NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glad we were able to pull out a win tonight, but at what cost. Donskoi looks like he re-injured his shoulder and Kane kept getting attention from the bench doctor.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, pretty unreal. Kids 5th career NHL game, getting shelled by some of the best players in a tie game and they call that intentional? Sucks to see that that kind of favoritism still exists, but him stopping Malkin under those circumstances is only gonna help his confidence in the long run so no harm, no foul.

I was actually happy they called it at that point, I'll take the 50/50 on the penalty shot versus a minute fifty of 4 on 3 they would have had in OT for a normal minor penalty. Icing on the cake you guys stole the other point in OT, too.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
4 goals for Kane tonight. I am currently enjoying this trade.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

4 goals for Kane tonight. I am currently enjoying this trade.

Wow I didn't even watch the late games after we shit on the Islanders again...but Kuznetsov got hurt. Hoping it's not a broken wrist.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharks somehow keep grinding out those wins.

Vlasic and Karlson injured this game, though. We now have Thornton, Vlasic, Donksoi, Ward, and Karlson out with injuries. I can't imagine how solid this team would be with all of its guys healthy.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
9 straight losses for the Wings. I've been told the last time that happened was in 86 and we got the 1st pick that year.

Zetterberg Jesus.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So Saturday in 4-0 loss to Toronto, Montreal established a new team record of being shut out 11 times in a single season. Last night we improved on it with a 12th times being shut out. Fantastic.

The sad thing is we have a lot of injuries, so most of our prospect have been recalled, and there isn't a single one that look promising. You know sometimes, a team is going through hard times but you look at the young prospect and you think, in a few years we'll have a good team, well that's not us. :(

And from look of things Bergevin and Julien aren't going anywhere, so not looking good.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The longer Montreal suffers, the happier I become.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Now we can't even tank properly. Damn you for being so good at shootouts Nielsen!

Good to see Larkin finally get a goal though.

Merrith

Now we can't even tank properly. Damn you for being so good at shootouts Nielsen!

Good to see Larkin finally get a goal though.

Wish you all would have just won in regulation, would have been an almost flawless night for the Caps with Pens losing to Isles in regulation too. Columbus coming on strong, though.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Wish you all would have just won in regulation, would have been an almost flawless night for the Caps with Pens losing to Isles in regulation too. Columbus coming on strong, though.

I need Philly to make the playoffs, get to the conference finals and Mrazek to win 6 playoff games, so right now I like them getting at least a point. Unfortunately it's looking less and less likely that they would even start Mrazek in the playoffs.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
A little consolation for the Red Wings fans; Brendan Smith who showed up to training camp out of shape, struggled to maintain a roster spot all season only to finally be waived two months ago apparently broke his hand Sunday fighting one of our regular forward call up's, Vinni lettierri, at practice in the AHL this Sunday. All in all no big deal, but we signed this train wreck for 4 years at 17.4 mil... fuck

Merrith

A little consolation for the Red Wings fans; Brendan Smith who showed up to training camp out of shape, struggled to maintain a roster spot all season only to finally be waived two months ago apparently broke his hand Sunday fighting one of our regular forward call up's, Vinni lettierri, at practice in the AHL this Sunday. All in all no big deal, but we signed this train wreck for 4 years at 17.4 mil... fuck

Were some Caps fans who thought he just needed a "change of scenery" and that we should deal for him at the deadline, heh.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t take any pleasure in Smith being terrible. He was always great in the playoffs but would turn into a real boob during the regular season. Shame he never put it together.

I will enjoy ottawa’s 2nd rounder we got in that deal since they are sucking dong this year.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

They guy always had decent physical ability, but has had confidence issues and was reportedly scared of being a free agent and the possibility of not being on the Wings. I always liked the guy, but he was always a mediocre defenseman who never lived up to his supposed potential. Him regressing to the point of not even being a good AHL defenseman is both a surprise and sad.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Green is done for the year due to neck surgery. I hope they call up Hronek or Hicketts, but they'll probably just play XO for the rest of the year.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Feels good taking down the Knights. I thought we were done for with Subban repeating standing on his fucking head. I think the Sharks attempted close to 80 shots by the end of the game.

Hell of a game by Subban, I'm glad to have the point.

Merrith

Green is done for the year due to neck surgery. I hope they call up Hronek or Hicketts, but they'll probably just play XO for the rest of the year.

Man reading up on it that it has been something he's been dealing with for years was pretty crazy. Not sure how he managed to have such a good year playing through that. Pretty sure the NHL never got to see Mike Green at his full powers save for a year or two with the Caps back in the day.