NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Then you should hang up your Wilson jersey because that's exactly what he is trying to do to players

I don't own a Wilson jersey, nor do I buy he's trying to break every guy's jaw that he hits. But I understand he's in every opposing fans' head making them believe that's the case.

I actually think my next Caps jersey will be a Kuznetsov one. Been rocking the 8 for 10+ years now. Eventually going to need to get another, and Kuzy seems a safe bet after his recent contract.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I don't own a Wilson jersey, nor do I buy he's trying to break every guy's jaw that he hits. But I understand he's in every opposing fans' head making them believe that's the case.

I actually think my next Caps jersey will be a Kuznetsov one. Been rocking the 8 for 10+ years now. Eventually going to need to get another, and Kuzy seems a safe bet after his recent contract.

I was just teasing ya! I vote Holtby, but yea Kuzy the safer bet.

For what its worth, whatever he is doing is having a huge impact on the series and so far the league see's no issue so why the hell not.

Merrith

I was just teasing ya! I vote Holtby, but yea Kuzy the safer bet.

For what its worth, whatever he is doing is having a huge impact on the series and so far the league see's no issue so why the hell not.

Kuzy by faaaar safer bet over Holtby. With Samsonov coming over end of this year, I'd bet once Holtby's deal runs out we might move on from him.

I do think the league sees an issue with it since he has a hearing today. I'm not convinced they think he's a head hunter like every other fanbase does. I mean these hits could be MUCH worse if he was really out there just head hunting. But yeah, he has 2 goals and 5 assist in 9 playoff games, all at even strength, too. I'd like the reckless hits to get toned down some, but he's also been a huge part of our PK success the last stretch of games. He's having a good positive impact in far more ways than just hits.

Merrith

3 games. Kind of more than I think it deserved. This is them sending a message, but they're going to have a precedent set now for big guys hitting smaller guys and causing damage. The league is going to have to eventually just declare any and all head contact regardless of anything a penalty.

Merrith

Every series either 2-1 or 2-2. I actually think tonight's game in Pittsburgh is massive. Obviously huge difference in 2-2 or Caps up 3-1 going back to DC. I think 3-1 potentially would mean even more than normal for the Caps psyche. Despite the old "Caps 3-1 history" stuff, Ovechkin's caps have never had a 3-1 lead against Pitt. They went up 2-0 in '09, only to come back home for Game 5 then tied 2-2, and have been down 3-1 coming home for Game 5 each of the last two years against the Pens. Coming home up 3-1 with 3 chances to close would be massive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah. The Lightning really don't deserve that win. What a ridiculous combination of stupid chance and horrendous officiating.

Merrith

Well was in NYC for the weekend, but got to see highlights of Game 5 at least and had the final score spoiled by some random up there. Bit of a different spot for this team being up 3-2 against the Pens. Hasn't been true in any of the 3 previous series in this era.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think the NHL should just put it in the players hands. If Marchand licks you, you are absolutely allowed to drop your gloves and have a team mate hold him while you punch him. Should take care of it in short order.

Also, I hate Tampa Bay.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I think the NHL should just put it in the players hands. If Marchand licks you, you are absolutely allowed to drop your gloves and have a team mate hold him while you punch him. Should take care of it in short order.

Also, I hate Tampa Bay.

J3tuPrq.png

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Personally I was hoping it would get resolved by a player licking him back and making it super awkward. Ironically enough I doubt any player is man enough to lick another dude like that... fuckin' prudes...

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Good job Trotz. You finally trusted your young guys and made adjustments when they needed to happen. You bought yourself at least a mid season firing for now.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit, they finally did it!

Now when I wear my Caps lanyard at work everyday it's slightly less embarrassing for a week.

Edit: To clarify, I wear my Caps one year round after giving the middle finger to the NFL/Redskins.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Great series by the Caps, they were the better team. Deserved the win, congrats.

INB4 Kessel/Geno playing with multiple broken limbs excuse

• 1Like