Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Crisco

A greasy jar
I picked up Skyrim on the BOGO half off from toys r us. Really good in portable mode. A game that size on switch I think will help dive large scale future titles, or at least hope the devs take notice.

Not sure where you got $80 price point, think you got ripped off?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I ordered Skyrim when they had a price mistake where coupons made it half price.

They cancelled it, but then shipped it anyway. Free game.

• 1Worf

Needless

Toe Sucker
I picked up Skyrim on the BOGO half off from toys r us. Really good in portable mode. A game that size on switch I think will help dive large scale future titles, or at least hope the devs take notice.

Not sure where you got $80 price point, think you got ripped off?

Its 79.99 canadian loonies :(

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I really wish I hadn't played Skyrim so much already, and especially with stuff like Frostfall.

I find Skyrim without Frostfall (mods in general) to be a bit of a miserable experience.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
sqim1rk0vx001.jpg

Maybe I'm in the minority but I would pay a little extra for games to have a physical manual/book again. The inside artwork for XC2 looks nice.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Good game with a great battle system. Not sold on the English dub as of yet though. I just started chapter 1 and the story has pulled me in right away.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo kept making physical manuals longer than most but yeah definitely miss the good ones. At least Nintendo makes good digital manuals.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
sqim1rk0vx001.jpg

Maybe I'm in the minority but I would pay a little extra for games to have a physical manual/book again. The inside artwork for XC2 looks nice.

This triggered me to remember renting games and they would have the books with them like 50% of the time. Sometimes previous renters would leave notes or passcodes in them.

• 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Analysts are stating that Nintendo are driving the industry going into Christmas this year. They're stating that top end graphics have reached the limit of the audience, and people are after newer concepts rather than slightly upgraded visuals.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Analysts are stating that Nintendo are driving the industry going into Christmas this year. They're stating that top end graphics have reached the limit of the audience, and people are after newer concepts rather than slightly upgraded visuals.

Graphic visuals for "real" have a long long way to go to be "real" and that's many generations away.

Now style art visuals are the key - look at the new Mario - and even Zelda BOTW, yeah a few more AA sweeps or some more crisp foilage etc... but the game is still beautiful.

So what they say is right, to an extent

Ruhl

Boner Donor
I'm honestly not that impressed with the PS4. I like the console but it doesn't really have any exclusives that blow the doors off, and the performance is subpar to my PC.

Bloodborne is probably the only game that actually worth the purchase so far, even though I did like persona 5 a lot. Every other exclusive has been fun but not really something that sold me on the PS4 as a console.

I thought the Wii U was a piece of shit, so I was sceptical into buying the switch early on. However Zelda and Mario as well as Mario vs Rabbids has blown anything that I've played in 2017 away.

I don't regret my purchase but I believe that other people's mileage may vary. If xenoblade 2 ends up being really good then I definitely don't regret it, and would recommend it

Horizon Zero Dawn didn't float your boat at all?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Horizon Zero Dawn didn't float your boat at all?
I found the combat really weird and floaty, but I did enjoy exploring the world and the overall story. I do maintain that BotW was a better game though, even though the combat in BotW wasn't all that great either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Graphic visuals for "real" have a long long way to go to be "real" and that's many generations away.
Obviously but I guess at some point you hit diminishing returns where the amount of work and money needed to make your game look noticeably better for the average user isn't worth it. That and consoles being obsolete pieces of shit, so you can't really do that many improvements and still have the game run fine so instead you settle for "ok" and then slap some 4K for the new console version and wait for PS5/Xbox 361.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The problems I have with the switch aren’t graphics related tbh. It’s the rest of the baffling decisions Nintendo made

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 as well as upcoming Mega Man 11 are all coming to the switch in 2018 (Mega Man 11 late 2018).
DQOd6UkU8AMvSeX.jpg

eShop sale during the game awards (the 7th?). No details yet but I wouldn't expect much.

Rumor: Bandai Namco/Nintendo announcing Dark Souls Collection, One Piece Dawn, Soul Calibur 6, My Hero Academy, and Xenosaga HD Collection on December 15th.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really like the updated art style. I always get a little nervous when companies do that but it appears the visuals are still very familiar and stayed close to home. I'll definitely be picking this up. Wish they would sell a physical game / collector's edition with some cool stuff. Now, can we get a retro-ish Castlevania?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not a fan of the art lol

Dark souls on the switch would be neat, if i haven't already played each one numerous times :(