NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4 games against Dallas next week, I expect it to be pretty damn brutal. I'll consider us lucky if we get 2 points out of that.
Time to drop in the standings! We aren’t going landing Owen Power right now

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow this caps bruins game is a good one. I had to leave during the first period. Might have to rewatch it all.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow this caps bruins game is a good one. I had to leave during the first period. Might have to rewatch it all.

Ugly transition defense by us all game. Every time people start getting loud about Carlson for Norris I want them to watch tape of games like this. If he puts up 25+ more points than every other D man some year...sure, give him the Norris. Until then, if anyone is close and at least moderately good defensively, he shouldn't win it.

Animosity

No ones ever considered him a good defender though. He’s like the other Karlsson. Mediocre defender with insane offensive talent. Bruins are just buzzing today. Their PK is just so good and effective.

Merrith

No ones ever considered him a good defender though. He’s like the other Karlsson. Mediocre defender with insane offensive talent. Bruins are just buzzing today. Their PK is just so good and effective.

No I know, but a certain percentage of the Capials fan base thinks he should get the Norris on leading all D men in points alone. My opinion is you have to either lead in points or goals among all D men by a large margin before that becomes a thing (as it was for Karlsson and Burns). Mike Green got robbed of it, but Carlson has not been imo.

Animosity

I agree with that for sure. He was on an insane tear last season but that fall off the last half of it definitely killed it for him.

Merrith

I agree with that for sure. He was on an insane tear last season but that fall off the last half of it definitely killed it for him.

yeah and he was like 4th among D men in goals scored. For better or worse, he's always going to have the rep of piling up a lot of PP assists by feeding Ovechkin for one timers, too.

Merrith

Hathaway probably will see a suspension for that hit. Not good at all. Schultz hurt in this game from knee on knee from Hall, too.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What is wrong with Toronto? Lost the last four.

Oh, right. It's the time in the season when every win matters.

So frustrating.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
With how terrible Holtby was the last 2 years it's incredible I'm pining for his level of poor play vs the total incompetence the Caps have in goal instead. The Caps window is going to close due to gross incompetence in goal, real shame. The gulf between the overall roster quality and the goal tending quality is enormous

Merrith

I think they should just let Samsonov run with it. If he has a real bad game or it's a back to back, give Vanecek a start. Frankly we gave up way too many easy plays today for goals, Carlson alone was just terrible.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I think they should just let Samsonov run with it. If he has a real bad game or it's a back to back, give Vanecek a start. Frankly we gave up way too many easy plays today for goals, Carlson alone was just terrible.

Carlson has been a real problem as well for sure, I hope we expose him for Seattle

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Guess they thought the 5 and a game was enough for Hathaway. Saw slow mo and Tinordi was turning a little at the last minute, but man he got banged up from that hit, I was expecting 1 game at least.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shame they couldn't pull out the win but it was great to see Patty break the record. I wish he could have done it at home, and that this COVID shit didn't force the arena to be empty.

1618900509542.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Shame they couldn't pull out the win but it was great to see Patty break the record. I wish he could have done it at home, and that this COVID shit didn't force the arena to be empty.

View attachment 349532

As a Wings fan I am obligated to be at least mildly perturbed when a Gordie record falls.

Wings actually played pretty well against Dallas and forced things to a shootout. Maybe there's hope they steal a win in the next 3 games.

I was highly annoyed about being unable to find an actual away stream of the game though. All the ones labeled away were the same damn thing as the home stream.

Merrith

Islanders tried a new OT strategy tonight, skate around with the puck and basically almost never shoot. Boring as fuck. Guess they got what they deserved losing in the shootout. Samsonov looked sharp.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Vrana has 4 against Dallas tonight.

Is this that thing called offense that I've heard about?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Vrana has 4 against Dallas tonight.

Is this that thing called offense that I've heard about?

Happy for him to have a breakout game like that, I heard Panik also scored. Dallas was feeling in a giving mood tonight I guess

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Happy for him to have a breakout game like that, I heard Panik also scored. Dallas was feeling in a giving mood tonight I guess

18t45j23ptu61.jpg

Feels good man.

Unfortunately Larkin was out tonight and might be out for a while, Bert and Nielsen are out for the season. Fabbri is day to day, so maybe we'll see him soon.