NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Calling a Caps win tn, then Bolts get the next three. Caps get game 5 but lose in 6.
Every post game tweet will be flooded with "lul refs" or some other variation. Ovie will score 18 goals and they will mention how Holtby didn't start the playoffs but came back strong to save the team no less than 8 times. Also Girardi will score a gwg in OT before series ends.

**bonus: Wilson will injure Callahan.

First actual case of it

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Calling a Caps win tn, then Bolts get the next three. Caps get game 5 but lose in 6.
Every post game tweet will be flooded with "lul refs" or some other variation. Ovie will score 18 goals and they will mention how Holtby didn't start the playoffs but came back strong to save the team no less than 8 times. Also Girardi will score a gwg in OT before series ends.

**bonus: Wilson will injure Callahan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Of leaving his feet before contact on a hit in the playoffs. (btw, I bolded "before")

Edit: StoiC you forgot that whenever we get Pierre, we'll hear about how great of a human being and all around player Callahan is, along with where Brayden Point played junior hockey.

Last edited:

Merrith

Nice to not see most of the fans there complain about the most obvious TMM penalty you'll see. I bet lots of guys wish they could just hop over the bench behind the D like that.

Merrith

We're getting all the breaks currently. TMM ice to negate a goal at end of a period and score on the PP with 3 seconds left? Then two whiffs that turn into goals? I'll take it, but save some of these bounces for later games.

Merrith

Never seen a team with such a low conversion % on odd man rushes like we have. Good thing we got some breaks earlier in the game, those penalties in the 3rd might have come back to bite us otherwise.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I think half those odd mans are from Stephenson being in the lineup. Defenders sleep on him in the neutral zone and he burns them on the outside. He however doesn't quite have the hands yet to finish like Kuzy does on those breaks. Dude has worked his ass off in the playoffs and generates at least a break away a game.

Merrith

I think half those odd mans are from Stephenson being in the lineup. Defenders sleep on him in the neutral zone and he burns them on the outside. He however doesn't quite have the hands yet to finish like Kuzy does on those breaks. Dude has worked his ass off in the playoffs and generates at least a break away a game.

That kid has been a revelation in these playoffs. He's like Vrana lite with his speed, although not nearly the offensive instincts. Still, could have had an assist when Carlson hit the crossbar, and on the Eller almost goal. I'm really hoping that if we let Beagle go sign somewhere for too much money, Stephenson takes over that spot next season.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
half of me wants Caps to finally win and cap off (sic!) Ove's career but the other half of me wants them to lose The Cup to a fucking expansion team in game 7

Merrith

half of me wants Caps to finally win and cap off (sic!) Ove's career but the other half of me wants them to lose The Cup to a fucking expansion team in game 7

Caps/Vegas Finals would be nuts considering it would be us vs. our former GM.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Solid win. Hope the rest of the series isn't as lopsided, hoping to see some good hockey with these two.

I'm actually okay with any of these 4 teams winning the cup. Wanna root for the Bolts so we get their 1st round pick next year as well, I just can't fully commit to seeing all those ex-Rangers win a cup. Not because I don't think they deserve it or anything, just don't wanna get further enraged about AV's usage running good players out of town.

Merrith

Solid win. Hope the rest of the series isn't as lopsided, hoping to see some good hockey with these two.

I'm actually okay with any of these 4 teams winning the cup. Wanna root for the Bolts so we get their 1st round pick next year as well, I just can't fully commit to seeing all those ex-Rangers win a cup. Not because I don't think they deserve it or anything, just don't wanna get further enraged about AV's usage running good players out of town.

Weird spot to be in yeah, with that conditional pick. I highly doubt we see the same Tampa team tomorrow night. Obviously already grabbing a game down there is good, but I think it will help Backstrom not rush back. No idea what is wrong with his hand, but reports say he feels pretty confident he will play in this series. The longer we aren't in danger in this series the healthier he can get before coming back.

Tampa is going to need to make adjustments on their PK though, if they let Ovechkin get that many looks, it's going to burn them again in this series. The Penguins sold out to take away Ovechkin on the PP. Helped Oshie and Carlson score a goal or two, but I'm sure that's preferable to letting AO bomb away from his office. On the flip side...we can't take dumb penalties like we did in the 3rd, b/c their PP is just as good. Taking some bad penalties will be a fast way for Tampa to get even in the series tomorrow.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Great win by the Jets. It's fun to think of Vegas going the whole way as a first year team, but I'm really pulling for the Jets. It would be so good for that franchise.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm torn, I'd love for Vegas to win because it would send a clear message to other teams that if an expansion team with a bunch of unwanted players can get there their first year... how come some teams can't do shit and be continually in "reconstruction" (Looking at you, Montreal).

On the other hand, being Canadian, I'd love for the cup to come back to Canada with a Winnipeg win, they deserve it.. both teams do, actually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I'm torn, I'd love for Vegas to win because it would send a clear message to other teams that if an expansion team with a bunch of unwanted players can get there their first year... how come some teams can't do shit and be continually in "reconstruction" (Looking at you, Montreal).

On the other hand, being Canadian, I'd love for the cup to come back to Canada with a Winnipeg win, they deserve it.. both teams do, actually.

All 4 teams left "deserve it" as far as that goes. Yzerman has done such a good job down there in Tampa building that team up...I don't need to go over the Capitals history or Ovechkin deserving a Cup finally, everyone knows about it. I honestly would say Vegas deserves it the least, with how favorable expansion draft rules they got over previous expansion teams...but it would be funny for some teams to see their discarded pieces come together and win a Cup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

I am with you in everything you say in this post, especially about Montreal (because my wife is a Montreal fan, and it's fun to rub it in).

Merrith

Watching NBC, you'd think the only reason we won Game 1 was a waived off goal that Kucherov was so unlucky to have called back, and us scoring right away on the PP resulting from it.