NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Parros must be on notice with all these suspensions. He must hate to do it, if it's even him making the call.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't think it was a malicious hit, maybe a bit nefarious. But I honestly don't think Schieffle is like Reaves or Wilson in that he was hunting. I do think he wanted Evans to pay for the play but not like that.

1 game would be fair IMO. Reaves gets two because Reaves is a piece of shit. And they wont' go above 2 in a playoff series, unless your Kadri cause fuck Kadri. There are two constants in hockey, Leafs losing and Kadri getting suspended in the playoffs.

If they let him back in to this series he is going to get blown up like crazy. I think it's in everyone's best interest to just sideline him for now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Parros must be on notice with all these suspensions. He must hate to do it, if it's even him making the call.

I thought 2 would have been fair. 4 seems high unless the injury is really bad and they're trying to even it out. I think if he doesn't have the penalty/stuff earlier in the 3rd, though, or if he actually tried to play the puck at all it would be much less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I thought 2 would have been fair. 4 seems high unless the injury is really bad and they're trying to even it out. I think if he doesn't have the penalty/stuff earlier in the 3rd, though, or if he actually tried to play the puck at all it would be much less.
Pretty much my thinking as well

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4 it is. They're probably trying to protect him and send a message at the same time

• 1Truth!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is the reasoning of the NHL.

In the video explanation of the penalty levied for charging, the NHL Department of Player Safety said Scheifele was “moving with excessive momentum gained from travelling a considerable distance finishes his check violently and with unwarranted force into Evans, making significant head contact in the process and causing an injury.”

Because Scheifele didn’t make a play on the puck and instead chose to focus on delivering the “high, predatory hit” after the outcome of both the play and the game had already been decided, that was a major factor in the final decision.

Merrith

In the video explanation of the penalty levied for charging, the NHL Department of Player Safety said Scheifele was “moving with excessive momentum gained from travelling a considerable distance finishes his check violently and with unwarranted force into Evans, making significant head contact in the process and causing an injury.”

Because Scheifele didn’t make a play on the puck and instead chose to focus on delivering the “high, predatory hit” after the outcome of both the play and the game had already been decided, that was a major factor in the final decision.

I can't really argue with most of that, other than not knowing for sure how much head contact there was from the initial hit v. whiplash from it (although there could be, was just tough to see from the default angles).

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
4 it is. They're probably trying to protect him and send a message at the same time

Longer than I expected, but I've got no argument against it.

Merrith

Man, the Islanders really made that a game. I was hoping they'd win, but Rask just made it impossible.

Kinda crazy Boston looked great for a lot of it, but soon as the Islanders scored they were all over Boston and could have won it early in OT a few times. Marchand seeing eye shot. Kind of how it goes when the Islanders got a friendly bounce for a breakaway in OT of Game 2.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Kinda crazy Boston looked great for a lot of it, but soon as the Islanders scored they were all over Boston and could have won it early in OT a few times. Marchand seeing eye shot. Kind of how it goes when the Islanders got a friendly bounce for a breakaway in OT of Game 2.

It'll be interesting to see how they play in Boston.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tired of these soft calls in OT. Refs overall have just been garbage this playoff year.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bummer for the US. Pretty crazy that the US and Canada had 2 of the worst rosters and both are gonna be in medaling games.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kucherov had? 17 points in 10 playoff games. Makes less then McDavid, marner and matthews

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man, I just watched a summary of the Tampa Bay game from earlier. Did Carolina ever freaking collapse in the second period. Ouch.