NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how Philly didn't have someone watching Detroit game to know they were eliminated when they tied it up, then they still pulled goalie in 1-1 game. Thanks Philly!!!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, it was an improvement over last year, but I'm still pissed about that March collapse.

Guess I'm a filthy Rags fan for the playoffs so the rest of my family doesn't kill me.

• 1Like

Merrith

Well, it was an improvement over last year, but I'm still pissed about that March collapse.

Guess I'm a filthy Rags fan for the playoffs so the rest of my family doesn't kill me.

Shitty way to end after such an emotional comeback again (seriously, fuck you Montreal, fucking worthless), but big step forward for Wings, one would think.

Merrith

House money StoiCynic StoiCynic . Just glad some of our younger guys get a playoff series of experience. Lindgren deserves it after the year he had, too. Hope we can extend it to 6 at least.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
but big step forward for Wings, one would think.

Yes and no. Had you told me at the beginning of the season that the Wings were fighting for a playoff spot in their final game, I would be happy. The problem is that they had a good lead at the end of Feb and pissed it away with a disastrous March. Yeah, they were missing Larkin, but they still should have won more than 3 damn games.

Merrith

Yes and no. Had you told me at the beginning of the season that the Wings were fighting for a playoff spot in their final game, I would be happy. The problem is that they had a good lead at the end of Feb and pissed it away with a disastrous March. Yeah, they were missing Larkin, but they still should have more than 3 damn games.

I feel you, b/c I kind of feel the same way about us after we had even gotten up to 3rd in the Metro (very, very briefly) and had games in hand on everyone. Then we pissed that away going 1-5-2 over an 8 game stretch. Not only wasted all the games in hand, but needed Pens to drop one along the way and win out (which thankfully they did to Boston, and we did final 3 games).

But when it's that close, we could probably all point to a game here or there back to October even where 1 more point changes everything. I know I was super pissed couple weeks ago v I think it was Carolina(maybe?) where they gave them a late PP with like 3 minutes left in a tied game on a shitty call. No business getting a win in that game, but we had gotten a 2-0 lead thanks to Ovechkin, and could have held the fort for 3 minutes to get another point which would have been huge down the stretch here.

What is your guys' cap/prospect situation going into next year? Any kids coming up to help and/or money to spend on FA's? It's not a great FA class, but could be some help to be had.

Juvarisx

Florida
Leafs vs Bruins

Hahahah fuck......

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This playoffs is going to be nuts. It feels like its been playoff tempo and importance for the last month already especially in the Eastern Conference.
Go Kings Go!!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What is your guys' cap/prospect situation going into next year? Any kids coming up to help and/or money to spend on FA's? It's not a great FA class, but could be some help to be had.

UFAs are Perron, Kane, Sprong, Fischer, Aston-Reese, Czarnik, Ghost, and Reimer. RFAs Raymond, Seider, and Veleno. Currently cap space is projected to be $28m. Overall not bad, but we have 2 more years of Holl and Chiarot, 1 more of Petry. We need to dump at least one of those, preferably 2.

Prospect wise, we are looking very good. We don't have anyone who looks to be truly elite, but we have several that look like they will be very good. Part of the problem is we are developing a bit of a log jam due to not calling up any rookies this year. Injuries finally forced them to bring up Edvinsson, who has shown in just a dozen games that he is an upgrade and should have been on the team months ago. We're probably going to have to deal Jonatan Berggren, as we've pissed him off burying him in Grand Rapids this year despite playing 67 games for the Wings last year. He's a RFA and contract talks during the season have failed so far. Maybe he'll be included as a sweetener to get rid of Holl or Petry.

Marco Kasper should be competing for a spot next year, maybe Nate Danielson and Axel Sandin Pelikka. Cossa has been great in net for Grand Rapids, so maybe we'll get a glimpse of him next year. Trey Augustine was also great for Michigan State, dunno if he's going to stay there or not next year.

• 1Like

Merrith

UFAs are Perron, Kane, Sprong, Fischer, Aston-Reese, Czarnik, Ghost, and Reimer. RFAs Raymond, Seider, and Veleno. Currently cap space is projected to be $28m. Overall not bad, but we have 2 more years of Holl and Chiarot, 1 more of Petry. We need to dump at least one of those, preferably 2.

Prospect wise, we are looking very good. We don't have anyone who looks to be truly elite, but we have several that look like they will be very good. Part of the problem is we are developing a bit of a log jam due to not calling up any rookies this year. Injuries finally forced them to bring up Edvinsson, who has shown in just a dozen games that he is an upgrade and should have been on the team months ago. We're probably going to have to deal Jonatan Berggren, as we've pissed him off burying him in Grand Rapids this year despite playing 67 games for the Wings last year. He's a RFA and contract talks during the season have failed so far. Maybe he'll be included as a sweetener to get rid of Holl or Petry.

Marco Kasper should be competing for a spot next year, maybe Nate Danielson and Axel Sandin Pelikka. Cossa has been great in net for Grand Rapids, so maybe we'll get a glimpse of him next year. Trey Augustine was also great for Michigan State, dunno if he's going to stay there or not next year.

Maybe Stevie Y can help clear up logjam making a deal or two like you mention to move a bad contract or two, or even just consolidating a couple prospects into a better one. Be interesting to see how active teams are this summer, it's not supposed to be a deep draft. That is quite a bit of cap space, only problem with this year's FA group is a lot are aging guys, or guys who are likely going to be looking to get a BAG this summer (Guentzel, Reinhart). Not sure how opposed you guys would be to spending big on someone or how your current line situation shakes out.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
House money StoiCynic StoiCynic . Just glad some of our younger guys get a playoff series of experience. Lindgren deserves it after the year he had, too. Hope we can extend it to 6 at least.
Honestly i'm prepared for any outcome. It's all gonna come down to how well the Caps defend the crease and/or whether or not the Rangers are willing to fight for the dirty goals (which they usually aren't). Lindgren is the type of goaltender that is kryptonite for the Rangers. They tend to look for the perfect setup too often and end up letting goaltenders off the hook. That's a big part of why their 5v5 is meh.

Other than that it's hope for special teams which the Rangers are pretty elite in.

Either way, cheers to a good series. Hopefully no ref jobs either way. Probably goes to 6 or 7.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kuch fishing for 100th assist in the same night AM fishing for 70. Should be entertaining to say the least.

Potential second round match up as well.

Merrith

Honestly i'm prepared for any outcome. It's all gonna come down to how well the Caps defend the crease and/or whether or not the Rangers are willing to fight for the dirty goals (which they usually aren't). Lindgren is the type of goaltender that is kryptonite for the Rangers. They tend to look for the perfect setup too often and end up letting goaltenders off the hook. That's a big part of why their 5v5 is meh.

Other than that it's hope for special teams which the Rangers are pretty elite in.

Either way, cheers to a good series. Hopefully no ref jobs either way. Probably goes to 6 or 7.

I think it's a stretch to think we can keep up with you like that. Also Lindgren's never played this many games in the NHL, magic has to run out eventually. Been a fun ride. See if young guys can step up at all. We're super banged up defensively, too.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1713401001488.png

1st winger in history to record 100 assists. 5th player after McDavid scored 100 earlier

Merrith

View attachment 525151

1st winger in history to record 100 assists. 5th player after McDavid scored 100 earlier

Kinda crazy the offensive explosion going on around the league. Not completely surprising given the decrease in goalie save percentage last few years after they finally put even more limits on gear size. Kuch elite af, though. Going to be a tough Hart vote in general, b/c I feel like there's multiple worthy guys.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I don’t think Kucherov should win it based on the douchery he pulled at the all stars. He’s elite af though.

Araxen

It's a way better spot for a NHL team than fucking Phoenix.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users