NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I don't really disagree, butwayoutside is a bit of an exageration. Like you said, typical Marchand so I naturally assume intent.

In any case Boston deserved it, I'm just being salty. How DARE we lose twice in a row!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wish Holtby could've had a shutout.

Kuzy with 2 more assists though. He's at +13 right now!
Takes so much pressure off Backstrom. Trotz has a ton of options with how he wants to set up lines come playoff time. Ovechkin and Kuznetsov works, so if he wants to put out a sick 2nd line all about possession and dominating an opponent line he just pairs Backstrom with Williams, and lets Kuznetsov center Ovechkin and Oshie.

Merrith

I don't really disagree, butwayoutside is a bit of an exageration. Like you said, typical Marchand so I naturally assume intent.

In any case Boston deserved it, I'm just being salty. How DARE we lose twice in a row!
I meant more Marchand where he was skating was very outside the blue paint on their first goal and nowhere near being in it. Honestly if he goes down from that contact could easily argue tripping or interference on Lundqvist.

You're right that he really doesn't get the benefit of the doubt being the human piece of shit that Brad Marchand is though.

Merrith

Crosby gets bailed out by his teammates killing off a 4 on 3 in OT after he had a terrible giveaway and had to take a penalty to prevent a breakaway, then misses in the shootout to lose the game.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well 6 weeks minimum without Price, that's going to be tough.

No surgery needed, so I guess that's good.

Condon has been doing good for us so far, and I hope he continues that way.

I guess our excellent start gives us a good buffer in case things don't go too well.

Merrith

Condon has looked good, I don't think the dropoff will be too bad. Habs are just a good hockey team. Kind of wish we got to see Holtby v. Price Thursday night though.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
THE RETURN OF TANNER GLASS.....

I knew it was comming, but it still hurts. Fucking Beleskey!

Merrith

Caps did their best Rangers impression tonight I see. Rely on their all world goalie, and get some puck luck for scoring.

Merrith

Saw Pascal Dupuis is having to retire. Sounds like he's thinking of his family first so all the best to him. Definitely a Pen I can respect.

Oshie and Kuznetsov just aren't fair in shootouts.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw Pascal Dupuis is having to retire. Sounds like he's thinking of his family first so all the best to him. Definitely a Pen I can respect.
Writing has been on the wall for a while now, body just betrayed him with all the blood clots and shit. Duper rules.

Pens just got a crazy goal(if it stands) against the Avalanche. Maatta shot gets blocked by Barra off the pad, goes 10' straight up in the air and just enough forward to end up behind Barra. Grazes the front edge of the crossbar, comes down and hits either Barras' skate/pad or a d-man's skate and ekes over the goal line.

Roy challenged it after it was confirmed, claiming goalie interference. Except at no point after the initial block did Barra have any clue where it was or any chance to make a play on it.

Merrith

Writing has been on the wall for a while now, body just betrayed him with all the blood clots and shit. Duper rules.

Pens just got a crazy goal(if it stands) against the Avalanche. Maatta shot gets blocked by Barra off the pad, goes 10' straight up in the air and just enough forward to end up behind Barra. Grazes the front edge of the crossbar, comes down and hits either Barras' skate/pad or a d-man's skate and ekes over the goal line.

Roy challenged it after it was confirmed, claiming goalie interference. Except at no point after the initial block did Barra have any clue where it was or any chance to make a play on it.
That's the issue I have with the challenge right now, it's literally just a tactic to try to take any even remotely questionable goal off the board. Just silly.

I see Beau Bennett is coming up big in the 3rd for you guys. Man stepped away from your game after the 2nd and started watching Rags/Canucks. Montreal lost, Rags currently down 1 late in the game, and Pens were down 2-1 after the 2nd I thought it might be a perfect night.

Merrith

Btw Eomer, the Pacific is so shit, if Hall and Draisitl can keep up what they've been doing, you guys might hang in there long enough for McDavid to come back and push for a playoff spot. Pacific is so shitty, going into tonight Edmonton was tied at the bottom of the league, now only a couple points out of a playoff spot (2 back at the moment, but Vancouver is up with 5 minutes to go which would have them leapfrog over San Jose and leave Oilers trailing the Sharks for 3rd by 3 points).

Every other division has at least FIVE teams at 30+ points, Pacific needs Vancouver to hold on to the win tonight just to get their 2nd team to the 30 point plateau.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
can you asterisk that shit talk to leave the Kings out of it. I agree with the rest of the the Pacific but for fucks sake give my boys some credit, they've been playing quite well this season.