AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nhl-memes-week-23-16.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not that we deserved to win that game in any way, but refs pretty much just picking and choosing what to call and what not to call to hand that game away in regulation is pretty shitty.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Shit's getting serious now. I'm happy to see most of the Canadian teams are going to the playoffs. It would really be great if one of them could take the cup home. However, I'm not holding my breath.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not that we deserved to win that game in any way, but refs pretty much just picking and choosing what to call and what not to call to hand that game away in regulation is pretty shitty.
Yea I was at the game last night, the reffing wasn't great. Canes PK is basically a brick wall right now. I remember looking at the scoreboard and seeing the shots at something like 30-10 in the 2nd period and I'm thinking how the hell are we losing this game (I think it was 2-1 Caps at the time). Kochetkov make two incredible saves on the Wilson-McMichael sequence at one point in the 2nd period that would of put the Caps up 3-0 which I'm not sure we come back if that goes in. Would be a decent playoff series if Caps found a way to get into the 3rd Metro spot.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Yea I was at the game last night, the reffing wasn't great. Canes PK is basically a brick wall right now. I remember looking at the scoreboard and seeing the shots at something like 30-10 in the 2nd period and I'm thinking how the hell are we losing this game (I think it was 2-1 Caps at the time). Kochetkov make two incredible saves on the Wilson-McMichael sequence at one point in the 2nd period that would of put the Caps up 3-0 which I'm not sure we come back if that goes in. Would be a decent playoff series if Caps found a way to get into the 3rd Metro spot.

Even up 2-0 in the first, was basically just Ovi magic, shots on goal/chances/attempts were heavily skewed your guys' way the entire game. That sequence on wilson and McMichael was really massive, Guentzel made it 2-1 very shortly after those saves. Was a huge swing in the game. We had some other chances to go up 3-2 after you all tied it, even, but lately nobody but Ovi scoring consistently.

Even if that call had happened much earlier in the 3rd, wouldn't be as annoyed with it. But to ignore blindside hit McMichael took at one point, a pretty blatant trip near our bench at one point in the 3rd, only to call what they did that late in 2-2 game was crazy. They didn't even get the right person, dude tripped over Keumper's pad.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got to admit, I'm surprised at the push the Penguins are doing right now when they were dead in the water during and shortly after the trade deadline. Couple that with how Philly is shitting the bed every game and you can wind up with the scenario of the Islanders just backing into the Metro 3rd because no one else wants to win.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Sid the kid can still play

that was a great game yesterday against Tampa who is also bringing it lately

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So the Wings are technically in control of their destiny. We have the Caps tonight and Pens on Thurs, follow by the Leafs and twice against the Habs. If we can beat the Caps and Pens, it's pretty much locked up.

I have no fucking clue which version of the Wings will show up for these games. That is both exciting and depressing, but at least it's not boring.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the Wings are technically in control of their destiny. We have the Caps tonight and Pens on Thurs, follow by the Leafs and twice against the Habs. If we can beat the Caps and Pens, it's pretty much locked up.

I have no fucking clue which version of the Wings will show up for these games. That is both exciting and depressing, but at least it's not boring.
You already know what’s going to happen. The wings are going to lose their last two games against the Habs and miss the playoffs by a point.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Same for the Caps. Beat you guys in regulation and we completely control our own destiny (our last game is v Philly, too). Detroit on the road tonight, Buffalo on the road Thurs, home games v Tampa and Boston, @Philly to finish.

Of course, we've lost 6 in a row, so there's slim chance we break out of our funk in time to reel off 4-1-0 or 3-1-1 with regulation wins v Detroit+Philly to get it done.

Malakriss

I've seen more effort from the Mets than the Rangers tonight.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Pittsburgh still plays Detroit and NYI in their last games, so guaranteed 2 points x 2 within that group. Philly is effectively out of it but could still play spoiler last game against the Caps.