NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because the Southeast is dogshit, as evidenced by last night when the Canes outshoot the Caps 34-19 and still lose the game 5-3. Since Carolina and Winnipeg can't buy a win these days, why shouldn't the Caps think they can get the third seed and a home ice series.
Shots weren't the full measure of that game...guys throwing a lot of shots from the outside at Holtby isn't scary at all. We only ended up with 19 shots on net (of course that ignores all the pipes we hit), but the amount of golden chances off odd many rushes we generated was pretty good. That said, Carolina is shit, and so are the Jets. Our team is supposed to be beyond just winning our shitty division and getting bounced in Round 1 or Round 2 at this point. We've been doing that for 5 years now. Even adding Erat we don't stack up against the Pens or Boston, let alone Montreal or anyone else in the East. Seems silly to ship off one of the few decent prospects in our pipeline just to help a push to make the playoffs can pray by some miracle that we can make a deep run.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
And now Moore gets his first of the season first day as a Ranger as well. Interesting. Here's hoping they take this momentum and run with it. Friday's rematch should be telling.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
6 in a row for the Sharks~! Gotta tie that season start. Let's hope Raffie and Hannan don't shit on our parade!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Amazing what a difference 10 days can make, eh? I don't know if they can keep this up, but if the playoff cut in the West is 53-55 points, that's only 14-16 points in the last 12 games needed. They'll have to play well, but not out of this world to make the playoffs now. I'd say it's 50/50.

Regardless though, Bruce Arthur is a fucking moron. Nice to see him keeping it up.

Fidlen_sl said:
Well Khabby stole some points for us tonight. Oilers didnt play terrible but St Louis definitely deserved a better fate. Was secretly hoping deep down that we tank the rest of this year so we might actually get some management changes aside from just a coaching change.
Why would you think we need a coaching change, or would see one? The Oil's problems this year have nothing to do with coaching. Management has completely failed to plug huge holes in the lineup and solidify our bottom six forwards and bottom pairing D. Why in the fuck did it take Tambellini until the trade deadline to get us another center, when we've been playing 2/3 of the season with only 2 or 3 healthy ones?

Araysar_sl said:
Ducks have had the Hawks number all year

Pens now basically have the same record as Hawks.

Sigh.
See? Greatest team of all time my ass.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Yeah, not sure I see much value in Torres except as a distraction. Eddie O claims he has been playing more disciplined since coming back from Hossa hit suspension.

Rangers looking good with Clowe getting 2 goals right away, wasn't following too closely but seems he had a bit of a drought in SJ.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, not sure I see much value in Torres except as a distraction. Eddie O claims he has been playing more disciplined since coming back from Hossa hit suspension.

Rangers looking good with Clowe getting 2 goals right away, wasn't following too closely but seems he had a bit of a drought in SJ.
I think it's one of those instances where system and line changes just don't work out for certain types of players. SJ has really been in transition since losing the WCF's two years in a row. Total revamp of the blue-line, Pavelski moving to the first line with Thornton(and thankfully back to 3C again), and two new coaches coming in and completely shifting things around. Clowe just became a smaller part of the picture once couture didn't need to be sheltered by him anymore.

I really hope he does well in NY because he's totally a fan favorite.

Merrith

Caps 1st in the Southeast. Winnipeg and Carolina keep nosediving, as expected. Pretty pathetic we're leading our division with a point total that's worse than teams in 8th in the conference.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I'd love to see the Hawks start thugging it up, cause it can only hurt their game with the way they have been playing this season...

Merrith

Jagr won the game for the broons. Also he loves beaches, sexy ladies, and money.
Read a quote he had after the game talking about how when he was 25 he would have hated to score a goal like the one last night, but now he'll take them any way they come.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jokinen scores the Pens only goal and then the only shootout goal for the win. Good shit.

Fleury made a save earlier that ended up under him and after the play was stopped he was sliding himself out of the goal sideways very slowly to make sure no camera showed if it ended up in=P It was pretty funny.

Rangers scored like 1.5 seconds after the ensuing faceoff.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
7 in a row for SJ. I am enjoying this. Barely dug this one out but I think they got lazy/cocky because it was the fucking Flames. Apparently Tmac walked into the locker room before the third period and said "Who the fuck do you think you are?!"

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Jokinen scores the Pens only goal and then the only shootout goal for the win. Good shit.

Fleury made a save earlier that ended up under him and after the play was stopped he was sliding himself out of the goal sideways very slowly to make sure no camera showed if it ended up in=P It was pretty funny.

Rangers scored like 1.5 seconds after the ensuing faceoff.
Yea, the Fleury sliding bit had me dieing. Great game overall. Despite losing, Rangers are looking like a new team entirely. Fleury won that game for sure. When he robbed Stepan on that one timer from Cally my mouth about hit the floor. Fuck Cooke for the slashing shit, lame. Heres to hoping these guys meet again round 1 of the post. Ya know, without Crosby and Letang still...

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Two player advantage for the Bruins at the end of the game and they get zero shots off on goal. Sounds like they are ready for the playoffs.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
According to Krejci, they didn't get a shot because the quality of the ice was bad.
smile.png

Merrith

Ovechkin with another hat trick. Good thing since we put it on cruise control the entire 3rd period and a 4-0 game ended up a 4-3 win. Whatever though, feast on our shitty division. Crazy that after Ovechkin's really slow first 10 games, he's got 21 goals in his last 28 games, or an 82 game pace of 61.5 goals.