NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sooo, draft lottery is in like an hour. Not much advertising for it. Guess i'm rooting for the Wings or maybe Arizona for a laugh.

Just no Devils is all I ask.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The wings not moving down is really the best result I could have hoped for.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
192518924_1865542940283618_1745190337136722579_n.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, so maybe I'm a douche. I know no one will disagree. That hit didn't seem late, yes his shoulder was higher than it should have been, but it didn't seem that terrible to me. Am I a monster.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Okay, so maybe I'm a douche. I know no one will disagree. That hit didn't seem late, yes his shoulder was higher than it should have been, but it didn't seem that terrible to me. Am I a monster.

Elbow may have come up at the end but I'd need some angles to know for sure (it seemed like there was head contact but that can be deceiving in real time).

What it almost certainly was is Charging due to the number of strides taken directly before the hit since he's skating hard back from the O zone to try to stop the goal/lay the hit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
As a Habs fan who only saw the hit live, I take more exception to the fact that, he was a full 2 steps behind and was never going to prevent the goal. Thus taking any shot at him was always going to be a little late -- factor in that he took such a long stride and made contact with the head? With that being said, he's going full speed trying to save a goal during the playoffs, so it's a tough situation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Completely unnecessary and dangerous for sure. The hit didn’t look dirty but the intent and result make it worse.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Player safety office will earn their money deciding this one. If you call that a charge because of distance traveled then you need to call charging on every waved off icing. I'm not claiming I was coached correctly, but I was always coached on breakaways and plays like that to play the body.

Merrith

As a Habs fan who only saw the hit live, I take more exception to the fact that, he was a full 2 steps behind and was never going to prevent the goal. Thus taking any shot at him was always going to be a little late -- factor in that he took such a long stride and made contact with the head? With that being said, he's going full speed trying to save a goal during the playoffs, so it's a tough situation.

This is my problem with the "he's trying to prevent a goal" defense I've seen in some spots. He makes no play on the actual puck or even attempts to stop the goal. He's looking to lay the hit the whole way.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
This is my problem with the "he's trying to prevent a goal" defense I've seen in some spots. He makes no play on the actual puck or even attempts to stop the goal. He's looking to lay the hit the whole way.

Going for the hit instead of the puck is perfectly valid way to prevent a goal.

Charging seems the correct call to me and the hit was definitely high. None of the replays I've seen gave a clear view of where the initial contact was, so I have no idea if he should get penalized for a headshot.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That hit was beyond retarded, and so is saying he was "just back checking" or playing the body. He was already tilted from a play a few minutes prior, and it was clear he intended to hurt the guy by not even remotely going for the puck

but hey if reaves can only get 2 games maybe he'll be fine and just 1 game then get destroyed when he comes back to finish the series

Merrith

Going for the hit instead of the puck is perfectly valid way to prevent a goal.

Charging seems the correct call to me and the hit was definitely high. None of the replays I've seen gave a clear view of where the initial contact was, so I have no idea if he should get penalized for a headshot.

If the hit isn't happening clearly after the goal, though. It seems pretty obvious in this case he could have tried to extend his stick more to prevent the actual shot. He was all charged up (no pun intended) from a scrum earlier in the 3rd, too.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think it was a malicious hit, maybe a bit nefarious. But I honestly don't think Schieffle is like Reaves or Wilson in that he was hunting. I do think he wanted Evans to pay for the play but not like that.

1 game would be fair IMO. Reaves gets two because Reaves is a piece of shit. And they wont' go above 2 in a playoff series, unless your Kadri cause fuck Kadri. There are two constants in hockey, Leafs losing and Kadri getting suspended in the playoffs.