NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Fadaar

That guy
Man, I just watched a summary of the Tampa Bay game from earlier. Did Carolina ever freaking collapse in the second period. Ouch.

I guess? I didn't get to see any of the game but both teams scored 4 in the second. Both goalies had a pretty abysmal save percentage for the game.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I guess? I didn't get to see any of the game but both teams scored 4 in the second. Both goalies had a pretty abysmal save percentage for the game.

They were up 4-2, they lost 6-4. They shut down and allowed 4 unanswered goals. But yeah, not the goaltenders' finest games.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were up 4-2, they lost 6-4. They shut down and allowed 4 unanswered goals. But yeah, not the goaltenders' finest games.
In the second period I thought it was over. I then all the contracts starting earning their money and just making insane plays.

Even Johnson got on it with an absolute banger of a knuckle puck.

Maybe not the goalie's finest game, but all those shots, from both teams, were absolute bullets. Top shelf every single fucking one of them. Except this insane snipe by Kuch. That thing had some fucking speed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Islanders looking to make this series interesting. This is some great hockey.

Though the refs totally screwed the pooch on missing that spearing call. Anyone think that might get sent to the disciplinary board?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Islanders working their butts off. This is fantastic hockey. As much as I like Rask, who is fantastic, I want the Islanders to win this. They're a really exciting team to watch. Empty netter all but seals the deal. One minute left.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It’s crazy how bad the reffing is this post season. John Cooper losing it on the ref and was captured so well by the cameraman. Wonder if anything will change this off-season.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I want to say the reffing has always been bad, but it does feel like there are some instances of just bad stuff. Also while in the past they'd miss a ton of calls, at least it was the well known "okay it's a tied game in the 3rd so the whistles are getting put away for the rest of the game now" type of thing...not they'll follow it up with some really weak call at end of regulation or in OT that you'd see let go sometimes in the regular season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hey, Canada got it done! Excellent game, and fantastic overtime goal. Amazing they won overall after losing four in the preliminaries an being eight points behind their division leaer.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What a collapse by Winnipeg. I did not see them getting steamrolled in this series after shutting down McDavid.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
What a collapse by Winnipeg. I did not see them getting steamrolled in this series after shutting down McDavid.

Winnipeg. collapse is the right word. Sucking donkey balls is a better descriptor. They can't even stir up shit by causing penalties. Absolute crap show.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

It wasn't that they shut down, they committed some really dumb penalties and allowed Tampa to come back with PP goals. You can't keep putting Tampa on the PP and expect to win, I don't care how many goals you are up. It was probably the most frustrating game they played all year. The good news I don't think they are intimidated by Vasi anymore, the bad news is I just don't see them winning 3 straight against Tampa.

I expect the Canes to come out on fire for Game 5 at home but who knows if it gets extended.