NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharks molested the Hawks last night. Pretty meh team, but I will still take it. Kane is so god damn noticeable out there.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Pens without Murray not looking great.
22221613_10214589420667973_754280743464661762_n.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Me too :(

22 yo Georgiev to play his 3rd NHL game tonight against EDM. If McD doesn't get at least one hat trick and/or they lose, then that entire franchise should be dismantled and sold for parts.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Me too :(

22 yo Georgiev to play his 3rd NHL game tonight against EDM. If McD doesn't get at least one hat trick and/or they lose, then that entire franchise should be dismantled and sold for parts.

Rags can't even tank right. Spooner not too bad though, eh?

Looking forward to outdoor game today. Wish I was going, but will still be fun to watch.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rags can't even tank right. Spooner not too bad though, eh?

Looking forward to outdoor game today. Wish I was going, but will still be fun to watch.

Yeah, it's weird. I wanna tank for a top 3 pick, but I am still rooting for them to win. Maybe it's the lack of stress, maybe its the NHL network I recently realized I have (after living in my apartment for a year and a half...), but I can't remember the last time I was enjoying hockey this much. Weird.

Spooner really kicking ass. I'm sure the plan was never to keep him, but who knows.

Looking forward to the stadium game too. Glad it's at night, shadows make the day games almost unwatchable on tv. Went to the Rangers/Devils outdoor game in 2014 and it's deffinitely an awesome experience.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
ELITE!

Also McAvoy left the game with a lbi in Boston. Gogo Canadians helping the tank

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Pretty good period. Holtby can't by a break lately, makes the save, Kempny actually took guy's stick away and rebound still deflects off skate than back in for the goal.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never post in these threads until the playoffs, but I'm kind of flabbergasted by the Caps this year. I'm pretty sure after they got knocked out last year I said that their window was basically closed.

But now that I'm posting, it'll surely mean their downfall. Sorry Merrith.

Merrith

I never post in these threads until the playoffs, but I'm kind of flabbergasted by the Caps this year. I'm pretty sure after they got knocked out last year I said that their window was basically closed.

But now that I'm posting, it'll surely mean their downfall. Sorry Merrith.

I mean, it's not like they need any of our help for a downfall come playoff time in the past, so don't sweat it. We're kind of overachieving, not sure what to make of us. A lot of the fancy stats have pointed to us way overperforming what we should be doing so far this year, but there are positives I see. If guys like Oshie/Backstrom/Niskanen/Vrana can get going back to their best level of play going into the playoffs, we will at least have a shot at doing something. We'll see how it goes.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I gotta say i thought the Bruins needed to be a more complete rebuild before they were serious cup contenders again. They have been absolutely on fire this year after having a crappy first month and a half.

Marchand being one of the best offensive players on Hockey 3 years running now is also something i absolutely did not see coming either. He's always been underrated by me and many others since he was a prospect.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gotta say i thought the Bruins needed to be a more complete rebuild before they were serious cup contenders again. They have been absolutely on fire this year after having a crappy first month and a half.

Marchand being one of the best offensive players on Hockey 3 years running now is also something i absolutely did not see coming either. He's always been underrated by me and many others since he was a prospect.

Didnt they have something like 6 1st/2nd round picks in the last 2 years? DeBrusk and McAvoy coming out of those. Thats a pretty decent rebuild.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didnt they have something like 6 1st/2nd round picks in the last 2 years? DeBrusk and McAvoy coming out of those. Thats a pretty decent rebuild.

They did have a bunch. but none of those guys were considered rea top instant impact guys. In fact most were considered overdrafts.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Bruins really struck gold with McAvoy, kid is a stud. They have been playing really well, but TB are insane right now. If they stay healthy, my money is on them in the east.

Who knows though, Bergeron coming back might put them in the same stratosphere.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bruins really struck gold with McAvoy, kid is a stud. They have been playing really well, but TB are insane right now. If they stay healthy, my money is on them in the east.

Who knows though, Bergeron coming back might put them in the same stratosphere.

TB is fantastic and will be scary to be sure. I would not count the Penguins out either.

I don't see the East as wide open as some conferences in other years. But In a series it can often depend on who gets hot/has good pp/pk, and most importantly perhaps a hot goalie can swing series.

My hope is with Bergeron back and healthy and Rask on top of his game Burins should have as good a chance as anyone to win a cup.

Merrith

TB is fantastic and will be scary to be sure. I would not count the Penguins out either.

I don't see the East as wide open as some conferences in other years. But In a series it can often depend on who gets hot/has good pp/pk, and most importantly perhaps a hot goalie can swing series.

My hope is with Bergeron back and healthy and Rask on top of his game Burins should have as good a chance as anyone to win a cup.

East little tough to pin down b/c you might have some of the WC teams coming in hot. Devils can't get carried by Taylor Hall all by himself, and Columbus and Florida are pushing to drop them out of playoffs entirely. A few weeks ago I would have said each divisional bracket would be 3 team races (Tampa/Boston/Toronto in Atlantic, Washington/Pitt/Philly in Metro). Still think it would be good to win either division to force the other 2 into tough match up in round one...but the wild cards might be tough match ups in their own right if they come in on a roll.