NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
There's nothing more terrifying to me this season than the caps having a lead going into the third

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Buffalo is the only easy out in this division, though NJ seems to be coming back down to reality. I'm hyper critical of the Rangers, but they have been in all but like 3 games and one of those was game 1. Take a look at the goal differential's between the best and worst of each division.

13 goals seperate the East
33 in the Central
32 in the West
and 49 (lul) in the Norf

We are as tight as advertised over here

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Buffalo is the only easy out in this division, though NJ seems to be coming back down to reality. I'm hyper critical of the Rangers, but they have been in all but like 3 games and one of those was game 1. Take a look at the goal differential's between the best and worst of each division.

13 goals seperate the East
33 in the Central
32 in the West
and 49 (lul) in the Norf

We are as tight as advertised over here

Still think in the end it'll be 5 teams fighting for the 4 spots, but you guys or the Devils could surprise if either team gets hot.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im honestly blown away at how bad Buffalo is. I always thought Taylor Hall was very overrated and hes definitely showing his MVP season was a fluke.

Merrith

Im honestly blown away at how bad Buffalo is. I always thought Taylor Hall was very overrated and hes definitely showing his MVP season was a fluke.

Not sure if it was a total fluke, he got hurt the year after limited him to only 33 games (although he put up 37 points which isn't bad). Plus the trade the year after to Arizona, now with Buffalo, moving around teams and the injury may have hurt his numbers quite a bit.

I could buy his goal total being fluky that year, shot 14% for the season when his career average is 10.6%. Although that isn't a crazy increase, but if he shot his average would have had like 8 less goals which would have been a more normal year for him versus pushing 40.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Personally, i've never been super impressed with Hall. Can't say i've watched him a whole lot though so i'm probably a bad judge

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Toronto staying strong. They looked pretty sharp tonight. I so wish it would last into the playoffs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Im just glad his plan of going to Buffalo has backfired on him

I'm more excited to see Skinner fail so hard, problem is he got paid before it happened and I don't hate Buffalo so I feel bad they're on the hook for that deal.

Animosity

I'm more excited to see Skinner fail so hard, problem is he got paid before it happened and I don't hate Buffalo so I feel bad they're on the hook for that deal.
Hes a good player but that contract is just insane. That front office fell so hard for that massive career year he had and just adding more and more money until he finally said yes is mindblowing. But expecting him to score goals from the 4th is the worst logic ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Hes a good player but that contract is just insane. That front office fell so hard for that massive career year he had and just adding more and more money until he finally said yes is mindblowing. But expecting him to score goals from the 4th is the worst logic ever.

Definitely case of guy having a career year at the exact right time. There's just no way he returns value with that contract.

Merrith

Another Caps win. Samsonov looked a little shaky, though. Fortunate we didn't allow a ton of shots on goal today.

Merrith

Patrick Kane hits 400 goals. Was an absolute beauty.

Wonder which of the other active guys hits 600 goals. I think Ovechkin might be the last guy we see hit 700 for a long time unless Matthews has way more staying power than most.

Animosity

Stamkos will probably hit 600. McDavid, Matthews and Pasternak will get close. Laine was heading that way. He could still, he’s only 22. Feels like he’s way older lol.