NHL 2021-22 Season - Now A Turner Classic

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The panel of Chelios and Messier have been the only good thing about the ESPN broadcasts.

Well that and this interview of Rod Brind'Amour during a hard game (He's sitting right there!!). Makes me feel better about Cooper throwing shade during Nick Paul's intermission interview

Yea when that happened it sucked, esp for Raanta who had been playing great up until that game. Then he got injured in Game 7 (MCL sprain) to make matters worse. Also found out that Freddie suffered an MCL tear back in April so if somehow if the Canes won that Game 7, they'd be limping into the ECF with a 3rd string rookie goalie.

Tampa does what Tampa does in Game 3, no surprise. It would of been a dagger if they lost considering how much they dominated that game (3rd period especially).

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Would prefer to play the Lightning as an Avs fan for sure. Don't think they have it in the tank, but 2-1 doesn't put them in the coffin yet.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not too worried, matinee games are always weird. Nothing against TB, but that was one of the poorer games for the Rangers these playoffs and they still almost stole it.

My only concern is Vasy looking like Vasy again. Made some huge saves before the Bolts really started to press.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not too worried, matinee games are always weird. Nothing against TB, but that was one of the poorer games for the Rangers these playoffs and they still almost stole it.

My only concern is Vasy looking like Vasy again. Made some huge saves before the Bolts really started to press.
No doubt yall coulda stolen it any point in that game. I honestly thought we were done at multiple points in the game. Shesty had a much harder time of it then Vassy did. We took some bad penalties as did you guys and in the end it was fitting the game winning goal was the first on a 5v5 (i think?).

There were a few shots that if had gotten elevated would have for certain gone in. When NY offense is playing at their rythm, 9 times out of 10 they hit that top shelf blocker corner and its been Vassy's Kryptonite all series.

All in all a very stressful game. But ridin the high on the win for tonight at least.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Mackinnon and McDavid are giving us an awesome show tonight.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagine being an Oilers fan this series? Literally any time the Avs gain the zone, a goal can happen. My blood pressure would be through the roof.

It's so weird b/c I saw a stat that showed goals saved above expected for the playoff heading into the CF and Smith was #4 overall (Shesterkin and Vasy were 1 and 2, naturally). He's either really on and making a lot of big saves, or just terribad allowing any medium danger chance to go in.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah nothing is stopping these Avs. My Kings took the Oil to 7 and the Avs kicked their shit in, although Edmonton looked brilliant at times in this series.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
The save he made was the one he shouldn't. If he let's that high stick in, there's no question it's over the cross bar.

• 1Worf

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Love me some 5 point game Makar! That kid is good!

1654580550292.png

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Vasi is looking himself again and the Rangers are allergic to creating traffic, no bueno.

McDonagh cross checking anyone within 1 foot of the crease. Sure could use a player like that, but somehow I doubt he plays that game if he's still in NY.

Oh well, best of three but i'm officially concerned.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm just hoping for entertainment. I would rather not see Tampa 3 peat, but I think they have they best chance against Colorado. As a Wings fan, I am contractually obligated to hate the Avs even though I would be happy for Helm.

If the Rangers beat Tampa, the only way I see them beating the Avs is if Igor puts together an all time great performance and goalies them.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone else feel like Hedman is playing injured? He seems to move in slow mode whenever he has to turn.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stole one at the garden. Huge win
12-5 high danger chances at 5 v 5. Scoring chances overall and expected goals at 5 v 5 both around 55% in Tampa's favor. If you do all situations those numbers go up a LOT, too (slightly over 4 expected goals).

Shesterkin was the one who almost stole one.