NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Bruins v Habs thurs night 730 i guess

Northeastern is graduating in the garden @ 10 am friday, so i guess good luck to the garden crew getting that ready

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Its just hockey to drop the gloves occasionally, especially if youre throwing big hits. Its a pretty pussy thing to do not to ever drop the gloves, especially when theres a good reason for someone to come after you.
He has a history of concussions dating back to the early part of his career. Of course he isn't going to fight. One punch could end his career.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
He has a history of concussions dating back to the early part of his career. Of course he isn't going to fight. One punch could end his career.
You're getting too defensive. He doesn't like your team so of course he isn't going to like a big hitter on your team. Everyone not rooting for the Wild (and Islanders now I guess) fucking hated Cal Clutterbuck. Hits hits hits all the time. It's the only thing he ever did. All other fanbases fucking hated him. In town he was a fan favorite. It's just how things go.

I think the Kings toe the line on aggressiveness but so does every playoff team that actually has success. I walk away from this Wild/Avs series fucking hating Landeskog, but it's not like I wouldn't love to root for a 20 year old two way player like him if he was on my team.

The whole "dropping the gloves" thing is kind of meh to me too. Stoner is the only Wild player that does it. Besides him Nino and Cooke (well not for a few more games I guess) are the only two that even try and get in the head of the other team. I think most of the younger generation of hockey players have grown up understanding now how dangerous concussions are and so you're just going to see more and more pussy late hits or slashes without the backup the older group of hockey fans hope for. Fighting in hockey is decreasing and before long it won't exist. Doesn't matter to me.

I wish players would stop spearing people in the balls though. Anyone doing that gets automatic 'shitty human being' status in my mind.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Slaythe_sl said:
You're getting too defensive. He doesn't like your team so of course he isn't going to like a big hitter on your team.
I'm not an LA fan. I'm an Oilers fan through and through. I just think it's ridiculous to say that Stoll is dirty or a piece of shit, because that's not the case in the slightest. And maybe I'm projecting some of my bitterness about trading him and Greene for Visnovsky, who we turned in to Ryan Whitney, who turned in to nothing. The past 6 or 7 years for the Oilers would have been so much different were it not for that terrible fucking trade, we've been looking for good centers and stay at home d-men ever since.

Fighting in hockey is decreasing and before long it won't exist. Doesn't matter to me.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like a good fight from time to time. For example, Lecavalier and Iginla beating the shit out of each other in the 2004 Finals was pretty awesome "old time" hockey. But the reality is that by far the best hockey is played in the NHL playoffs and/or Olympics, nothing else comes close, and in both of those fighting is exceedingly rare as compared to the ho-hum NHL regular season. I dunno, maybe prior to the 90's fights in the playoffs were more common, but in the past 20 years they just about never happen.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
My bad. Point still stands. Those couple dudes don't like LA so they're not going to like one of LA's biggest hitters. It's just how hockey fans work.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm just wondering if the Rangers are going to shit the bed again so badly tonight. They're up 2-0 currently. They're so bloody inconsistent from game to game.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
QhC7oMY.jpg

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Welp, the game should be 1 to 1 atm. I'm glad LA always gets the right calls at the right times. The Sharks were actually playing well this game but they get to be deflated by bullshit calls once again. I swear to god, reffing in the NHL makes me hate hockey.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing like a 5 on 3, though i will agree that the sharks power play is just not able to finish. It's sad when your team has 12 scoring chances and can't sink anything, especially when the opposition gets one scoring chance and flat out buries it. I'm really just tired of the SJ/LA series being determined by refs who are not ever going to be held responsible for bad calls.

Oh, and quicks glove crossed the line on that one save. The sharks should have had a second goal.