Nintendo 3DS News, Games, etc.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Aww I was hoping to crush Seans hopes and dreams

I'm gonna pick one up, and resell it a year later for twice the price. Yeah i'm gonna be that guy for once~

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is it a Gamestop exclusive or will Amazon have it as well?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Amazon had a falling out with Nintendo and typically doesnt distrbute Nintendo products first party anymore. The Nintendo stuff they sell is through a third party usually. So I wouldnt count on it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I ordered one from Gamestop, as much as it pains me to give them any business at all.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Canceled my preorder at Gamestop. BestBuy.com has them for preorder as well. You can actually pick your preorder up at a Best Buy on release day, unlike Gamestop which only offers shipping(and not release day delivery).

Sean_sl

shitlord
Pre-ordered my Zelda 3DS XL at my local Gamestop. It's releasing the same night as the Xbone, so I'm going to get liquored up pretty good and go to that launch just to get a 3DS XL.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Bumping this to ask for game recommendations (I like RPGs, western more so than JRPGs but like both) and the standard platformer/puzzle stuff.

Also got the Mugen battery hodj recommended that makes it much thicker profile - any recommendations on a case?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I can't stand hard cases on hand helds. I usethis cloth pouchto prevent scratches when my XL isn't in use.. but i also take really good care of my shit so i'm not worried about dropping it etc.

The best RPGs i've played on the 3DS are easily:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei 4 (there are a bunch of others from this series as well though)
you can also go back and get Chrono Trigger (non 3D) as well.

I'd definitely get fire emblem though, that game was pretty damn good.
Link Between Worlds isn't "RPG" but it was fan-fricken-tastic as well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't have a 3DS but if I did I would immediately pick up Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and Devil Survivor Overclocked. Bravely Default is a no-brainer if you're in Europe, otherwise you have to wait until February to get it in North America because Nintendo are a bunch of region-locking faggots.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guess this thread's as good as any, anyone bought a 2DS? I'm a bit tight on money atm and I figure I don't really give a fuck about the 3D, the reviews seem fairly ok on the 2DS too and it's like quite a lot less expensive. Just wondering if anyone has bad experience with them or something of the sort.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Also got the Mugen battery hodj recommended that makes it much thicker profile - any recommendations on a case?
I've got one of the RDS Game Traveler Cases similar to this:RDS Game Traveler Case - Mario Black (3DS/3DSXL/DSi): Accessories : Walmart.com

It's pretty good. It's compact and has slots for 8 game cards. Seems to be pretty durable too. Most of the other cases I looked at in person were either just unnecessarily big or felt really flimsy and cheap.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Guess this thread's as good as any, anyone bought a 2DS? I'm a bit tight on money atm and I figure I don't really give a fuck about the 3D, the reviews seem fairly ok on the 2DS too and it's like quite a lot less expensive. Just wondering if anyone has bad experience with them or something of the sort.
They are fine - it's just a way for Nintendo to use up some of it's extra stock of original 3DS screens. It's a bit sturdier because it's target audience is children.

Make sure to use headphones/buds though because the speaker on the 2DS is mono.

Bumping this to ask for game recommendations (I like RPGs, western more so than JRPGs but like both) and the standard platformer/puzzle stuff.
In addition to what others suggested, Etrian Odyssey 4 and Etrian Odyssey 1 remake are great also.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I seriously recommend getting a 3DS XL over a 2DS, the bigger screen is just a lot better and there's been a lot of sales on them for $150. The 3D doesn't matter, but form factor and screen size do matter quite a bit. I think the 3DS XL also has the best stock battery and I'm not sure if you can replace the 2DS battery with the uber custom battery.

spronk

FPS noob
nintendo is going to release the 3ds+ in fall 2014, itll have better 3d screen, 3d camera (dual), chrome built in, and more good shit. so if you don't think you are going to play much for 10 months can just wait. but yeah get a 3ds xl over a 3ds or 2ds, for an adult the difference is huge in screen size and it will make a big difference.