Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So why do people buy PS4/Xbone? If graphics is the be all end all, everyone would own a computer. Comparing a computer that can run Zelda on 4k to the Switch is retarded. The graphics card needed to run the game at 4k alone cost nearly as much as the Switch, and with zero constraints (cooling, power, size, etc). No fucking shit it's going to look nicer.

Stop being an Utnayan lite.
Don’t insult Ut like that. He is over the top in his criticisms and has a sky is falling mentality for every issue, but at least the things he rails at are actual issues.

An emulator on a PC having better visuals than the switch is not even an issue, just neckbeard faggotry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Turns out that more powerful hardware produces higher quality visuals. What a shocking turn of events.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm not sure why I keep clicking on this thread expecting actual news instead of more neckbeard jousting day after day. But I got a Switch when it came out, and haven't regretted it at all since. It's exactly what I wanted, a portable console that allows me to spend some time playing games when the TV is not available at home or I'm not at home, but that can also play games on TV if I do get time at home... it was the main selling point for it, not the advanced graphics.

I got Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario + Rabbids, Rayman Legends and Splatoon 2 and all of them are very polished, quality titles.

I do own a PS4 on the side for some other games (Wolfenstein 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, etc..) but to me, the Switch is not really in competition with the system. It's more of a side thing to play on the go, in the car, to keep the kid busy at the restaurant. Really it does this job perfectly for someone like me, a 30-something busy with work and with kid(s). Maybe people so disappointed in it had other expectations or don't fit the template for its intended audience like I do.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure why I keep clicking on this thread expecting actual news instead of more neckbeard jousting day after day. But I got a Switch when it came out, and haven't regretted it at all since. It's exactly what I wanted, a portable console that allows me to spend some time playing games when the TV is not available at home or I'm not at home, but that can also play games on TV if I do get time at home... it was the main selling point for it, not the advanced graphics.

I got Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario + Rabbids, Rayman Legends and Splatoon 2 and all of them are very polished, quality titles.

I do own a PS4 on the side for some other games (Wolfenstein 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, etc..) but to me, the Switch is not really in competition with the system. It's more of a side thing to play on the go, in the car, to keep the kid busy at the restaurant. Really it does this job perfectly for someone like me, a 30-something busy with work and with kid(s). Maybe people so disappointed in it had other expectations or don't fit the template for its intended audience like I do.

Yep, I think I said the same thing here. It's a great companion console to a PS4/PC setup.

• 1Solidarity

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
People just need to accept Switch is a handheld first, home console (hooked up to TV) second. It's not meant to replace PS4/PC. It's in their own segment. Maybe in a few years, we will have the processing power and battery tech to have handheld PS4 console.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm honestly not that impressed with the PS4. I like the console but it doesn't really have any exclusives that blow the doors off, and the performance is subpar to my PC.

Bloodborne is probably the only game that actually worth the purchase so far, even though I did like persona 5 a lot. Every other exclusive has been fun but not really something that sold me on the PS4 as a console.

I thought the Wii U was a piece of shit, so I was sceptical into buying the switch early on. However Zelda and Mario as well as Mario vs Rabbids has blown anything that I've played in 2017 away.

I don't regret my purchase but I believe that other people's mileage may vary. If xenoblade 2 ends up being really good then I definitely don't regret it, and would recommend it

• 1Barf

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i had a 2 hour car appt today that turned into 7 hours and i'm glad i had my switch, played a few hours of mario odyssey and it was fantastic. couldn't play 3DS anymore, gfx look like shit compared to switch, and vita has no games i am really interested in. After 10 mins browsing reddit on my phone i was bored of that.

The only thing that sucks is they didn't put a built in bluetooth adapter, i had to use a pair of wired earbuds like a goddamn savage. i have a bunch of wireless bluetooth headsets/buds I would love to use with my switch, wish they didn't cheap out on that.

never been a big skyrim guy so that has zero interest for me but Xeno 2, Super Mario, BOTW, and Rabbids is enough to keep me occupied for the rare occasion when I wanna game outside the house. Gonna be interesting E3 next year, I'd expect NIntendo to really start showcasing some first party games, and it'll be interesting to see what Microsoft and Sony are up to - Sony especially is getting a bit long in the tooth hardware wise, and a portable set from either company that is XB1 or PS4 BC would be pretty killer.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
games that interest ME-not necessarily the kids:

Doom
Skyrim-never played more than an hr or two on pc.
Xenoblade 2
mario and rabbids
sort of interested:
la noire
rime
fire emblem

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
RIME is shit. Bad performing game on all consoles, and it just had bad gameplay. LA Noire is pretty meh too.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
XC2 seems to be getting positive impressions all around from previews, minor complaints seems to be around the slower start to the story and the hit to resolution in handheld mode. I'm ready for it!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not surprising for a Mario release month on a system less than a year old.
Will be interesting to see if what happens in Nov.

PS4"s and Xbone S will be heavily discounted, X box X is now out. I doubt there are going to be any Switch Console deals on Black friday other then you get a free Mario button.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It didn't have a Mario release in September though. Not to mention that shit is going to have legs well into 2018.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
that actually looks worse then i thought it would

then again i never played skyrim at 900p with the options down

• 1Picard

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Breath of the Wild won the golden joystick award.
It was a great game and I really like it, but at the same time I hope the next Zelda game is quite a bit different. I missed the more standard progression of tools and gear along with the dungeons

• 1Solidarity