NHL 22-23: Tanking hard for Bedard

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
hell yeah vegas wins the div, time for them to get knocked out first round baby

What would happen if Toronto played Vegas in the first round? Would they both lose? How would that work?

inquiring-minds-want-to-know.gif

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll just do first round for now.

East - Bruins, Canes, Leafs, Rangers

West - Avs, Knights, Oilers, Stars

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The upsets of the first round.

Kings > Oilers
Islanders > Canes

Simpler predictions.

Rags, Bruins, Leafs
Avs, Knights, Wild

Out of those the most likely to flip cause they are closer to a 50/50

Stars > Wild
Devils > Rags
Bolts > Leafs (curse is on our side boys)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Hilarious a Sabres fan chimes in with a meme attendance joke on the Panthers when they are one of the few teams the Panthers out attend.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Don't wanna jinx my team by making a bracket so i'm just gonna predict a Leafs/Oilers SCF.

I think McDavid is in another plane of existence right now. He's gonna go off this post season and that team will win the West.

Leafs, I mean idk... I think they beat TB rather handily but after that who knows. Just a gut feeling they win the West.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't wanna jinx my team by making a bracket so i'm just gonna predict a Leafs/Oilers SCF.

I think McDavid is in another plane of existence right now. He's gonna go off this post season and that team will win the West.

Leafs, I mean idk... I think they beat TB rather handily but after that who knows. Just a gut feeling they win the West.
Yea all memes aside I feel like the Leafs are gonna shit on us. We have these sparks of brilliance but few and far between. The consistency isn't there. I keep telling myself the Bolts have been here before and they are saving all their energy for the gauntlet but the kind of mistakes that keep happening with turn overs isn't something you "save your energy" on. Besides that they constantly get beaten on the rush and their takeaway/giveaway ratio is sad. They can't protect the puck well and refuse to respect the opposing teams sticks constantly. I'm just hoping to take a game at home so we can have one day for the fans.

Then again with as inconsistent as Vassy has been I'd never count him out. When the guy is on its truly a thing of beauty.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd really love if luck somehow went our way and Bedard ended up in DC. Probably not a fair result but fuck it :)

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I'd really love if luck somehow went our way and Bedard ended up in DC. Probably not a fair result but fuck it :)

Never going to happen.

Question to you folks: do you think if the hockey gods smiled on Canada for a change and it ended up a Toronto-Edmonton SCF the American market would watch? I know how unlikely that is to happen, but I just wonder. Every single person in Canada except Chad would watch every second, but would it be bad for the NHL overall because viewership for the most important series in the sport doesn't get its share of the American viewer market?

Fadaar

That guy
I'd watch just so I knew the exact moment to start texting my Toronto friends to shit talk

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Never going to happen.

Question to you folks: do you think if the hockey gods smiled on Canada for a change and it ended up a Toronto-Edmonton SCF the American market would watch? I know how unlikely that is to happen, but I just wonder. Every single person in Canada except Chad would watch every second, but would it be bad for the NHL overall because viewership for the most important series in the sport doesn't get its share of the American viewer market?

Probably only the hardcore hockey fans. Personally that matchup would be the most entertaining for me since 2014.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never going to happen.

I mean, you say never, but it's a 5 or 6% chance or something? Honestly I think he should end up in Anaheim. Let the Ducks revival happen.