NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holtby getting bought out? Can you think of a team that can use a new backup Merrith Merrith ?

Also MAF trade to CHI seems imminent. Dude just won the Vezina, wonder what he goes for...

Pass on Holts. He's done.

Ovechkin re-signed, 5 years $9.5M cap hit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Wtf is Chicago doing?
Apparently they think they are creating a new window? I love the chaos, won't lie.

There's been a TON of action so far this off-season. It's been awhile since i've been this nervous... Almost hope we stay away from anything drastic, but I have my doubts.

• 1Like

Merrith

Really just want to figure out our goalie situation. Still need to see if we try and move out another cap hit, too.

Merrith

Grubauer to Seattle 6 years, $5.9M AAV. Vanecek isn't waiver exempt so...are they just going to have to trade him now? We'd probably take him back if so. Seems weird to pick him then instead of an asset like Dillon which could have netted two 2nd's, whereas Vanecek will probably get a pick for, but maybe not even one 2nd.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LA right now

4207E501-36A4-4658-8FB4-718DB0AE7983.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grubauer to Seattle 6 years, $5.9M AAV. Vanecek isn't waiver exempt so...are they just going to have to trade him now? We'd probably take him back if so. Seems weird to pick him then instead of an asset like Dillon which could have netted two 2nd's, whereas Vanecek will probably get a pick for, but maybe not even one 2nd.
Well they didnt know they would land Grubauer at the time.

Merrith

Well they didnt know they would land Grubauer at the time.

This is true, but Vanecek still just perceived as the backup after you guys signed whats his name from Florida. I get it his contract is super cheap this year, but not like cap issues were going to be a thing with who Seattle took (or didn't take, really) in the expansion draft.

Animosity

This is true, but Vanecek still just perceived as the backup after you guys signed whats his name from Florida. I get it his contract is super cheap this year, but not like cap issues were going to be a thing with who Seattle took (or didn't take, really) in the expansion draft.
I dont understand what your argument is here at all. They signed Driedger to be the guy and Vanecek to be the backup. They landed Grubauer and now Vanecek is a tradeable piece. They made the best pick at the time given the situation. And after all the signings they made today, they are running out of cap space quickly.

Merrith

I dont understand what your argument is here at all. They signed Driedger to be the guy and Vanecek to be the backup. They landed Grubauer and now Vanecek is a tradeable piece. They made the best pick at the time given the situation. And after all the signings they made today, they are running out of cap space quickly.

I'm saying I don't think he was even the best pick at the time if the only reason you're picking him is because he's a super cheap backup, especially when you're not hurting on cap space for this year at all. Could easily take another backup elsewhere and grab Dillon who you could then flip for two 2nd round picks. As it is, for all the wheeling and potentially dealing, Seattle only has two extra 4ths (currently, could end up making more trades, obviously) for the next 3 years.

Animosity

I'm saying I don't think he was even the best pick at the time if the only reason you're picking him is because he's a super cheap backup, especially when you're not hurting on cap space for this year at all. Could easily take another backup elsewhere and grab Dillon who you could then flip for two 2nd round picks. As it is, for all the wheeling and potentially dealing, Seattle only has two extra 4ths (currently, could end up making more trades, obviously) for the next 3 years.
Well its becoming pretty obvious Francis was not the best pick for this job. A lot of guys he passed on were traded a day or two later for picks. He passed on some decent forwards and then signed free agents today who are worse and to even worse contracts. My enthusiam is quickly fading.

Merrith

Well its becoming pretty obvious Francis was not the best pick for this job. A lot of guys he passed on were traded a day or two later for picks. He passed on some decent forwards and then signed free agents today who are worse and to even worse contracts. My enthusiam is quickly fading.

It's still early, and getting Grubauer could mean you guys have pretty solid goaltending. Could be a playoff team.

Animosity

It's still early, and getting Grubauer could mean you guys have pretty solid goaltending. Could be a playoff team.
hah ya luckily that pacific division is awful other than Vegas and Edmonton. Goaltending and defense is definitely very good. Offense not so much. Our best forward is gonna miss the first 2 months of the season. Hopefully once they trade a few of these defensemen, they bring in some better forward depth.

Merrith

hah ya luckily that pacific division is awful other than Vegas and Edmonton. Goaltending and defense is definitely very good. Offense not so much. Our best forward is gonna miss the first 2 months of the season. Hopefully once they trade a few of these defensemen, they bring in some better forward depth.

I wonder if they got real excited at the chance at taking a run at Landeskog.

• 1Like

Merrith

Hamilton got paid. The amount of money getting thrown around today is pretty nuts.

Merrith

And we just got back Vanecek for the 2023 2nd we got in the Dillon deal. Higher than I wanted to pay but it's essentially like we got Seattle to take the cap hit we wanted anyways while we got Winnipeg's 2022 2nd rounder so I'm happy