NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Penalty Kill could still be better and bail us out there, maybe kill at least one of the two. Still, only being down a goal after 20 isn't too bad.

One goal down isn't too bad, but two badly called penalties resulting in two points is pretty crap reffing.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One goal down isn't too bad, but two badly called penalties resulting in two points is pretty crap reffing.

Is what it is. Can't change it, Caps probably a little used to it with certain instances of goalie interference over the years in the playoffs. Maybe refs throw a ticky tack call the other way at some point. Have to take advantage if so.

Merrith

Merrith...is it happening?

Honestly I think it is. Doing this without Backstrom is insane. I've never seen us look this good top to bottom 5 on 5. Holtby playing well too. Where are the holes? We're at least going to give ourselves a chance no matter who we face if we play this way. Getting some scoring from the bottom 6. Eller looking like a legit 2C with Backstrom out. Wilson back to being great on top line. Ovechkin another multi point night. Kuznetsov right there with him.

Trying not to get too crazy with this. Shit even a split at home in Games 3 and 4 and we're up 3-1. I know that's a bogeyman for the Caps in the past, but I can't see this team losing 3 in a row, at least not unless Tampa makes a ton of adjustments.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Glad Trotz and the boys didn’t let the two penalties phase them. Everyone in the lineup is carrying their weight and stepping up when needed. Caps have only been getting better as the playoffs truck along. They leveled up twice in this series already.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'm starting to think the Caps might actually make it. Hoping for Winnipeg to come out of the West since even if the Caps beat the Lightning I have no interest in watching Fleury toss another series of heart wrenching shutouts at Ovie and co. I have absolutely 0 confidence in the Caps beating any team with Fleury in net

Merrith

Attending the game tonight, hopefully the crowd gets over any jitters with us having beat the Pens and looking as good as we are of late. Kept hearing about "what an experience" the Tampa fans made down there, pretty sure tonight is going to shit on any energy they brought in Games 1 and 2.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
Caps look sluggish. Passing is off, bad clears, not being aggressive on the loose pucks like previous games, and not much pressure since half their rushes are dump ins.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I think the Caps will find a new way to crush the spirits of their fans. I thought the Lightning were the better team for good portions of game 1, but the Caps got a few breaks and ran away with it. Game 2 the Caps were clearly the better team, even overcoming horrific calls that put them in the hole. Game 3, from start to finish, the Lightning were far and away the better team. I think the Lightning have the stolen the momentum and the Caps will break down mentally (as I'm doing). Hopefully it's just me being broken from year after year of meltdowns, but I think the Lightning win in 6

Merrith

I think the Caps will find a new way to crush the spirits of their fans. I thought the Lightning were the better team for good portions of game 1, but the Caps got a few breaks and ran away with it. Game 2 the Caps were clearly the better team, even overcoming horrific calls that put them in the hole. Game 3, from start to finish, the Lightning were far and away the better team. I think the Lightning have the stolen the momentum and the Caps will break down mentally (as I'm doing). Hopefully it's just me being broken from year after year of meltdowns, but I think the Lightning win in 6

Pretty much every stat says you're wrong about Game 1, especially the first 40 minutes. 10 shots on goal through 2 periods? Woof. By the time they did anything it was already 4-0.

Disagree on them being the better team far and away tonight too. We out-shot them all 3 periods, just let their PP get going by taking too many penalties (6). They got the better goaltending tonight which also helped. We weren't crisp on the puck for enough key plays. I expect Backstrom back by Game 5 at the latest now, well...unless he sits Game 4 and we win that. I guess up 3-1 then still no need to rush him back. Be a little more disciplined Thursday night, can't just hand them free PP's when they're not doing much at even strength.

Obviously Tampa is good and if they play good/great Thursday night and tie it up, it's anyone's series...but i think it is just you as far as losing confidence goes. Had won 4 straight games, were bound to have a bit of a letdown at some point. Anyone who thought we were just going to win 6 more in a row like it was nothing needs a reality check.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Technically they're not the same as I made the avatar I'm using, probably just a perfect sign of just how embarrassing the skins are that 2 people would use such similar avatars

Merrith

Technically they're not the same as I made the avatar I'm using, probably just a perfect sign of just how embarrassing the skins are that 2 people would use such similar avatars

I should change it back, I set it as that after the whole debacle with Cousins agent was coming to light, and us giving up Fuller in the Alex Smith trade. Since then I actually like what we did in free agency (both what we did and didn't do), and the draft (although didn't think we did things exactly right in round 1).