NHL 2021 Irregular Season and Plagueoffs

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya'll remember when Taylor Hall chose the Sabres over the Avalanche and had the nerve to say he wanted to win?

Avalanche need a backup goalie. Anyone interested in trading one for a bag of peanuts? My boy Joe is looking.

If we had Lundqvist we could probably look to trade you one of our young guys. Not that the Avs need to get ANOTHER of the Caps' young goalies.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Caps keep rolling. Obsidian Obsidian starting to have more faith in the goalies.

They're playing better recently for sure, but I think most of our current run should be attributed to the success of Sheary, Sprong and some of the other less heralded guys. They've really been playing well in Wilson's absence, good problem to have trying to juggle productive guys once he's back

Merrith

They're playing better recently for sure, but I think most of our current run should be attributed to the success of Sheary, Sprong and some of the other less heralded guys. They've really been playing well in Wilson's absence, good problem to have trying to juggle productive guys once he's back

I honestly don't know who you sit, although I think we could do well to have some more set in stone forward lines. Every time I want to say get rid of Hagelin he has a decent game. Sheary looked pretty good tonight, that's for sure.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Mmmhmmm, you'll regret this disrespect when we get healthy and bounce the Caps in the playoffs! YOU'LL RUE THE DAY!!!

cmJghf.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

I feel like that will happen next year. But who knows...game like this, you could make a run.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I feel like that will happen next year. But who knows...game like this, you could make a run.

Yeah i'm mostly teasing, we've played decently lately but can't string together a win streak to save our lives. Hopefully you're right about next year, We'll have alot of cap off the books as well

Merrith

Yeah i'm mostly teasing, we've played decently lately but can't string together a win streak to save our lives. Hopefully you're right about next year, We'll have alot of cap off the books as well

Just hoping us getting a few days off at home doesn't drag us down against you guys later this week. We've been rolling, due for a letdown game.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Good news: Makar and Byram back for the Avs tonight vs the Wild.

Bad news: My 3yo son melted down during his skating lesson today. Didnt make it more than 5 minutes into the 30 minute session.

Reading the tea leaves: I have no fucking clue what that means.

So Merrith... who's your backup goalie? I also hear rumbling theres a goalie on the Canadiens that may not be too happy

Last edited:

Merrith

Good news: Makar and Byram back for the Avs tonight vs the Wild.

Bad news: My 3yo son melted down during his skating lesson today. Didnt make it more than 5 minutes into the 30 minute session.

Reading the tea leaves: I have no fucking clue what that means.

So Merrith... who's your backup goalie? I also hear rumbling theres a goalie on the Canadiens that may not be too happy

Truth be told, I'm not sure who would be considered the backup right now. Samsonov and Vanecek both young guys, but since it was supposed to be Samsonov and Lundqvist coming into the season, Vanecek would likely be the backup.

Merrith

StoiCynic StoiCynic didn't deserve that one tonight. Guess there is a reason that Ovechkin guy has 720 career goals now, though.

Also the young goalie problem continues, Vanecek pretty damn good only allowing 1 tonight.