NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't get to watch the whole game, only saw some highlights, were they that bad? Looked like some top shelf snipes other than the one the guy shot through Letang.

The first 2 goals Jarry gave up should have been routine saves, maybe you can excuse the third goal because he was screened by Letang. The Penguins also totally dominated the game for long stretches, the entire second period felt like the only time the Isles touched the puck was to desperately clear it from their zone, only for the Penguins to immediately regain possession at center ice and bring it back in.

Florida Tampa game was great, I was really pulling for Florida. Don't care for the IR games Tampa played, hope they lose

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think "routine" is underselling a bit. Even Pageau's release point is just top of the circle and it's about as top corner a snipe as it can be without going in off the iron. Palmieri by the time the puck actually leaves is stick is well inside the circle. You read Pittsburgh blogs they're acting like Jarry got beat from a foot inside the blue line.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Florida Tampa game was great, I was really pulling for Florida. Don't care for the IR games Tampa played, hope they lose

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Merrith

No doubt the system was gamed, but we didn't write the rules. You could call it nefarious but the fact is he got hip surgery and they sat him the rest of the year for recovery and LITR. We sure aren't the first team to have a ton of LITR cap going into the playoffs.

You might have had the most space used, though. Technically the league could challenge if he was well enough to have played before the regular season ended...it's just kind of let go that all of these guys for teams over the years are for sure not well enough to play right up until after the regular season is over and the cap is gone when suddenly they manage to pass all tests/physicals/whatever and are game ready by Game 1 of their series.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree the rules need to change. But for now I'll be yellin KUUUUUCH from the top of my lungs

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Sure would be great if we could not make simple turnovers that end up in our net. Not sure what Anderson was doing on that first goal against, though.

Merrith

I'll be damned if i'm gonna sit here and let you besmirch Marchand's good name! May he punch many a Cap in the nads, I say!

Hey as long as the refs call him for it, he can sit in the box as much as he wants!

Merrith

How that Bruins 3rd goal started is Exhibit Whatever Real High Number of why I can never think Carlson deserves a Norris.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Nice shot by Marchand to end it. Oh well, need to get at least 1 up in Boston.