NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider

Would of rather kept Smitty over Nemeth, he was a great teammate (aside from punching an AHLer) and that salary is a steal. It's whatever though I guess, Nemeth is the perfect defensive partner for our top prospect who should be on our bottom pair next season.

Canes copying the Bolts blueprint of signing / trading for old Rangers. Don't think they are quite as good as it though judging from the Skjei and now DeAngelo acquisitions. Two big mistakes imo.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Haha, that first game of the season will be a total shitshow.

The funny thing is, Wilson would have to be an absolute moron to fuck with the Rangers again after that last shitshow. He would have to get suspended immediately. I sincerely hope Reaves and Tinordi aren't out there opening night like this is the WWE or something, but who knows. Gallant likes the guy, just hope he plays <30 games.

I am glad Drury has brought in some size though, Rangers fans seem 50/50 but it was a glaring weakness playing the Caps, Isles and B's last season.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The funny thing is, Wilson would have to be an absolute moron to fuck with the Rangers again after that last shitshow. He would have to get suspended immediately. I sincerely hope Reaves and Tinordi aren't out there opening night like this is the WWE or something, but who knows. Gallant likes the guy, just hope he plays <30 games.

I am glad Drury has brought in some size though, Rangers fans seem 50/50 but it was a glaring weakness playing the Caps, Isles and B's last season.

100% Wilson will be expected to answer the bell against Reaves at least once. After that I'd expect him to just avoid anything for the reasons you stated, not sure if that will be the game plan on your team's side of it, though. But hey, it'll probably be great for ratings haha

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
GM's fucking up Fox's price tag. I was happy with Makars, but Jones and Werenski are fucking with our breadwinner

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That Werenski contract is clearly an overpay to keep him there. I wont be shocked if hes named the captain either.

The Revis trade is just a straight joke. Drury has made some very questionable moves this last week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Dave Krejci for the bruins is not coming back to the nhl. moving to Czech Repub with his family and playing pro hockey there in front of friends and family.

he has not ruled out coming back. the czech hockey season ENDS just before the NHL playoffs so he might come back for that.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
That Werenski contract is clearly an overpay to keep him there. I wont be shocked if hes named the captain either.

The Revis trade is just a straight joke. Drury has made some very questionable moves this last week.

The moves aren't questionable. He addressed a huge flaw and Goodrow, Blais and Nemeth can actually play. They are great adds and play "Gallant" style hockey. It's the price which has been a tad high which is fair to question, but the market is weird so it's tough to gauge. Kreider extension into the flat cap was always gonna be the end for Buch. It sucks, but that's what happens when you win 2 lotteries and gotta find ice time/future $$$ for the big prospects. He's been shopped since the TDL, the value just isn't there for a guy who hasn't produced consistently in a full season yet and was 1 year away from RFA.

Tinordi was dumb, would of preferred to keep Smith as 7th D. On the bright side, it pushes out Hajek who is awful.

Reaves is whatever. Trade was basically Howden and a 3rd for Reaves and a 4th which is a huge upgrade on that 4th line. At the end of the day, MSG will love him and as long as he's not playing 82 games i'll like him too. You look at our bottom 6 compared to last season and we are a better team. Losing Buch sucks, but it was always gonna happen and it opens up space for Kravtsov and Kakko who should outpace his production in short order.

We'll see though, so far we haven't lost much and the best he's done is not give in to Adams' demands for Eichel. I suspect Strome is on the way out and likely another Center brought in. How he navigates that will ultimately decide how he's handling the job.

Merrith

The moves aren't questionable. He addressed a huge flaw and Goodrow, Blais and Nemeth can actually play. They are great adds and play "Gallant" style hockey. It's the price which has been a tad high which is fair to question, but the market is weird so it's tough to gauge. Kreider extension into the flat cap was always gonna be the end for Buch. It sucks, but that's what happens when you win 2 lotteries and gotta find ice time/future $$$ for the big prospects. He's been shopped since the TDL, the value just isn't there for a guy who hasn't produced consistently in a full season yet and was 1 year away from RFA.

Tinordi was dumb, would of preferred to keep Smith as 7th D. On the bright side, it pushes out Hajek who is awful.

Reaves is whatever. Trade was basically Howden and a 3rd for Reaves and a 4th which is a huge upgrade on that 4th line. At the end of the day, MSG will love him and as long as he's not playing 82 games i'll like him too. You look at our bottom 6 compared to last season and we are a better team. Losing Buch sucks, but it was always gonna happen and it opens up space for Kravtsov and Kakko who should outpace his production in short order.

We'll see though, so far we haven't lost much and the best he's done is not give in to Adams' demands for Eichel. I suspect Strome is on the way out and likely another Center brought in. How he navigates that will ultimately decide how he's handling the job.

I've seen more Kuzy for Strome comments on social media from some Caps fans.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I've seen more Kuzy for Strome comments on social media from some Caps fans.
It's weird because we've been linked to literally everybody (probably for clicks [seriously, even Tarasenko!]) But I completely forgot about Kuznetzov because it hasn't been rumored really at all from our side.

Merrith

It's weird because we've been linked to literally everybody (probably for clicks [seriously, even Tarasenko!]) But I completely forgot about Kuznetzov because it hasn't been rumored really at all from our side.

I get the impression there's some weird 6 degrees chart that somehow spiderwebs the whole league while people looking for clicks figure out where Eichel will end up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user