Nintendo releasing a mini version of the classic NES this holiday.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The NES featured some of the most beautifully composed music I've ever heard.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Are you sure you don't mean 1943? 1942 sucked ass and has probably the worst sound of any NES game.

Fuck this game right in the face. Finally get through the whole thing and all you get is a CONGRATULATION! Just one, singular. Not even fucking multiple CONGRATULATIONS! Friend and I laughed pretty hard at that when we were little.

There was another game that I think had kind of a similar ending. You could play co-op and you were driving around in a Jeep going pew pew some soldiers, picking up hostages and dropping them off. Then the final boss was like the White House or some mansion with machine guns and shit. Brother and I co-op'd that for weeks before finally beating it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Same here and after about 20 minutes with that fucking ROB I just pushed down the buttons by hand
biggrin.png
Haha me too. Then I got really sick of Gyromite and threw the cartridge in the freezer to see how much it would stand and still work.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I booted up Kung Fu on my RPI last week and I was completely confused why I loved this game so much as a kid

Cybsled

Haha me too. Then I got really sick of Gyromite and threw the cartridge in the freezer to see how much it would stand and still work.
lol Gyromite was so bad. Only reason it was fun is when you would control the pipes and troll your friends.

Szlia

There was another game that I think had kind of a similar ending. You could play co-op and you were driving around in a Jeep going pew pew some soldiers, picking up hostages and dropping them off. Then the final boss was like the White House or some mansion with machine guns and shit. Brother and I co-op'd that for weeks before finally beating it.
Probably Jackal?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jackal was awesome. That was a game with a badass final boss given the jeep's quirks.

River City Ransom was absolutely killer.

I miss Faxanadu. Every time some NES nostalgia comes up, I'm reminded of it.

No Blaster Master? No Tetris? No RC Pro Am? No Dragon Warrior? No Metal Gear? No Bionic Commando?

bleh.

This thing is a rip off. 30 games most of us already have on Roms anyway or on our Gameboy's, etc. Also, you cannot buy any other games for it, and the games it does come with are lacking. Megaman 2 but no Megaman 1?, Super C but no Contra? Come on.
Truth on both accounts. No Contra makes no damn sense.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Master Blaster where art though~ First and only "book" i read to accompany a video game in my life. I even remember vague portions hah

There was some stellar music back in the day.

I just want a fucking game that lets you make choices that significantly impact/ulter things (not story but character wise). I don't want all characters to basically be the same shit, i don't want to be FORCED to use X, Y Z and then have Y run off for half the game. It just seems so many games any more try and make it so the world is an endless see of posibilities, i don't want that shit. I want to have pro's and con's to weigh out and have to really invest into one charcter vs the other etc. I remember the MVP or something similar mechanic was so awesome to me in Tactics Ogre way back in the day. i'd pick the character i wanted to get extra levels etc and feed him kills while trying to not actually get killed etc. They seriously need to remake that game with modern graphics and some general quality of life tweaks and i'd pay $100 gladly. Add some super hardcore bosses at t he end so all the cool gear/abilities you farm in the 100 lvl dungeon can actually be put to use. My only complain about that game, you grind so hard only to find out there is not remotely a challenge waiting for you.

Unrelated, but looking back at almost 30 years of playing games since i was 5, still one of my favorites that wasn't really mainstream popular was Cross Edge. Think they had to rename after the fact due to a law suit but that game was fucking brilliant and just ass rape. Combat was super, character development was great, gearing up was solid and the post game was pure insanity. Story was very light and werid but combined multiple gaming universes and characters which they blended well. Had alot of complexity but it wasn't over done for the sake of being complex like some game snow. Was a combo game from Idle Factory and Comp Heart or whatever.

I've tried at least 4-5 of Idea factors other games which follow similar recipes of design but they just never caught the combat portion. Tried MegaDimesion Neptune or some shit this weekend and it just seemed fucking retarded and combat was meh.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
can anyone recommend a decent ROM/Emu site? the last few i've used has made my virus scanner lose its shit.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I just ordered a RPi 3.0 kit, waiting for it to arrive. I've heard its substantially easier to set up than the previous versions and is almost plug and play once you flash the SD card correctly.

thanks for the assist!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just ordered a RPi 3.0 kit, waiting for it to arrive. I've heard its substantially easier to set up than the previous versions and is almost plug and play once you flash the SD card correctly.

thanks for the assist!
I've been using them since the first RPi came out (for school project) and every iteration they get better and better. The retropie guys have done an incredible job as well. I've built a few for family and if they can use these things anyone can.

Siliconemelons

Jackal was awesome. That was a game with a badass final boss given the jeep's quirks.

River City Ransom was absolutely killer.

I miss Faxanadu. Every time some NES nostalgia comes up, I'm reminded of it.

No Blaster Master? No Tetris? No RC Pro Am? No Dragon Warrior? No Metal Gear? No Bionic Commando?

bleh.

Truth on both accounts. No Contra makes no damn sense.
Faxanadu was very advanced for its time (armor changes character) etc. good music and imo was the best of its "related" series. I would love to do a kickstarter or something for a nice remake of that game.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I bought one of these because... I wanted it.

HDMI and controller cable are too short, have to move half my living room to play the damned thing...

System has 4 save states (can’t abuse it, at least not obviously, they are just for when you exit the game) per game which is fucking awesome because I booted up Metroid first and then remembered the old password system.

Will get the snes one too. The excuse I am using is to support the mass archiving of these games as part of cultural history and to have them easily available for my kids to better explain to them why Dark Souls is what it is, but the truth is I am a fucking nerd who grew up with these games and want these systems just because.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user