Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
saving from day to day sucks, it even tells you, its going to take a while! lol. I usually just get just surf the net while its saving.

Game overall is pretty addicting. there is kind of alot to this game. still learning stuff though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Took my switch to a pal's house, TV detected the HDMI docking station but it wouldnt swap to the TV when I docked the tablet. Went to my buddy's hotel and tried it there, the tv didnt even detect the input at all. So I decided to go buy a new docking station even though this one is like 2 months old, new one didnt work (wtf they're $89).

So I've done some research and seems for some tv's you need to power on the docking station, then plug in the hdmi, then put the tablet into the dock. Really buggy though, never had such an issue on my tv.

I also wonder if the hotel tV had all the inputs locked cause it didnt even let me swap from the basic tv input.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For the latter, the hotel had the HDMI ports locked. For the earlier, it's a shit device for which you shouldn't expect anything actually maintaining a standard since 2004. When Nintendo cannot even get the dock to auto-detect and force a signal pass (They can't because it's a cheap ass piece of plastic with about 4 dollars worth of electronics in it selling for $89) along with every other standard today not being included, you release it in March 2017 to the clueless masses and then instead of supporting their online service model with VC, start buying up their home made retro pies and sell those for 300% profit and ignore their main console because they are completely, and utterly, clueless.

• 3Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Stardew is pretty fun, definitely would not play that shit on the bus commuting to work though, no sir~

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Stardew is pretty fun, definitely would not play that shit on the bus commuting to work though, no sir~

Why not? You could save at the start of your bus ride and by the time it is done saving you will be off the bus. Win WIn.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Took my switch to a pal's house, TV detected the HDMI docking station but it wouldnt swap to the TV when I docked the tablet. Went to my buddy's hotel and tried it there, the tv didnt even detect the input at all. So I decided to go buy a new docking station even though this one is like 2 months old, new one didnt work (wtf they're $89).

So I've done some research and seems for some tv's you need to power on the docking station, then plug in the hdmi, then put the tablet into the dock. Really buggy though, never had such an issue on my tv.

I also wonder if the hotel tV had all the inputs locked cause it didnt even let me swap from the basic tv input.

Yea because you too it to a PALs house, you needed to take it to a NTSCs house

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider

Pretty annoying glitch but super easy to fix. Mine does that too in my main TV. Although if I'm honest I play it portable way more than I play on TV.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I never knew hotels locked their inputs but makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Pretty annoying glitch but super easy to fix. Mine does that too in my main TV. Although if I'm honest I play it portable way more than I play on TV.

Yeah to hell with that feature of being able to plug it in an HDMI port and not have to power down the console and/or TV first because it can't send an activation signal like any other device since 2004. Place it on the kickstand, set it between your legs, throw your readers on, fire up that pro controller, and start playing the switch the way it was meant to be played.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
First review for Odyssey is out, 10/10 from EDGE magazine. They also had the first review for BOTW, also 10/10.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Yeah to hell with that feature of being able to plug it in an HDMI port and not have to power down the console and/or TV first because it can't send an activation signal like any other device since 2004. Place it on the kickstand, set it between your legs, throw your readers on, fire up that pro controller, and start playing the switch the way it was meant to be played.

You don't have to power down the console. Just Unplug the two cords from dock. Plug power in first then hdmi. It's not like it's a huge hassle and once you know it happens anytime you move it you just hook it up that way from the get go.

• 1Picard

Needless

Toe Sucker
You guys have a recommended case for the switch? need to grab one since i keep it undocked like 99% of the time

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
First review for Odyssey is out, 10/10 from EDGE magazine. They also had the first review for BOTW, also 10/10.

Shocking. Now, I am not saying Mario won't be a 10/10. I am sure it will be (Or close) I would think. But Edge has been fixing reviews since before GTA 4. (I also cannot believe Rockstar of all people were worried about the GTA 4 review to begin with)

Future Publishing Writer Outs Shady Publishers, Paid-For Review Scores And More

You don't have to power down the console. Just Unplug the two cords from dock. Plug power in first then hdmi. It's not like it's a huge hassle and once you know it happens anytime you move it you just hook it up that way from the get go.

Not trying to make fun of you (Seriously I am not) but my point flew right over your head. Why on earth should I have to do that with an $80 piece of hardware in the year of our lord 2017.

Next up on the switch - Super Breakout Go. New version for Switch details include:

* HD Rumble every time one of the two lines hits the floating square dot.
* Couch Coop. Two Switches Required. Sit next to each other and play your own game to see who gets the higher score
* Cannot use dock.

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i used to play the fuck out of break out back when i was a kid. the old atari 2600 had special controllers for it! haha

Anyways, how the fuck do you fish in Stardew Valley, i cant figure that shit out!

• 1Like

Darph

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shocking. Now, I am not saying Mario won't be a 10/10. I am sure it will be (Or close) I would think. But Edge has been fixing reviews since before GTA 4. (I also cannot believe Rockstar of all people were worried about the GTA 4 review to begin with)

Future Publishing Writer Outs Shady Publishers, Paid-For Review Scores And More

Not trying to make fun of you (Seriously I am not) but my point flew right over your head. Why on earth should I have to do that with an $80 piece of hardware in the year of our lord 2017.

Next up on the switch - Super Breakout Go. New version for Switch details include:

* HD Rumble every time one of the two lines hits the floating square dot.
* Couch Coop. Two Switches Required. Sit next to each other and play your own game to see who gets the higher score
* Cannot use dock.

No Amiibo support? srsly I have the entire Animal Crossing series.

• 1Picard

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Don't worry, a 3rd party has made a better TV dock than Nintendo did and for less. $49.99

Portable Docking Kit for Nintendo Switch™

Port_Dock_Kit_2_1024x1024.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Therage

Vyemm Raider
You guys have a recommended case for the switch? need to grab one since i keep it undocked like 99% of the time

I grabbed one of the breath of the wild cases. Hard shell on outside, space for games in the case.

Ut, I get it. But in all honesty I have more issues with my launch ps4 than my launch switch. Granted I know it has some more time on. But sometimes doesn't go to rest or power down properly requiring unplugging it etc. And the disc drive doesn't eject disc's anymore. I just assume stuff like this is the pains of being an early adopter.

*edit for UT and shitty phone typing*

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was actually gonna buy one of these damn things yesterday. Went to walmart, made my way to the game case, wondering all the while why Ut is being such a hyperbolic cun...HOLY FUCK BINDING OF ISAAC FOR 40 BUCKS STREET FIGHTER II FOR 30 BUCKS DISGAEA 5 FOR 60 BUCKS HE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

I'll get one eventually, but consider me an adherent of Team Thisfuckingthingsucks for the time being.

• 1Like