Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Darph

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Who wants to help kickstart the switch visor?!

Ut?!

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 10.27.58 AM.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Dude needs to spend less time playing in bed and more time playing on the treadmill.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Who wants to help kickstart the switch visor?!

Ut?!

View attachment 154704

iOS ports in VIRTUAL REALITY! \

After this we can make a VR for Atari 2600 games. Pitfall and Yars Revenge would be epic. And imagine Pong. It would be like you are inside a 2 bit black and white tron movie.

(That dude needs a bigger bed)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So you wanna stick a 720 p screen inside an uncomfortable looking headset? His fat neck can't even handle the weight.

I didn't realize the screen size was barely bigger than my new 3ds xl

34417117556_01e988af83_b.jpg

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just got a brand new switch gifted to me out of the blue with Zelda.

Any other games worth getting or is it still a Zelda machine?

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
mario rabbids
mario kart 8 deluxe (if you didn't play the shit out of it on a wii u)
super mario odyssey in 12 days
stardew valley (indie) if you are into village sim games
golf story maybe?
try splatoon 2 demo and buy if you like i guess

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I can't wait for the "greatest game ever made" bullshit that inevitably follows any Zelda or Mario game release. :rolleyes:

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Another Barn Burner for the Switch!

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fire-emblem-warriors-review/1900-6416789/

6/10.

Oh in case anyone forgot about LA Noire, the game we all already played time and time again... . $10 premium on the switch when you can play it in 4k on both PS Pro/Xbox One X for $10 less than the Switch version. Have fun with those facial recognition queues on a 7" screen in 720p. And paying an additional $10 for a game that wasn't meant to be portable anyway. Or, most people already bought the PC version on sale with all it's DLC for $4.99 and can play in whatever resolution they want. (With that said it is a great game and if you haven't played it and have a PS4/Xbox One without a gaming PC I highly recommend it - but trust me... the game uses facial queues to determine your detective work on reading the characters - Switch was NOT designed for this style of play unless it is docked, and even then, you are better off playing any other version for cheaper.

But hey, easy money probably for some suckers who are game starved by the time they get sick of Mario and wait to see if Xenoblade 2 will actually be any good at all. (Protip: It probably won't be)

• 1Smuggly

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
omg, Stardew Valley is fucking fun. I have put in ALOT of hours in this game already.

P.S my controller still hasnt disconnected on me once!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey Ut have you played any games on an actual switch yet?

You mean all the games I have played already on every other system that run better Save possibly Zelda? Yes. Or are you talking about using the actual handheld and trying to actually play? At a demo station. So yeah? I guess I have played all the games on the switch on every other device which did it better before? (Save Zelda which was a toss up as to what was better the Wii U version or the Switch, and Mario Kart which was just a straight up Wii U port. )

And looking into my crystal ball I can already tell you I also played the upcoming Switch game, LA Noire - in full resolution and all it's expansions for $35 less than what they are having the balls to sell a game launched in 2011 for now. I will tell you Wolfenstien will be a better experience on ANYTHING but the Switch (I would have moire fun running that or Doom (I hate Doom anyway so...) on a pocket calculator - and I played Skyrim and all it's DLC....

C'mon Xenoblade 2? The only reason why I may want to buy one - but given Chronicles X for Wii U was a shit show I am not expecting anything fantastic to come about...

So... What do we have to look forward too? Mario, Xenoblade 2, and Metroid....

Sorry I guess if I want to play indie games on the go, or ports of iOS games and whatever else is ported over at double the price of every other device they are available for, maybe?

No.

Maybe portable Rocket League? Yeah no. I play competitively at traditionally higher ranks. I cannot even fucking imagine controlling the way it needs to me with that Switch Controller - and I wouldn't play it docked with all my car/gears on PS4 and PC.

Online... anything? That's a terrific service.... So .... No?

And, quite honestly, I WOULD have bought one had they come out with VC with a $30 a year sub ro to play a backward compat of their NES/SNES catalog... Guess what? They are fucking that up constantly as we speak - to the point I just bought a Pi and now I have zero need to buy one. (Nice work Nintendo!)

Meanwhile, sales are now COMPLETELY FLAT.

I expect a slight surge for Mario, and an absolute dismal showing of this thing through the remainder of it's life.

Last edited:

Therage

Vyemm Raider
You mean all the games I have played already on every other system that run better Save possibly Zelda? Yes. Or are you talking about using the actual handheld and trying to actually play? At a demo station. So yeah? I guess I have played all the games on the switch on every other device which did it better before? (Save Zelda which was a toss up as to what was better the Wii U version or the Switch, and Mario Kart which was just a straight up Wii U port. )

And looking into my crystal ball I can already tell you I also played the upcoming Switch game, LA Noire - in full resolution and all it's expansions for $35 less than what they are having the balls to sell a game launched in 2011 for now.

So no? Aside from a demo stand? Ok just curious.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

And looking into my crystal ball I can already tell you I also played the upcoming Switch game, LA Noire - in full resolution and all it's expansions for $35 less than what they are having the balls to sell a game launched in 2011 for now. I will tell you Wolfenstien will be a better experience on ANYTHING but the Switch (I would have moire fun running that or Doom (I hate Doom anyway so...) on a pocket calculator - and I played Skyrim and all it's DLC....

C'mon Xenoblade 2? The only reason why I may want to buy one - but given Chronicles X for Wii U was a shit show I am not expecting anything fantastic to come about...

So... What do we have to look forward too? Mario, Xenoblade 2, and Metroid....

Sorry I guess if I want to play indie games on the go, or ports of iOS games and whatever else is ported over at double the price of every other device they are available for, maybe?

No.

Maybe portable Rocket League? Yeah no. I play competitively at traditionally higher ranks. I cannot even fucking imagine controlling the way it needs to me with that Switch Controller - and I wouldn't play it docked with all my car/gears on PS4 and PC.

Online... anything? That's a terrific service.... So .... No?

And, quite honestly, I WOULD have bought one had they come out with VC with a $30 a year sub ro to play a backward compat of their NES/SNES catalog... Guess what? They are fucking that up constantly as we speak - to the point I just bought a Pi and now I have zero need to buy one. (Nice work Nintendo!)

Meanwhile, sales are now COMPLETELY FLAT.

I expect a slight surge for Mario, and an absolute dismal showing of this thing through the remainder of it's life.
Zelda and Mario is still 2 more quality games than Xbone and I don’t see you posting in there for every release.

Checkmate

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So no? Aside from a demo stand? Ok just curious.

Well why would I? I can get all the games on other devices which play them better and cheaper... ?

Zelda and Mario is still 2 more quality games than Xbone and I don’t see you posting in there for every release.

Because X1 customers will be the same one's that tell you their system sucks. If that were the case here with the lemmings not deflecting common sense for Nintendo's clueless decisions with some of the most ridiculous scapegoats I have read since the information minister press conference when Saddam was still in power, I am sure I wouldn't be here. I am also bashing the Switch - Not Zelda which I happened to love (On the Wii U) or Mario which I haven't played yet, nor won't because I won't be buying a switch.

Reset the chess board.

Last edited: