NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Really glad the Av's were able to sign Makar to multi year deal!

Also, found these on YT, not NHL but some crazy stuff for sure!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
when it’s on your own teams games make it better. This guy has rocks for brains.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rangers going all out with scrappers.

1628122450047.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wings and Vrana come out of arbitration with 3x5.25m, not bad.

Was expecting more when they said the sides were over 2M apart. Our GM wanted to avoid potential arbitration with Vrana with Mantha's cost certainty...and now Vrana is signed for $500k cheaper for the next 3 years. Mantha is going to produce to make that trade not look horrible (although if he ends up doing anything in the playoffs it'll be more than Vrana did his last 2 playoffs).

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Was expecting more when they said the sides were over 2M apart. Our GM wanted to avoid potential arbitration with Vrana with Mantha's cost certainty...and now Vrana is signed for $500k cheaper for the next 3 years. Mantha is going to produce to make that trade not look horrible (although if he ends up doing anything in the playoffs it'll be more than Vrana did his last 2 playoffs).

I'm not one of the guys who thinks the Wings robbed the Caps. Hopefully the change of scenery keeps Mantha from getting lazy, which was one of the biggest knocks against him. That could have just been a coaching issue between him and Blashill too.

Just make sure he doesn't get in to any more stupid fights and break himself again.

Merrith

I'm not one of the guys who thinks the Wings robbed the Caps. Hopefully the change of scenery keeps Mantha from getting lazy, which was one of the biggest knocks against him. That could have just been a coaching issue between him and Blashill too.

Just make sure he doesn't get in to any more stupid fights and break himself again.

Was just a hockey trade and a cap dump all wrapped into one. The funny thing is I'd really like to see Vrana reach his potential, because I think he can be a 30 goal guy at his best. I do worry about Mantha thinking he needs to step up some and fight with Dillon being traded away. Since we want guys other than Wilson to drop the gloves, only other real guy on the team who would is Hathaway. Be fun to see how Mantha gels with a healthy Backstrom or Kuzy for a full season.

• 1Like

Animosity

Joe Thornton signed with the Panthers today. Interesting move. That team really loaded up this offseason. They should be a juggernaut (again) this coming season.

• 1Like

Merrith

Joe Thornton signed with the Panthers today. Interesting move. That team really loaded up this offseason. They should be a juggernaut (again) this coming season.

Honestly they looked prime to make noise last year after their regular season, but it just didn't work out in the playoffs. Maybe they build on it this year.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly they looked prime to make noise last year after their regular season, but it just didn't work out in the playoffs. Maybe they build on it this year.
TBF they got eliminated by TB and IMO it was the hardest win for us. Yea I know NYI took us to 7 but I felt Florida was the bigger obstacle.

Merrith

Lundqvist retires. Wish we'd gotten a year with him, but what a career, definitely one Ranger I could never hate. I'd love to see him back involved with the league or the Rangers again in some way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Animosity

Was surprised to see that they are already gonna retire his jersey this upcoming season. Thought it would be a year or two before that. Bummer to hear he has to have a second surgery. Class act all around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users