Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
What does this mean?

It automatically lowers the resolution of the game (from 1080p to anywhere below 600p) to keep the frame rate high, then adjusts the resolution back up when less things are going on.

It makes textures look rough when its happening, but during combat/action when it's mostly used it's hard to notice. Lots of newer games use this technique, including Mario Odyssey and DOOM.

However Xenoblade 2, especially the undocked/portable mode, seems to be fairly unoptimized. I expect some patches from Monolithsoft to clean up performance like Zelda BOTW had.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Xenoblade 2 really is so fucking good but I do cringe every time I use a level 4 special and my beautiful Pyra turns into a pixelated mess :( .

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I feel like I don't have any money to buy the good shit I'm level 13 and broke like Wesley snipes

A good way to make money is collect everything on the ground whenever you see it while walking about, but also, maybe take about 20-30 minutes to run salvages with Silver. Take them to the shop where you need to sell them as bundled treasure items (Not individually) and you can get up to 100,000 in very short order. Depends on where you are at though in the game because things really start opening up after chapter 3. I haven't had a lot of time to play myself either. Some time for some matches in Rocket League, tonight is DoS-2 game night, so tomorrow night I'll have more time to hopefully go through another chapter. (Or at least half of one). Next week though I have some time coming up around Christmas. And this weekend is fully booked with RL stuff.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's awesome. @persiansoap @TJT and @goishen play it every Wednesday night from 7-10 and also try to get some time in at other times sporadically. Downsize is I have no idea what is going on story wise so I will replay again at some point by myself, upside is complete 100% hilarious Coop.

Now that would be a good addition to this game - coop party members online.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Switch battery life can last longer (or less) than 3 hours depending on the game. I've got one of those Anker power packs for trips - if you get a good one the Switch actually gains charge while plugged into one.

Anyone worrying about battery life should just buy a battery pack or two. They are so cheap.

But battery life definitely seems to vary, my kids play Splatoon and it seems to go more than 3 hours.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Switch with another ~220k sold in Japan this week. Will easily put it at 3 million sold by the end of the year - so only 9 months to get nearly to Wii U's lifetime sales in Japan, and half of PS4's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Switch with another ~220k sold in Japan this week. Will easily put it at 3 million sold by the end of the year - so only 9 months to get nearly to Wii U's lifetime sales in Japan, and half of PS4's.

If they were smart, they should redirect half the supply the US has back to Japan to sell. We are oversupplied and it's the last place console over Black Friday here in the US being outsold by the PS4 2 to 1. This thing is a huge hit in Japan, and they have major supply issues there while it's severely stalling in the US.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is there a recommended case for the Switch? A quick look at Amazon shows a lot of options with no clear winner.

spronk

FPS noob
I use this and its fantastic
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y4C5HPZ

but i wanted something as small as possible, it holds switch plus a few games plus earbuds. Not sure it would work with a charger and battery and stuff, I also have a bigger shell case I bought at gamestop that has a mario theme on it but its much, much bigger and I would only use it if I wanted to take a USB-C charger and maybe the pro controller along.

also dunno how long it'll last but titan quest for switch (no release date) is price error on amazon if you have prime, its double applying the prime discount which brings it down to $24+tax. You only see the discount on last page of checkout, abort if discount is only $8 instead of $16
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Y983TY

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The Sony shill is surprised that a discounted console with a 4 year old library outsells a non discounted console with a library less than a year old.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Is there a recommended case for the Switch? A quick look at Amazon shows a lot of options with no clear winner.

You may want to get a screen protector as well. I found the anfilm to place on it for 8 bucks. The dock can still scratch the shit out of the screen if you aren’t careful.