NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Needless

Toe Sucker
as a vegas simp, these refs are so fucking dogshit its insane
and i know its just the NHL enforcing it too but holy fuck come on

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
loooooooooooooooool

Not gonna lie that montreal OT goal might be the best in the playoffs so far.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
edit: Being a newer hockey fan, its exciting to watch but sometimes I feel lost as I dont understand penalties too well, or things like that home ice rule etc.

NHL has the least friendly broadcast packages and announcers I've ever seen in a sport. No attempt to explain anything, lots of jargon and penalties that don't seem to make any sense to anyone new to the sport.

Not entirely the broadcasters fault, they can't feature and introduce lines because teams don't have to produce them like the NFL, and players go on/off the ice so much it's hard to show how the last line did, how it's done tonight vs the line that's coming on (this could be really good information, but requires a creative solution).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NHL has the least friendly broadcast packages and announcers I've ever seen in a sport. No attempt to explain anything, lots of jargon and penalties that don't seem to make any sense to anyone new to the sport.

Not entirely the broadcasters fault, they can't feature and introduce lines because teams don't have to produce them like the NFL, and players go on/off the ice so much it's hard to show how the last line did, how it's done tonight vs the line that's coming on (this could be really good information, but requires a creative solution).

It's the job of the analysists to get the laymen into the sport by explaining things inbetween the play by play announcer. NBC and SN have garbage analysts compared to the top markets regulars during the regular season.

Needless

Toe Sucker
These refs need to go, that baseball swing on perry was insane lmao

like that fleury goal is pants on head retarded and i hate it but the entire playoffs have been awful from calling

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The ref calling must be great on the vegas fan side.

Someone posted somewhere that Montréal scored 5 goals when in penalty box and 4 while have man advantage. They don't have penalty called so they have to score somewhere.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ref calling has been the worst I've seen in any playoff. The blatant push into varlomov for goaltending interference, to the make up no call for too many men on the ice. The Corey perry one is just the most blatant so far.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But this is part of what makes hockey fandom great.

Hearing Eichel might get traded soon. Curious which teams are in the running and what sort of package it will take.
I’m betting on Eichel to Anaheim for the 3OA + misc stuff

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya Friedman says Anaheim is in big time. Just seems crazy to me if they trade Zegras or Drysdale. Those guys looked really good. If they some how get him without trading either of them, Ill be shocked. And Buffalo owners shoulder be fired lol.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I’m betting on Eichel to Anaheim for the 3OA + misc stuff
Sounds about right. In a way i'd prefer LA gets him cause that might make Kupari or Turcotte available, but my moneys on the Ducks which is kind of a weird fit to me.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
That last minute save by Pulock, jesus christ. What a game.

Last edited:
  • 1Blown

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That last minute save my Pulock, jesus christ. What a game.

You're not kidding. That was epic. Islanders deserved that win. They caught up on shots on net, and out performed for the last 30+ minutes. That was a great game.

Oh, I'm longing for Isles Habs final. It would be so epic.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
195444040_4097107617049016_5518015900024981274_n.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is a bullshit situation. The refs are working hard for Vegas. Don't call anything, until you can call something on Montreal AND Vegas, and then make it an Vegas powerplay. What bastards.