NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FLEURY. The return.
He was standing on his head in the first, but the D sucked soooo bad it was ridiculous. 42 shots? I don't think they've given up that many in a long time.

Coming in to the game Malkin and Crosby had no career goals against Nabokov.

Cant wait for grimmlokk to come back here and fag up this thread with his penguins knob slobbing (he'll be mildly self deprecating though so as not to appear as TOTAL tool.)
Wakandan you crazy, I would have been full on douchebag if they'd kept up for the whole game=P

Would have posted last night anyways but ended up at the bar.

Trying to watch the Caps/Rangers game now but I can only put it on for short spurts while the niece and nephews are distracted playing on my phone and tablet. Whenever they notice we're not watching gumball any more they flip out.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, lets ask the opposing goalie how his team scored. He had an awesome view from the opposite end of the rink.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
The refs in this series need to be fired.
Bad calls either way for both games.
It was a good shot that won it, but these refs need to go.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I almost felt like all the missed calls were them making up for other missed/shitty calls. Cause it did seem like both sides had about an equal amount of bad ones. But then it got so out of hand that I couldn't even remember the count.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Was just about to post this. Last game they were calling every fucking thing and this game they missed some big calls.

This was a painful game to watch for me. Felt like watching a car crash in slow mo. Lundquist was amazing but you just knew it was only a matter of time.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
I almost felt like all the missed calls were them making up for other missed/shitty calls. Cause it did seem like both sides had about an equal amount of bad ones. But then it got so out of hand that I couldn't even remember the count.
That is just it. If they could make good calls. There would be a lot less missed because players would have figured out how far to push it for the game.
The rangers need to score more, I've been screaming that the whole season.
These refs are atrocious and bad for the game either way.

The delay of game missed in the 3rd, outside of the ref not looking or being blind, it was really hard to fuck up.
Many close calls can be accepted by either team since the refs aren't robots, but there is a limit to how much shit should be allowed to pass as acceptable.

Merrith

I felt like they let them play quite a bit, which was better than Game 1, just inconsistent, which is also bad. If they leave it like this for the rest of the series I'd be...better with that than Game 1's style of officiating. The rumor I heard (was at the game) was that Alzner's thing was ruled a deflection more than an actual shot/pass or something. Honestly in the end, the Rags had the PP near the end of regulation on a weak call and the delay of game in OT, so there really shouldn't be any complaining about the officials regarding the result.

In general complaints about the officiating are fair and warranted from both sides I think though. Fucking be consistent, although I'd prefer they let them play a little more like they sort of did today. Lundy and Holtby were both pretty damn good today, I had a hunch the goal would come on a PP either way. It might be 2-0, but a series doesn't start until you lose at home and obviously the margins have been razor close. I'm praying we can pull one out up at MSG.

Merrith

Had to run out to a party right after I got home from Caps game, can't believe the ~7pm games...didn't expect that from Toronto, or for the Ducks to be as dominant in Detroit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So how many games will Abdelkader get suspended for? 2+ is my guess.
Only saw it once, but it looked way worse than the Gryba/Eller hit, although obviously the result wasn't nearly as bad. Who fucking knows? No suspension because he's in the same "eligible hitting zone" that Seabrook was? I don't fucking know anymore.

Merrith

Only saw it once, but it looked way worse than the Gryba/Eller hit, although obviously the result wasn't nearly as bad. Who fucking knows? No suspension because he's in the same "eligible hitting zone" that Seabrook was? I don't fucking know anymore.
The fact he left his feet pretty much guarantees he'll get a suspension in my mind...but I'm sort of with you on who knows anymore really.

Merrith

Sorry Grimm, but it's pure gold. Wasted a BIG chance to go up 2-0 there. Fans serenading Fleury already.