NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not just my opinion. Saw some models that actually saw Boston's expected wins decrease swapping out Spooner for Nash.

Yeah I saw that. Was like a .16% difference or something, can't find it in my timeline. Doesn't mean much when you consider the variables, a.k.a. teammates, deployment etc...

It's an objective opinion of which I have only seen one party with which to base my opinion, but in conjunction with what I am reading from Bruins fans in regard to Spooner, I feel comfortable with said opinion.

Having said that, Spooner looked real good tonight with two big assist's on the only two goals. Surely with a chip on his shoulder, but I enjoyed watching him. Nash led Boston with 5 sog and a post. Basically the story of his career in NY =/

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I saw that. Was like a .16% difference or something, can't find it in my timeline. Doesn't mean much when you consider the variables, a.k.a. teammates, deployment etc...

It's an objective opinion of which I have only seen one party with which to base my opinion, but in conjunction with what I am reading from Bruins fans in regard to Spooner, I feel comfortable with said opinion.

Having said that, Spooner looked real good tonight with two big assist's on the only two goals. Surely with a chip on his shoulder, but I enjoyed watching him. Nash led Boston with 5 sog and a post. Basically the story of his career in NY =/

Wouldn't be the first time fans shit talk a little bit about a player on their way out via trade. Grass (and players) always greener on the other side, and all that. Maybe Spooner was a designated whipping boy for them, as well. Haven't watched enough Bruins' games this year.

Yeah B's slipping a little of late, and getting handled by Buffalo that easily without Eichel or Kane playing a night after we wrecked them isn't a great look.

Merrith

1st is 18, 2nd is 19, 3rd is 2021. Looks like the caps didn’t add anyone so I doubt Green moved. Very happy with the Tatar return.

The rumor was we were in much more on Karlsson/McDonagh than Green. People were worried about Green being hurt recently.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The rumor was we were in much more on Karlsson/McDonagh than Green. People were worried about Green being hurt recently.
No doubt. But I find it hard to believe Holland couldn’t have got the panthers 2nd from the caps for green. I get not being able to get top dollar, but not moving him at all is a bad look.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Supposedly Green handcuffed the Wings by not waiving his NTC except for Tampa or Washington, vetoing a deal with the Leafs. Disappointing, but the Tatar deal makes up for it a little.

I wonder who we'll call up. Would be nice to get a look at Svechnikov.

Merrith

No doubt. But I find it hard to believe Holland couldn’t have got the panthers 2nd from the caps for green. I get not being able to get top dollar, but not moving him at all is a bad look.

We may have just said no to Green.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Helene st James is a mouthpiece for the organization. With Tampa and Boston loading up I don’t see how the caps say they aren’t interested at any price.

Sounds more like Kenny is delusional “we’re only 5 points out!” And thinking he can re-sign green next year. Both are dumb. If we hadn’t cleared salary with Tatar, I’d be pissed.

Merrith

Helene st James is a mouthpiece for the organization. With Tampa and Boston loading up I don’t see how the caps say they aren’t interested at any price.

Sounds more like Kenny is delusional “we’re only 5 points out!” And thinking he can re-sign green next year. Both are dumb. If we hadn’t cleared salary with Tatar, I’d be pissed.

Word came out with about 20 minutes to the deadline we were making a push for Karlsson. We had made an offer for McDonagh as well, but given the deal they ended up making with tampa we were probably out on that and that's why we made the push for Karlsson.

Caps have reason to be leery of Green being dinged up. Probably just said no, especially with the cap space so limited for us and Green's number.

Merrith

Rangers fans not happy about return for McDonagh/Miller. Depends on prospects, obviously, but some solid salt overall.