with guys like datsyuk and zetterberg.

As far as Ovie goes, I almost feel sorry for the guy. I think he bought into his own hype, and only now realized that he can't skate by on hype alone.

I have a pure hate/hate relationship with the caps, just because of the media. They tried to force feed Ovechkin to any and all hockey fans, but I was a pens lover. They threw him up against Crosby, and while in the beginning he had the potential to be a player of his caliber, it was like someone told him, "Hey, don't worry about it, YOU GOT THIS." So he didn't.

Back in the day, I'd have loved him on the pens. (As much as I hated him. But hey, I hated Asham too and when he joined the pens he fit in fairly well.) Had he been on a line with Crosby or Malkin, or hell even Staal back then, it would have been magic.

But, the nbc announcers fucking suck. I HATE those guys. They're the ones who would have gone down on Ovie in the past. Now whenever they talk it's like they always knew he would never amount to anything and everyone should be ashamed for not listening to them.

I still hate the Caps, but because they're the Caps, and because they've wasted their potential you gotta rag on them.

I'm ok with this; my best friends are devils fans and it keeps us from killing each other.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Milbury bashing an overpaid Russian? You would think he would be clamoring to trade a star defenseman and the second overall pick for him.

In other news Calgary offer sheets ror. Fuck Colorado.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
im incapable of not throwing up touchdown arms when the Bruins score
When the Sharks score I do the same, but only because it's become such a rare occurrence. At least my sweet patty cakes still knows how to score, though!