NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's actually pretty impressive asset management then. I guess it helps to have such a strong core.

This is what happens when Sathir manages your assets..

Well grain of salt if we keep blowing late leads. New guy Kempny looked okay.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Soooo, Vegas give up Lindberg and take 40% of Brass' salary for fucking Reaves and a 4th? What in the holy fuck are they thinking?? At least when Pens get another cup I can find some comfort that Brass gets his name on it.

Real loser is Duchene when EK leaves.

And Ian Cole lul

Merrith

Soooo, Vegas give up Lindberg and take 40% of Brass' salary for fucking Reaves and a 4th? What in the holy fuck are they thinking?? At least when Pens get another cup I can find some comfort that Brass gets his name on it.

Real loser is Duchene when EK leaves.

And Ian Cole lul

Little pissed at GMGM for helping out the Pens like this.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I literally don't get it. Practically lead the league, they have to believe they can get to the SCF. Why would they help there biggest threat circumvent the cap like that. Ugh, i'm triggered...

Merrith

Apparently he was going to go to a West team if this deal didn't go through. GMGM decided better to face in Rd 4 than Rd 2.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Jets. Still think it is retarded though, but whatever not my problem I guess. Would be funny if the Jets smoke them anyway and they are stuck with that hit all next season for nothing.

Also it's a different Lindberg than I thought apparently. Was thinking it was Oscar but its some AHL scrub I guess

Bastards...

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Who knows if this is true, pretty funny way to lose maybe the franchises best player if so though.

Also multiple sources claiming Dion had disrespected Melnyk by blasting a boombox while the GM was trying to talk to the team.

Merrith

holy shit that is bad if true. Rumors are they're going to try to unload Ryan's horrible contract as part of Karlsson deal.

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
surprised the rangers got a 1st round pick guess its for eatting half of nash's salary

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Definitely a great haul for NY, but not as bad as it looks for Boston. Nash works his ass off every night, hasn't had the most puck luck lately but generates a ton of offense and is great on the PK. He's worth the pick and prospect easy, bonus for taking Belesky's awful contract. Bruins lose by retaining 50% AND giving up Spooner.

Doubt he stays this summer, but for the stretch I think he will be a good fit there. Hope the best for him, solid dude.

Really curious to see what McD can bring back now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rags win big imo. Spooner better and younger at this point than Nash.

I can't really agree. Nash just a rental so age not really relevant, but according to Bruins fans, Spooner is soft and weak in his own end. Having a decent season, but not worth the money he is gonna ask for nor likely to get from us or them. I expect him to get moved again this summer. People really undervalue Nash, but I get it. His numbers haven't been favorable. Really great 200 ft player, I think Boston enjoys him but anything short of a cup will be a bad look. That's kind of always the case with rentals though so whatever.

Merrith

Nash didn't get signed to big money to be a 200 ft player (not that this is a bad thing to be), he got paid what he did to produce, and far too often, he hasn't done it. He may still come through for Boston, but he'd have to buck his trend.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that's old news. No one said he wasn't overpaid. All that has nothing to do with this trade, especially in regard to your comparison to Spooner.

Merrith

Yeah, that's old news. No one said he wasn't overpaid. All that has nothing to do with this trade, especially in regard to your comparison to Spooner.

Not just my opinion. Saw some models that actually saw Boston's expected wins decrease swapping out Spooner for Nash.