Nintendo releasing a mini version of the classic NES this holiday.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System | Misc. | Nintendo

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo?s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby?s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it?s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.
Honestly, for $60, this thing is probably going to slay this holiday. Back when I worked at Gamestop there were a lot of older types who didn't understand emulators and stuff who would buy the shit out of this. I only wish my carts would work on it.

Szlia

Apparently, it has save states too.

I am not 100% sure who the target is though... 30 or 40 something nostalgic parents who want to replay the games of their youth with their children?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Apparently, it has save states too.

I am not 100% sure who the target is though... 30 or 40 something nostalgic parents who want to replay the games of their youth with their children?
I think the target is people who have $59.99 and want to buy a thing.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's cute, I'll just stick with emulators if I want to load up an old game, play it for 2 minutes and quit.

Szlia

Wait... just 30 games though?
copypasta from Nintendo via Kotaku.

Balloon FightT
BUBBLE BOBBLE
CastlevaniaT
Castlevania II: Simon's QuestT
Donkey KongT
Donkey Kong Jr. T
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. MarioT
ExcitebikeT
FINAL FANTASY?
GalagaT
GHOSTS'N GOBLINS?
GRADIUST
Ice ClimberT
Kid IcarusT
Kirby's AdventureT
Mario Bros. T
MEGA MAN? 2
MetroidT
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MANT
Punch-Out!! T Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropicsT
SUPER CT
Super Mario Bros.T
Super Mario Bros. T 2
Super Mario Bros. T 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of ZeldaT
Zelda II: The Adventure of LinkT

The list cannot be expended. No other model with another or an extended selection is planed.

spronk

FPS noob
it'll be funny when a bunch of kids get this from grandparents and stuff who are all like "I bought you the latest nintendo console!" and the kids plug it in and recoil in horror at the 8 bit screens

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Balloon Fight? - Never played
BUBBLE BOBBLE - Always got stuck, no idea how you win
Castlevania? - Beat legit in era
Castlevania II: Simon?s Quest? - Beat legit in era
Donkey Kong? - Almost never played
Donkey Kong Jr. ? - Never played
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE - Never beat legitimately
Dr. Mario? - Only played against other people
Excitebike? - Never beat
FINAL FANTASY? - Beat it legit in era
Galaga? - Never went infinite
GHOSTS?N GOBLINS? - Beat it legit in era
GRADIUS? - Almost never played it, didn't beat
Ice Climber? - Never played it
Kid Icarus? - Beat it legit in era
Kirby?s Adventure? - Beat it legit in era
Mario Bros. ? - Never went infinite
MEGA MAN? 2 - Couldn't beat
Metroid? - Beat it legit in era
NINJA GAIDEN - Couldn't beat
PAC-MAN? - Never went infinite
Punch-Out!! ? Featuring Mr. Dream - Couldn't even get to Mike Tyson
StarTropics? - Beat it legit in era
SUPER C? - Beat it legit in era
Super Mario Bros.? - Beat it legit in era
Super Mario Bros. ? 2 - Beat it legit in era
Super Mario Bros. ? 3 - Beat it legit in era
TECMO BOWL - Never Played
The Legend of Zelda? - Beat it legit in era
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link? - Beat it legit in era

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Props to anyone that beat Kid Icarus legit in era.

Not having Battletoads sure does suck.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Props to anyone that beat Kid Icarus legit in era.

Not having Battletoads sure does suck.
I beat it despite fucking myself over with that credit card early on. Eggplant boss was my biggest obstacle to beat with zero upgrades because I was too much in debt. lol

Getting out of debt made the game super easy.

If you want a truly hard but fair platformer play Spelunky.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kid Icarus was the first Nintendo game I owned. The only NES I could get didn't come with a game and I had saved just enough for the base system plus one game and that was the one I picked.

I only ever got the best ending once and couldn't ever repeat it. It wasn't until just a few years ago that I read on Gamefaqs how to do it.

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
So they decided to put Tecmo Bowl on there and not Tecmo Super Bowl? Odd decision considering how much better TSB was over the original.

moai13

Trakanon Raider
All I gotta say is this selection of games is miles better than the Sega version of this. They can't please everyone, but IMHO this list is extremely respectable and covers many genres. The only one I had never heard of was Ice Climber. $2 per game? I spend more than that on some apps...

Szlia

It's fair to assume the list is heavily conditioned by who owns the rights of what more than some sort of curation.

Szlia

Are the people who do not know Ice Climber too young to have owned a NES at the time or was it more famous in Europe? I think it was bundled with the console at some point and around here it was very often the demo game in toy stores.