Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Malkav

French Madman
Nintendo "We have a reveal! tomorrow!!"
Stock ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
*tomorrow* ta da! here it is!
Stock +++++++++++++++++++
Oh its coming after Christmas
Stock WTFBBQ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did you even tell us! just give us some Zelda or some other stuff to shove under the tree yo!

You forgot to add :
"Oh, and we won't reveal anything more, not even games, until next year."

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You gotta really still be drinking the Nintendo kool-aid to get excited about a 720p tablet with a 3 hour battery life and shitty controllers attached for $300. I didn't think they could actually make a worse controller than the Wii U's but apparently they've doubled down on that garbage design. At least they ditched the two screen nonsense so your inevitable Pro controller purchase (Mo money, Mo money!!!) won't be wasted in half the games this time around.

I really love me some Zelda, Mario, etc. But their horrible design decisions and business practices combined with shitshow that was the U means this is an easy pass for or me, which is a first.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

Everyone loved the old systems that just had solid games at a good price and ever since they gave tried to compete with bullshit they have struggled.
Yeah they have been struggling so hard with the DS and the Wii... struggling to find storage space for their money that is.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah they have been struggling so hard with the DS and the Wii... struggling to find storage space for their money that is.

Pretty sure they've lost huge amounts of market share to mobile games for ios and Android vs DS and just to PS4 and XB1 from attrition in general on the full size.

They may make money still for now but generally everyone whether industry partners, investors or consumers have been waving red flags for quite awhile now about their direction.

Pontiac didn't fail in a day, didn't mean the Aztec was a good idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

Is it 2008, again?

That Wii money ran out a long time ago and the U was a flat out disaster. Even the DS wouldn't have saved them from posting losses this year, they had to sell the Mariners to do that.

Even so, the person you quoted was talking about their home console struggles, and that's pretty fucking undeniable at this point.

Szlia

The person I quoted (Palum) said "ever since they gave tried to compete with bullshit they have struggled", I am pretty sure that would include the not powerful and motion controlled Wii that was extremely successful.

There is no doubt the Wii U is a disappointment for just about everyone and I am not arguing that.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
While the Wii was highly successful, it also fell off a steep cliff after the initial non-gamer surge wore off. Less than two years in it was already on the decline. Also outside of stuff like Wii Sports/Fit it has the worst attachment rate of any console ever made. It was pretty much shit as a gaming machine and owes virtually all of it's success to the "I don't play video games, but I love watching people flail around like idiots at parties" and the" I'm a bored soccer mom too lazy to go to a gym so I'll pretend to use this plastic white board that collects dust under the Ottoman" crowds.

Saying that they struggled due to gimmicky bullshit and underpowered machines isn't exactly a controversial statement and that started with the Wii and hasn't stopped since.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
nintendo will formally detail the specs and launch stuff of Switch on Jan 12th on a internet livestream. A week after CES so good time

dV7KfYI.jpg

Siliconemelons

... didn't mean the Aztec was a good idea.

The Aztec was crucified on its looks - because it was a GM product - nothing else. Then when Toyota made its 2nd gen prius ERRBUDDY LOVED IT, well it was smaller - but still had that stupid back that was "A HORRIFIC DESIGN KILLER" and oh yeah, prius needed the stupid spoiler there just like the Aztec.

As for the actual car itself, its a good car and the Buick version is really nice as well.

Sometimes, things are indeed ahead of the game and are shit on because of it and the short sightedness of the media and reviewers. Heck the izusu axiom was a suv ahead of itself in design that you could take one now give it some LEDs and it would look like a modern crossover.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Aztec was crucified on its looks - because it was a GM product - nothing else. Then when Toyota made its 2nd gen prius ERRBUDDY LOVED IT, well it was smaller - but still had that stupid back that was "A HORRIFIC DESIGN KILLER" and oh yeah, prius needed the stupid spoiler there just like the Aztec.

As for the actual car itself, its a good car and the Buick version is really nice as well.

Sometimes, things are indeed ahead of the game and are shit on because of it and the short sightedness of the media and reviewers. Heck the izusu axiom was a suv ahead of itself in design that you could take one now give it some LEDs and it would look like a modern crossover.

They shit on the Aztek because it looked like a giant plastic egg from a manufacturer that had a reputation for making shoddy products.

Siliconemelons

Right as I said, because it was GM.

As for the design aspect, it actually is the styling slope that modern crossovers are moving to.

546b4c57edad2_-_pontiacaztekpr-0oj4pn-lg.jpg

2-800-threequartersview101-78352.jpg

2009-toyota-prius-photo-233050-s-1280x782.jpg

The platform - the Aztek and Rendezvous were actually really good- esp for GM at the time, they just got hated on so much for the design no one cared that they where actually good cars. My dad had a Aztek for his company car - they usually swap them at 150k miles, and out of all the cars he has had the Aztek was the most consistant in how it drove from mile 1 to 150k (aka it didn't feel old or broken down in handeling etc.) and had way less issues than any others he has had.

The Nintendo Switch is not a huge jump from the WiiU and some will say its backwards because its 1 screen - although I am glad for that. It is a refinement of the idea and I think it is going to be great in actuality and real world use vs theoretical use and adoptions like the WiiU was.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
People went to the second gen Prius because you got 50/50 mpg. What I don't understand, and I doubt we want to down this road, is why Toyota has basically sat on their hands for the last decade after being SO FAR AHEAD of everyone else. The 2016 Prius also gets 50/50 mpg. They haven't innovated at all - just made it look worse and worse with each redesign.

The Aztek/Buick thing sucked because GM is unsexy, and the functionality was buried behind the horrible looks. Same basic shape as a Prius wagon (that came out what? 6 years after the Aztek had ceased to be produce?) sure, but that front end should have never happened.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Is someone seriously trying to defend the Aztek and Pontiac in general? GM is a shit company that makes shit cars. If you buy American, you're a god damn moron.

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Right as I said, because it was GM.

As for the design aspect, it actually is the styling slope that modern crossovers are moving to.

That also look like shit. Let's not pretend that the Aztek was anything but ugly. And like Nija mentioned, both of those pics are Toyotas, who've done nothing but make their cars look worse, so using those as examples of how the Aztek was ahead of it's time doesn't really hold water. I can't think of a company who has regressed more over the last decade, design wise, than Toyota.

People didn't shit on the Aztek's looks because it was a GM product, they shit on it's looks because it looks like shit. The Prius, btw, looks like shit also and many, many people will tell you that as well. No one would own a Prius, outside the usual bad taste offenders and teenage girls, if it were a gasoline car that got 28 mpg so I don't know where you are getting this "ERRBUDDY LOVED IT" stuff.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Everytime Nintendo does something awesome they always have to shoot themselves in the foot. Just give us the extra features already.