Nier Automata

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It was pretty good on PC, I played it not too long ago and it was smooth. I think the only issues I had were when I alt-tabbed out of the game; I believe it was controller/keyboard related.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i 100%'d the game on ps4 but its apparently fine on PC, there is a small mod you can install to improve FPS and a few other things but both versions are just fine. It does have Denuvo on steam if you hate that. There were a few FPS drop moments on PS4 (Pro) but i didn't really notice.

Buy the YoRHA edition either way which includes all the DLC, altho the DLC is pretty much unnecessary - just some arena stuff and some skins. On PC I imagine there are a ton of mods to make 2B super naked, sadly the best you can do on PS4 is take her pants off.

So PC then.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Is this better on PC or console?
EDIT: Avoiding boolean true response.

Which platform is best for this game?

For hassle free, PS4. Otherwise as long as your PC isn't a potato it's better due to the HD texture pack and FAR.

I... beat the game I think? I got the ‘K’ ending...

This game makes no god damned sense.

If you've gotten endings A-E, then you've finished the story. Endings F-Z are mostly joke endings or just failure.

I couldnt keep going after going through 2B's ending.

Going back through as 9S is probably the hardest thing to do, as you are replaying about half of what you've already done, but with a character who's combat is much less fun than 2B. It's very much worth it though to get to endings C-E. Once you have either C or D done (it's based on a single choice near the end), you unlock chapter select so you can load the game just before that choice to get the other ending, which then goes straight to ending E.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
A B C G K M T and I give up. Game of the year? Holy crap this felt like three incomplete games stuffed together with an absolute dogshit zero subtly storyline. Was it a slow year or something or there some charm other than the female ass cheeks I am missing?

6.5/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I got this based on all the hype I read and was pretty disappointed. I had no interest in getting all the endings, so if getting them all makes the game amazing, they lost me before I could get to it.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i posted about it before, but the game is extremely well done and it all aims at some very poignant meta ideas. that being said, in order to truly appreciate that you have to play through to get the full ending. if you don't, the ideas that you have been subtly (and some not so subtly) dealing with really start to wear on you.

spoiler for some examples
i initially complained about the games ability to LOOK extremely open and flexible but then railroading you pretty hard in a lot of areas. the weapons for example. the combat system is pretty robust, but you get the impression pretty early on that there's all these different kinds of weapons that you'll be upgrading to, like a typical rpg. but there really isn't. there's just a few weapons and you use one that you like through the majority of your playthrough. but that's honestly, what the whole point of the game is. the illusion of choice.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I might continue through E after I take a break... mostly because I have no idea what to play next and really should work through some of my back log of games I ‘just couldn’t get in to but should give another chance’

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nier 1 remaster announced, don't see a release date. pretty awesome, nier automata was a game i played years after release but i absolutely loved it

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I feel like I'm approaching the end of C, but it's just dragging out so much. Really lost interest in everything after 2B's death. Doesn't help that there's a lot of overlap between this story and HZD's story. And HZD is so, so much better than this game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like I'm approaching the end of C, but it's just dragging out so much. Really lost interest in everything after 2B's death. Doesn't help that there's a lot of overlap between this story and HZD's story. And HZD is so, so much better than this game.
I almost puked reading that, but opinions will vary and all are ok.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
nier 1 remaster announced, don't see a release date. pretty awesome, nier automata was a game i played years after release but i absolutely loved it
Wait, we're finally getting NieR on modern systems and it's fucking Replicant only? Old Nier is much better and they were right to keep the kid version JP-only the first time around, or they should have gone the extra mile and let you choose at the start.

Wonder what the chances are of Drakengard 3 seeing a remaster too? That game was criminally overlooked towards the end of the PS3 cycle.

Also, for people who still never played Automata, it's due up on Gamepass very soon (this week I think).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The last Neir with a remastered sound track would be ridiculously awesome on my PS4 home setup. That was some of the best game music I ever heard.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Saw this was on Games Pass so I binged it over the 3 days. First Nier game I played. It was enjoyable, but not enough to unlock all the endings. Just decided to do a full lore recap and such.

I absolutely loved the sound track though.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

the (PC) gamepass version got a significant patch on release last month which fixed a lot of stuff, apparently the steam version will get it now too

also nier replicant launches in 10 days on 4/23/21