Nintendo Entertainment System

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Guardian Legend was one of my favorite NES games and wasn't a very popular title. It was a top-down shooter for part of it, and then you would transform into a human and it would be a zelda-like RPG. It was awesome!

^Around 2:50 starts the human/rpg part.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The Legend of Zelda, Contra and mother fucking Metroid will always be favorites.

I posted this in the emulator thread, but I'll post it here too. There is a website calledNESbox.comwhere you can play both NES and SNES games and it has almost every single game. Even some Japanese only titles. It's free, runs in the browser and doesn't require any extentions.

I'm currently playing bomberman on it for fun.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I still load up an emulator or one of my portables to play the classics. I play Super Mario Bros 3, Legend of Zelda, and Bionic Commando occasionally.

Guardian Legend was one of my favorite NES games and wasn't a very popular title. It was a top-down shooter for part of it, and then you would transform into a human and it would be a zelda-like RPG. It was awesome!
Yeah it was awesome, I fucking loved it. Some of the music and graphics were phenomenal.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Mega Man 2 was my fav to smash my little head against over and over. I loved my NES as a kid , but my SNES was crafted by the hands of God.

xrg

Golden Squire
I never could figure out what I was supposed to do in the top-down parts in The Guardian Legend. I'd occasionally beat them, but not really understand what I was doing. I might have to give it another shot. I used to get it mixed up with Air Fortress, which is a shooter and side-scroller (with a jetpack) mix.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, to this day I have no fucking clue what I was supposed to do or what Guardian Legend was really about.

Baseball Stars was the best baseball game, and to whoever asked earlier, Blades of Steel was on NES.

Another great game was Elevator Action, especially because you could play it two player. And I like Legendary Wings as well.

I remember renting Star Tropics from the library or Blockbuster or something and not being able to get past that part because the page had been torn out of the instruction booklet or it was missing entirely.

Szlia

I don't see it, so let me addChip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers. Frantic 2 players co-op, very cool level design and a broad range of actions and interactive items.

ilikefoods

Peasant
Punch out is the game I played the most on NES
rrr_img_2854.jpg

honorable mention to duck tales

rrr_img_2855.jpg

edit: Just remembered River City ransom, used to play that all the time at my cousins house. Save up cash so you can punch people in the face 40 times in a second.

rrr_img_2856.jpg

rrr_img_2854.jpg

rrr_img_2854.jpg

rrr_img_2855.jpg

rrr_img_2855.jpg

rrr_img_2856.jpg

rrr_img_2856.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Tecmo Bowl.

Just run Montana backwards forever then throw bombs to Jerry Rice. Couldn't be stopped. And on defense Ronnie Lott could catch everyone but Walter Payton.

Smocca_sl

shitlord
I think the NES version of Tetris is still the best version out there. I hate how in every newer version you can juggle blocks for an infinite amount of time, save blocks for later and all that crap. In the NES one blocks fall and you gotta deal with them without any of that bullshit.

Watching someone get past level 12 or so is always fun.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Duck tales moon level has the most awesome music, Track and field developed my fingers and fuck battle toads, ninja gaiden and snake rattle'n roll for being so hard in an awesome way, wasted many hours on those. 1+ for Rygar good times.

also :

rrr_img_3128.jpg

rrr_img_3128.jpg

rrr_img_3128.jpg

Szlia

I think the NES version of Tetris is still the best version out there. I hate how in every newer version you can juggle blocks for an infinite amount of time, save blocks for later and all that crap. In the NES one blocks fall and you gotta deal with them without any of that bullshit.

Watching someone get past level 12 or so is always fun.
The NES version of Tetris is lame and there are many version between it and the silly DS version you are referring to. I am partial to Super Tetris 2 + Bombliss on SNES myself, but the games by Arika for the arcade (like Tetris: The Absolute - The Grand Master 2 PLUS --- mouthfull edition...) are amazing (the also made one for X360 that I never played).

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Crystalis was one of the first RPG's I ever played and is still one of my favorites of all time. And how about this awesome commercial for it!

Speaking of commercials how about these classic Zelda commercials? Did they really think this shit would make people want to buy games? lol