Nightly Movie Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its summer now, make sure you guys watch The Burbs at least once this season. its such a quintessential summer movie, i even imagine the smell of the summer heat and mowed lawns during it. movie reminds me so much of all the shit me and my friends used to get into during summer as a kid.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Saw The Thomas Crown Affair again last night. This is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again, like Good Will Hunting or Shawshank Redemption. It just gets better with repeated viewings. Pierce Brosnan is perfect for the role, Rene Russo awesome as well. Highly recommend it for anyone that's never seen it.

Also saw Dracula Untold a few nights ago. So-so. Not the worst movie, but certainly not must-see. Was interesting seeing Tywin Lannister in it as the original baddie. A different take on the Dracula legend, it's worth a look if you are into the vampire genre.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Thomas Crown Affair is definitely a good movie. Another movie, that many people have never even seen, that I put in the same category as Shawshank is The Count of Monte Cristo. Goddamn I love that movie.

Just watchedThe Last Days on Marsbecause I like Liev Schreiber and I'm also a sucker for horror movies. It was okay, I guess? It was pretty forgettable and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they are very bored and can't find anything else to watch.

I also watchedCoherenceagain recently to show it to a friend. I like it quite a bit. It's a very low budget sci-fi movie, and IMDB tells me most of the dialogue was improvised. Those aren't bad things in this case, and I would recommend this one to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I finally got around to seeing Gattica, what a beautiful movie.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Watched the F1 movie Rush tonight.

I had seen it at the cinema when it first came out. And I had been meaning to see it again. Great film, plus an added thing is:

It really hits me in the feels when at the end they show footage of the actual James Hunt and Nikki Lauda. I think it's the honesty of the accompanying dialogue, probably.

Plus as a long time F1 fan, I do remember years of James Hunt in commentary and having watched a few of Lauda's last seasons as a driver. So I get a "Yeah that's him, right there" moment.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I watched a movie the other night on SBS2 (Straya)... heaps of good shit lately on that station, anyway I didn't catch the name.
It's about a sub the sinks and then there was a under water drill rig and then a heap of colourful jelly fish.. not a bad movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched a movie the other night on SBS2 (Straya)... heaps of good shit lately on that station, anyway I didn't catch the name.
It's about a sub the sinks and then there was a under water drill rig and then a heap of colourful jelly fish.. not a bad movie.

rrr_img_136316.jpg

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'll level with ya, I've still never seen it all the way through. I've just seen bits of Ed Harris telling people they done gooft and opening some doors.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It could also have been Sphere if his mistook the spaceship for a submarine.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Another flash back for ya, saw this on Amazon's upcoming videos and had to laugh:

rrr_img_136351.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Circle- Held captive and faced with their imminent executions, fifty strangers are forced to choose the one person among them who deserves to live.

Do not watch this movie.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Huh, following on from those warnings of films not to watch . . .

Tonight I watched Kingsmen - the Secret service.

Good film! highly recommend!!

I know there's been plenty of praise for it on these boards, add me to the list of fans

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Rewatched Bone Tomahawk tonight. I liked it the first time, the second was better.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Watched Marauders, with Bruce Willis. Doesn't even deserve it's own thread bumped, movie was so bad. Just a confusing mess, that tries to be twisty-turny but just ends up contradicting itself. Then they hamfist all these "character motivation" scenes to try to make you care about the shitty people, but I'm sorry, pulling the cancer card just doesn't work.