NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was honestly a pretty close call. I could see arguments either way. I think if you boil it down, despite the D man hands on his back, Vegas forward didn't do all he could to avoid making contact...although I also think Jones sold it quite well by spinning way more than the contact actually caused him to.

Felt more like a "which way were they going to rule on it" call rather than one where either side has a 100% cut and dried "it was/wasn't interference"

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Draft lotto results:

1. Buffalo Sabres
2. Carolina Hurricanes
3. Montreal Canadiens
4. Ottawa Senators
5. Arizona Coyotes
6. Detroit Red Wings
7. Vancouver Canucks
8. Chicago Blackhawks
9. New York Rangers
10. Edmonton Oilers
11. New York Islanders
12. New York Islanders (from Calgary Flames)
13. Dallas Stars
14. Philadelphia Flyers (from St. Louis Blues)
15. Florida Panthers

Disappointed that the Wings fell a spot, but at least this is the highest we've picked since we took Primeau 3rd in 1990. I'd be happy with a Bouchard or Boqvist.

Fucking Habs screwed us pretty good. Prospect class really falls off after no.8 and we got bumped to 9....

Merrith

Well. I'll say this, Pens got fucked on that no goal call in the 3rd. I think everyone had to know at some point that puck was across the line, and the final replay NBC was showing with the slow mo sure seemed like you could see white between the line and the puck. Glad we held them to nothing else and added the ENG.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Devil's advocate opinion here, the refs called no goal on the ice and there wasn't any good footage showing a good goal to overrule that call. That camera angle was pretty extreme and we've seen this type of thing in other games where one angle looks good, then the overhead shows otherwise. Caps have been getting some much needed playoff puck luck love this year. Wilson is probably going to get suspended a game just because Tom Wilson.

Merrith

Devil's advocate opinion here, the refs called no goal on the ice and there wasn't any good footage showing a good goal to overrule that call. That camera angle was pretty extreme and we've seen this type of thing in other games where one angle looks good, then the overhead shows otherwise. Caps have been getting some much needed playoff puck luck love this year. Wilson is probably going to get suspended a game just because Tom Wilson.

It's possible, but in that case, wasn't the puck actually a couple inches off the ice? In that case, it's much easier to mistake the gap above the ice for "white". Agree that since it was called no goal on the ice, definitely affected the outcome.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I went to 3 stores to buy a VGK hat

all the other band-wagoner's beat me to it

VGK in 17

Edit: that fleury save in OT was unreal, shattered all SJ hope kek

Last edited:

Merrith

That Winnipeg comeback was nuts. Tough win tonight for us, weird being up 2-1 so used to being behind 3-1 come Game 5 last 2 years. Need to go balls out Thursday night and try to grab both games up there to have our own 3-1 lead. We'll see what they do with Wilson. I honestly am having a hard time with this latest one. He clearly hits him shoulder to shoulder first, but it blasts through and caught the head. Sullivan said broken jaw and will need surgery. Of course they acted like Dumoulin was dead before DoPS ruled no suspension and he went and played tonight as if nothing was wrong from the other night...so who knows.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
My dislike for Pierre grows stronger. I’ve never been a Tom Wilson apologist, but the amount of straight fake news Pierre spreads on air about the guy is retarded. You don’t need slow mo and certain camera angles to show a dirty hit. When they happen, it’s obvious at full speed.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Very conflicted. Pittsburgh's deliciously ironic tears are just heavenly, but playoffs just wont be the same without a Caps early exit. Plus Wilson can eat a dick of course.

Think he will get a game but only because he was laughing. Otherwise i'm pretty sure the dops has given him a license to kill out there. Personally i'd like to see him get 2 minimum but my heart wont really bleed for the pens so whatevs I guess.

Merrith

Very conflicted. Pittsburgh's deliciously ironic tears are just heavenly, but playoffs just wont be the same without a Caps early exit. Plus Wilson can eat a dick of course.

Think he will get a game but only because he was laughing. Otherwise i'm pretty sure the dops has given him a license to kill out there. Personally i'd like to see him get 2 minimum but my heart wont really bleed for the pens so whatevs I guess.

Pretty sure he was only laughing at whatever bullshit Letang tried to say to him immediately after the hit. Anyone who thinks he was laughing at the guy being hurt is crazy. His reaction the other night in Game 2 at the sandwich collision on Dumoulin should be a little illuminating to Pens fans and players. Granted they were in the corner, so he didn't have to listen to that piece of shit Letang chirping right away.

It is funny how no Pens fans are talking about Crosby potentially spitting on Kuznetsov in a scrum last night, or Letang's obvious slash of Ovechkin after he scored the GWG.

Malakriss

Doesn't matter who it is or what team, if a guy gets put out for the night their fans go immediately for the pitchforks. Considering the hate that already exists between the teams there's no such thing as reasonable debate, let the league decide and then only one half will be salty.

Merrith

Btw, as far as this Wilson hit goes, I have no problem with people debating what the main point of contact is, head or shoulder. Because even though it seems obvious initial contact was shoulder to shoulder, dude has a broken jaw from the eventual contact to the head. Pretty tough sell to say head didn't receive a bit of contact.

My issue is when typical Pens people bullshit about "leapt into the hit" and Reese rose up to brace for the hit so Wilson also rose up while making the hit with him in an attempt to go straight for the head.

DcM0oNpUQAANRii.jpg

Granted, a still shot doesn't tell the whole story in the slightest, but it sure shoots holes in the "left his feet prior to contact" bs, and the level of his shoulders don't really support him rising up to go as high as possible. Looks a lot like a 6'4 guy trying to get lower against a 6'0 guy.

I still think he should have gotten a game for the Wennberg hit, which I still feel was by far his worst hit of these playoffs.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure he was only laughing at whatever bullshit Letang tried to say to him immediately after the hit. Anyone who thinks he was laughing at the guy being hurt is crazy. His reaction the other night in Game 2 at the sandwich collision on Dumoulin should be a little illuminating to Pens fans and players. Granted they were in the corner, so he didn't have to listen to that piece of shit Letang chirping right away.

It is funny how no Pens fans are talking about Crosby potentially spitting on Kuznetsov in a scrum last night, or Letang's obvious slash of Ovechkin after he scored the GWG.

Don't think he was laughing at the injury, but still not a good look for him considering. Trust me, the Pens franchise/fanbase can kick rocks when it comes to crying about getting bullied. I remember Matt Cooke and all the shit Geno, Letang and Hornqvist still get away with. Seeing Karma kick them in the dick is oh so glorious.

Merrith

Don't think he was laughing at the injury, but still not a good look for him considering. Trust me, the Pens franchise/fanbase can kick rocks when it comes to crying about getting bullied. I remember Matt Cooke and all the shit Geno, Letang and Hornqvist still get away with. Seeing Karma kick them in the dick is oh so glorious.

Still don't want to see a guy with a broken jaw like that. Rumor is that's what happened to Hagelin on Giroux hit last round, as well.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Still don't want to see a guy with a broken jaw like that. Rumor is that's what happened to Hagelin on Giroux hit last round, as well.

Then you should hang up your Wilson jersey because that's exactly what he is trying to do to players