NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s amazing to me how some hockey fans have made Marchand the good guy in this scenario. He’s a dumb fuck and doesn’t get points for honesty. I saw this interview yesterday but here is the article…

“Beating your wife is part of marriage”-Brad Marchand probably

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My only issue with this is his stick getting tied up by Dallas player and it causing him to not be able to make as much of a play as he normally would.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is a brutally bad call. This series should be over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Ooof Stars got hosed. Marchment stopped outside the blue zone, got pushed into the goalie by Makar. That was entirely decided by the no goal ruling on the ice during live play.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ooof Stars got hosed. Marchment stopped outside the blue zone, got pushed into the goalie by Makar. That was entirely decided by the no goal ruling on the ice during live play.

They're just never consistent when the goalie is actually in the blue paint but the player is outside of it, and there is stick contact that moves the goalie at all...especially when the D man is at least in part or fully causing contact to occur.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Biz trying so hard to not unleash right now. The jab at the refs having the draft king sports card was great and really made the other guys uncomfortable.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Dallas played a great series, Avs just made too many mistakes and let it slip away. Now I just want to see a West team win it all.

Here is hoping Parise makes the call for 1 more season. I really enjoyed his heart and hustle on the team, am hoping and we can hold the roster together for another try. Will say that #13 is going to be a big ? for me, even though I enjoy watchin the guy. To be bitten by his bad decisions two years in a row during the playoffs just doesn't sit well with me.

1716023691430.png

1716023973472.png

Haus

<Silver Donator>
By far the worst call of the playoffs. Complete bullshit.

I was watching some analysis of that call after. And the general consensus (that I agree with) was that the refs realized they screwed it up, but the Situation room told them "You're not deciding a overtime playoff elimination game on a call reversal, deal with it.. Better hope Dallas still wins it since we won't pay for personal security details for you for the rest of your lives."

Dallas played a great series, Avs just made too many mistakes and let it slip away. Now I just want to see a West team win it all.

Here is hoping Parise makes the call for 1 more season. I really enjoyed his heart and hustle on the team, am hoping and we can hold the roster together for another try. Will say that #13 is going to be a big ? for me, even though I enjoy watchin the guy. To be bitten by his bad decisions two years in a row during the playoffs just doesn't sit well with me.

View attachment 529259

View attachment 529260
I think the bigger difference is how the teams build to approach things. The Avs are built like the proverbial "blow all your cooldowns" glass canon. Massive up front DPS on that first line, then a large drop off by the time you get to your 4th line. Which works well a ton of the time (look at their goal totals for instance). Dallas is a team built to the dreams of Pete Deboer, and he wants to see 4 solid lines, all of which can wreak havoc given a chance and they have that. But they don't have the "shock and awe" factor by a long shot that the Avs have.

The difference tilted towards the Stars as the series went longer, a couple injuries happen, one guy gets strike three in the substance abuse program, and suddenly the shock and awe wasn't enough to carry the day.

Either way, I can tally up two additional playoff injuries.... Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus ganked her ankle up jumping up and down when the Stars eliminated the Knights. And my blood pressure has been living in a range which is not considered sustainable because of this series. ;)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
please god dallas put the coilers in their place, these guys fucking suck, just slightly less than how unbelievably awful the canucks were

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see Oilers beating Dallas. Maybe Dallas in 6 but probably in 5. The other two have a shot at the cup but my money is still on Dallas. I put Florida over NY in 6 or 7. Either way should be some good games coming up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
please god dallas put the coilers in their place, these guys fucking suck, just slightly less than how unbelievably awful the canucks were
Oilers have shitty goal tending and terrible D past Bouchard and Ekholm. Everyone thought Oilers would steamroll Canucks - that didn't happen.

We lost due to our shitty PP, not enough offense at 5v5, suddenly losing one of our Top scorers for Game 7 (including questional line juggling for said game).

I would argue that Oilers are probably the weakest of the final 4 teams.

• 1Like