NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Pretty bad hit by Kubel that was a deserved major/match penalty. Wouldn't be shocked if he gets multi-game suspension. Otherwise great game by us. Sonny Milano looking like a possible gem of a pickup. He is the type of guy who might get hot and look great for a few games than do nothing for 20, though.

Yeah, that hit was just bad and dirty. We'll see tomorrow what happens.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that hit was just bad and dirty. We'll see tomorrow what happens.

I don't know his history to know whether he has repeat offender affecting punishment, but he should easily get a couple games for it, real bad hit.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lightning just suck at shooting this year. So many chances so little capitalized on. Not sure if there's a stat for that but I'd love to see where we rank in that regard. Caps shooters were on point. Honestly can't say vassy should've had too many of those.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I keep waiting for Montreal to implode and get back into the chase for Bédard but doesn’t look like it will happen. Suzuki and Caufield are continuing their amazing season and they’ve been joined by Dach.

Our 4 rookies defensemen are still holding their own, they‘re not going anywhere. They have been constant enough for enough games to show they belong. It’s nice that all 4 bring something different to the game. They still make mistakes here and there which is normal but for the most part they don’t look out of place.

Suzuki is just amazing though, complete player. He can score, pass and is very responsible defensively.

Not sure how long they’ll keep this up, but they are very entertaining to watch.

Go Habs go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lightning just suck at shooting this year. So many chances so little capitalized on. Not sure if there's a stat for that but I'd love to see where we rank in that regard. Caps shooters were on point. Honestly can't say vassy should've had too many of those.

Average shooting % for teams so far this season is 9.9%. Tampa is shooting 10.4%

If we wanted to take shot quality into effect, we would use expected goals. They are expected to have scored 50.16 goals. They've actually scored 49.

It's all in your head.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Average shooting % for teams so far this season is 9.9%. Tampa is shooting 10.4%

If we wanted to take shot quality into effect, we would use expected goals. They are expected to have scored 50.16 goals. They've actually scored 49.

It's all in your head.
This is why I needed the stats!

Boston looking pretty unstoppable right now.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nhl-memes-week-6-9.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You guys still watch this faggot trash?

Switch to KHL already

• 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shane Wright sent down to the AHL on a "conditioning assignment". Scores goal. Feels good man.

Merrith

Good to get Oshie back, had an impact. Never gets old watching Ovechkin win a game in OT.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I goddamn hate Detroit's reverse retros this year. Last year was just lazy, this year they're better suited to Chicago.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kraken/Kings 8-6 through 2 periods. What a shit show.
Wish I had watched that over tampa boston but was hoping for stammers 1k point.

Seattle might be my new favorite team in the west. Gonna have to get me a Yanni jersey

edit:

On top of that I feel like Boston is just unfair right now. I had to double take my screen like 5 times last night to see if there were too many men on the ice. It felt like we were swarmed all game. Lightning really need to change up that East West D to D shit. Board play and physical game the only way we beat Boston. They're faster then us and better on the puck.

However are offensive zone time was great we just couldn't generate much chances off it. Need more net front and just shots to the net.

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bummed I missed the Kraken game last night. Had a shit show going on with car troubles in the snow. Would of rather watched that shit show on ice. Glad they pulled out the W.

Merrith

Ovechkin most road goals in NHL history. Kind of weird that he actually has more road goals than home ones in that apparently that's not very normal among big goal scorers? I wouldn't think it would matter all that much outside of coaches who worry about line matching with the last change at home...but that's not as big a deal in regular season like it is in playoffs.