NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another shutout of McDavid and co by the Leafs with no Matthews and Hutchinson in net. Leafs sitting up the north all:

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'm worried at what will happen to Toronto when they get to the playoffs and start playing teams with stronger defense than they are encountering right now. They're a good team (other than goaltending), but put them up against Tampa Bay right now and I'm worried.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm worried at what will happen to Toronto when they get to the playoffs and start playing teams with stronger defense than they are encountering right now. They're a good team (other than goaltending), but put them up against Tampa Bay right now and I'm worried.

Tampa should be the run away favorite to repeat as cup champs. There isn't a team in the league who isn't worried about facing them in the playoffs.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Tampa should be the run away favorite to repeat as cup champs. There isn't a team in the league who isn't worried about facing them in the playoffs.

I'm hoping they have injuries. Or maybe Covid. But that makes me a bad person.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3rd consecutive shutout on a game we're outshot by something like 40-50%. Fucking spoiled to have Vassy in the net.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was a great fucking hockey game between us and Boston. Hate that it ends in the shootout, but I'll take the extra point I guess. Probably deserved to be old school tie.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Love this. That kid has been running around taking liberties like a clown and disrespecting ppl he shouldn't be as a rook.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Love this. That kid has been running around taking liberties like a clown and disrespecting ppl he shouldn't be as a rook.

Kid tried to fight Ovi earlier in the 3rd too. Maybe stop poking the bear?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Kid tried to fight Ovi earlier in the 3rd too. Maybe stop poking the bear?

Dude went up to Anders Lee and started crosschecking him with a minute left because his team was down by like 4. I don't like the Isles but have some respect for the captain, you literally just got here.

Was doing the same against multiple Rangers and tried going after Lafreniere a few times. Got tuned up by Lemieux and started screaming at him to go again. Like, just you're lumps kid and move on.

Merrith

Dude went up to Anders Lee and started crosschecking him with a minute left because his team was down by like 4. I don't like the Isles but have some respect for the captain, you literally just got here.

Was doing the same against multiple Rangers and tried going after Lafreniere a few times. Got tuned up by Lemieux and started screaming at him to go again. Like, just you're lumps kid and move on.

Not sure if he was watching what happened the last time a kid ended up dropping the gloves with Ovechkin, or just the general idea that Ovechkin is going to just hand them that trade both of them off for 5 minutes in the 3rd of a 0-1 or 1-1 game.

I would expect Hathaway or Wilson to say hello Friday night.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Screenshot_20210305-004218.png

• 3Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The end of the Lightning/Hawks game was nuts. Lightning score with 0.05 secs left in OT.

• 2Like
  • 1Wow!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was a real good game. And we get to watch them play 2 more times this weekend. I really thought Chicago was gonna be the worst team this year with Delia and Subban as their goalies. But their young players have been excellent and Kevin Lankinen is net has been a revelation.

• 1Like

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
So, apparently, the Stars are just going to end up in last place behind Detroit in our division. I'm a diehard fan, but signing Bones as head coach was a mistake. Yes, we have some major players out with injuries, but so do a lot of other teams who are wining right now. Last season with the bubble environment was a just a unique situation. Not diminishing what they accomplished, because it was awesome, just not replicable. The truth is, however, Bones doesn't have a winning record for his entire previous time as a head coach. Out of like 500+ games he only won around 140 or something. He's just not a good coach. Plus, we don't have that explosive offensive talent right now. It's simply not looking good for us.

On the flip side, I am also a Chicago fan (mostly because of Patrick Kane) so I am happy to see them fighting so hard. I also thought they were going to be crappy with them letting good players go. Towes's remarks when all that went down about how no one told them they were in a rebuild didn't inspire confidence either. Glad to see I was wrong.

Speaking of Towes, have they come out and actually said what his deal is yet? I saw the initial statement about having chronic fatigue or something, but nothing else.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, apparently, the Stars are just going to end up in last place behind Detroit in our division. I'm a diehard fan, but signing Bones as head coach was a mistake. Yes, we have some major players out with injuries, but so do a lot of other teams who are wining right now. Last season with the bubble environment was a just a unique situation. Not diminishing what they accomplished, because it was awesome, just not replicable. The truth is, however, Bones doesn't have a winning record for his entire previous time as a head coach. Out of like 500+ games he only won around 140 or something. He's just not a good coach. Plus, we don't have that explosive offensive talent right now. It's simply not looking good for us.

On the flip side, I am also a Chicago fan (mostly because of Patrick Kane) so I am happy to see them fighting so hard. I also thought they were going to be crappy with them letting good players go. Towes's remarks when all that went down about how no one told them they were in a rebuild didn't inspire confidence either. Glad to see I was wrong.

Speaking of Towes, have they come out and actually said what his deal is yet? I saw the initial statement about having chronic fatigue or something, but nothing else.

I mean take this for 100% gossip but the word on the street is he might have something serious, ALS perhaps? Absolutely devastating if true. One of my favorite hockey players in the game.

Source: I know a guy from CHI who knows one of the doctors who works around the Hawks. So don't read too much into it.

• 1Like

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
I mean take this for 100% gossip but the word on the street is he might have something serious, ALS perhaps? Absolutely devastating if true. One of my favorite hockey players in the game.

Source: I know a guy from CHI who knows one of the doctors who works around the Hawks. So don't read too much into it.
Oh my gosh! I hope it's not something that serious. He's also one of my fav, too. His personality is so awesome. That's pretty sad. Been worried about what's going on with him since they haven't really said anything.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its gotta be something serious. Back in November he did an interview that said he was rejuvenated and ready to play this season. But then stayed on LTIR and now his retirement. Hopefully its just the Blackhawks saying we dont have a roster spot for you anymore with our youth movement, just stay on LTIR and enjoy the free paycheck.

• 1Like

Merrith

Wilson might get a call from league tomorrow. Reckless hit in 1st tonight.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This TB vs CHI series has been the best hockey I've watched all season. Although I've been a bit frustrated with how TB has been playing I can't deny these games have been riveting.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users