NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Holy crap, the refs are just getting worse. They refuse to call penalties on Vegas, even when a Vegas player punches a Montreal player in the face directly in front of them. Then they make the clock run out, killing powerplay time for Montreal.

What in the actual fuck is going on?

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
With all that talent, its weird that Vegas scoring just falls off in the playoffs every year since they made the cup final.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
With all that talent, its weird that Vegas scoring just falls off in the playoffs every year since they made the cup final.

They're Toronto Lite.

And even the commentary between periods is saying WTF is up with the refs? These refs need to be shot and then shat upon.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The official did not saw it.

image00001.jpg

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Why? What would be making it better? Other than better officiating...
Besides that? I have no team to root for... I dislike them all. Vegas is whatever I guess, but I have no faith in them at this point.

But worst of all, the very idea that Isles/Habs can realistically be a thing makes me sick.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Well, brand new game now.

No shit. Montreal squandering advantage. Now I'm nervous.

Besides that? I have no team to root for... I dislike them all. Vegas is whatever I guess, but I have no faith in them at this point.

But worst of all, the very idea that Isles/Habs can realistically be a thing makes me sick.

Why would that make you sick? Two teams with long histories, in "normal" years there is no way they could play each other for the cup, this is fantastic. That's my dream scenario at this point.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
No shit. Montreal squandering advantage. Now I'm nervous.

Why would that make you sick? Two teams with long histories, in "normal" years there is no way they could play each other for the cup, this is fantastic. That's my dream scenario at this point.

Because in that scenario I think the Isles win the Stanley Cup, which as a Ranger fan i'll never hear the end of.

It's crazy how supportive Leafs fans are of Montreal. You guys are better sports than us in NY I guess. Or maybe you're all just happy to finally have a Canadian team playing for a cup again!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Because in that scenario I think the Isles win the Stanley Cup, which as a Ranger fan i'll never hear the end of.

It's crazy how supportive Leafs fans are of Montreal. You guys are better sports than us in NY I guess. Or maybe you're all just happy to finally have a Canadian team playing for a cup again!

I'll cheer a Canadian team through to the end, pretty much regardless who it is. It's time for a Canadian team to have the cup for a year.

But I totally understand what you're saying. I had to put away my Montreal toilet paper, and tell my children not to shout "Montreal Sucks!" It was hard work.

• 1Like

Animosity

Today was the first time I actually saw a lot of bigger media members finally say something about how absurd this officiating is. These games are worth watching just for that spectacle.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Today was the first time I actually saw a lot of bigger media members finally say something about how absurd this officiating is. These games are worth watching just for that spectacle.

Irony is there's been plenty of series in the past where officiating has been total shit, either mostly in 1 direction or some for 1 team or the other in individual games...I guess there has just been enough bs this year to make the noise about it a little more widespread.

Jozu

Fuck I guess refs in hockey are worse than the NFL.

It was fun but no way Montreal win with the refs on Vegas payroll.

If the hockey gods are honorable, this series will end on a competitive game 7 without refs influence.