NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're ridiculously good. But they can't seem to make it happen.
This should be there year. I don't see any weakness yet. All that stops them is an injury or a bad playoff run. Part of me believes had they played knight last year they beat the lightning and win the cup

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It all comes down to goaltending for the Panthers. Bob has looked pretty good so far and Knight is just gonna be a stud for a long time once he gets the reins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1634946515832.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Leafs getting caved by the Pens C team. Bet they miss that North division right about now, sucks to be in the Metro.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Can’t believe how bad the Leafs are. But also insanely impressed by the Pens this season. They just keep winning after losing all their top guys.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Figure'd I'd bump this thread for visibility, on how much Lightning suck. The errors are out of control. We gambled all of our cap space on the Dline (which was honestly the right call) and its not fucking paying off. So many errors at the blue its crazy. Hopefully they also realize how to play when a guy skates up to you. It's like if any player is within 2 ft of them when they have the puck they don't know wtf to do.

Oh and fuck that power play is abysmal.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Crazy crazy stuff. Gonna be interesting if Q and Chevy still have jobs by Friday. Hope this doesn't kill the Panthers juju, they've looked legit.

Perfect timing for Toews and Kane to be unavailable due to Covid. Remember how quickly they protected Kane from all his allegations? Can't wait to hear which players knew and were laughing at the kid for it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Q and Chevy wont be fired. They may get suspended or fined but not fired.

While it wouldn't surprise me if they won't, I highly suspect Q in particular is fucked. The quotes are out there and fans seem pretty disgusted. Looks bad for the org on all levels if they keep him. Babcock got canned and blacklisted for less.

Chevy is 50/50. Might be too connected and far away from US media.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Also, not sure how you suspend a GM but if coach Q gets suspended by the league he's definitely done in Florida. In fact, that's probably what they are hoping for so they can justify a contract breach.

Animosity

While it wouldn't surprise me if they won't, I highly suspect Q in particular is fucked. The quotes are out there and fans seem pretty disgusted. Looks bad for the org on all levels if they keep him. Babcock got canned and blacklisted for less.

Chevy is 50/50. Might be too connected and far away from US media.
I don’t agree at all. It was 11 years ago. Q was with the team 1 year. So he wasn’t who he is now. It’s also not his call who gets fired. It was Bowman’s.

Babcock did what he did with the same organization. And they were on a losing streak. His firing makes more sense.

Q turned Florida into a contender and they are winning. An organization like that will care more about that. I can see them suspending him for awhile but I doubt he’s fired.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I don’t agree at all. It was 11 years ago. Q was with the team 1 year. So he wasn’t who he is now. It’s also not his call who gets fired. It was Bowman’s.

Babcock did what he did with the same organization. And they were on a losing streak. His firing makes more sense.

Q turned Florida into a contender and they are winning. An organization like that will care more about that. I can see them suspending him for awhile but I doubt he’s fired.

He's complicit in covering up a sexual assault, that then led to 2 more sexual assaults. It's been reported that he even gave the guy a glowing recommendation for his next job where his next assault would occurred.

Timeliness and who has authority to fire the guy really don't help him at all.

And I bring up Babcock because the only reason he hasn't been hired again yet is because of the optics. Those optics are why I think he's fucked. It really depends what the owners think will cost them more money in the long run, not morality.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Babcock is coaching college hockey on a volunteer basis so he can keep the maple leafs cash flowing. The hawks better be looking at a harsher penalty than a 2 million dollar fine. That’s a fucking joke.

Animosity

Babcock is coaching college hockey on a volunteer basis so he can keep the maple leafs cash flowing. The hawks better be looking at a harsher penalty than a 2 million dollar fine. That’s a fucking joke.

The fine was already a joke to begin with. But after reading this its even worse. They should lose draft picks as well.

It would be a funny storyline with Seth Jones if they bring in Torts to try and make them competitive.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Torts to Chicago would be hilarious. That whole situation is fucked up, though. I'm not sure Q doesn't end up getting burned by it

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So exactly what was the sexual assault? He just cupped his balls or what?
He threatened to break the player’s legs with a baseball bat, blew the guy then jerked off on his back. The Blackhawks after finding out were like “aww man this will take away from our Stanley cup. Let’s keep it under wraps and let the dude resign.” They gave him a positive letter of recommendation to his next job and eventually he went on to sexually assault a 16 year old in Michigan. His name is on the Stanley cup