Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mario Odyssey and Zelda seem worth it, especially if I can get 50 hours out of Zelda.

Is a screen protector and absolute must?

You'll only get 50 hours out of Zelda of you don't like it. My profile says "more than 165 hours" for Zelda - the game is seriously a masterpiece.Mario is fun enough, but I think it's kinda overrated. I'll probably go on to Xenoblade without finishing it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Xenoblade is the best game on the Switch imo, and I'm getting way more time in it than I ever thought I would - interested to see how Dark Souls remaster looks on this, could be great playing that portable

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
can't wait for some fashion souls featuring link's tunic, master sword and a mario hat light armor head item

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Souls on a handheld is asking for that handheld to be frisbied across the room.

DKC tropical freeze and TWEWY is an awesome surprise though.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Souls on a handheld is asking for that handheld to be frisbied across the room.

100% of the reason i will buy this, make a twink dickass darkwraith in attempt to gank and make kids rage frisbee their console

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What the hell is a Xenoblade, some kind of waifu simulator? That would explain why Utnayan Utnayan loves it so much.

• 2Worf

spronk

FPS noob
I don't think hyrule warriors got great reviews, it was on wii u iirc and is basically one of those dynasty warriors/etc games where you just fight hordes and hordes of monsters

Xenoblade is old school JRPG. I'd say Mario Odyssey and BOTW are better but if you are a huge fan of the OG Xenoblades then you may re order the list slightly. Mario Kart 8 deluxe is also really fun as just a 20 min game session thing or playing with friends. No regrets buying and keeping my switch, while I only play it a tiny fraction of my ps4/xb1/pc for stuff like Mario and Xenoblade it has games you just can't get anywhere else.

You absolutely need a screen protector, you can scratch up the bottom of the main console sliding it in and out without it. Also I'd say a wii u pro SWITCH PRO controller is a must have too if you are going to play on the TV most of the time, if you are playing undocked most of the time then you don't really need one

The mini direct lineup is pretty fucking huge and some great games, although all being $59.99 MSRP is a bit of a joke. On the other hand gamestop runs regularly b2g1 used game sales all the time and I picked up a pretty big switch library that way, and unlike ps4/xb1 games you don't have to worry about pre order DLCs and other shit like that. I'll definitely be getting dark souls, donkey kong tropical freeze, kirby and it'll be nice having a mario free (?) update.

kDCLaig.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Why did you say Wii U Pro Controller, that's a completely different thing from the Switch Pro Controller. Don't buy a Wii U one expecting it to work on the Switch.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lots of ports but eh, never did play Hyrule Warriors or DK:Tropical Freeze.

Played them both on Wii U. Hurdle warriors was awful and Dk freeze was a fun platformer. Won’t be worth full price though as a port. If they launch it for 39 great. But I doubt it. If you play portable all the time and haven’t played Dark souls yet, please post a video of throwing the switch into the ground when you die again forgetting it’s not just a controller.

I’ll be interested to see Dark Souls with a ps pro / patch if they have it. Game will be epic on a system that can handle it. If the switch is your only system and you haven’t played it, it’s worth it. But the experience will be ten times better on the other two. Another company is porting the remaster for the other two so expect drastic graphical improvements over a switch version revision.

Last edited:

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dragon Quest builders is weird. It's like Minecraft in the basic functions but it is not open ended at all. And as you progress between major points you in essence start a new game, mid game. Which makes even less sense playing it out then that statement does written out.

I'm kind of glad all these WiiU and DS games are coming back out on the switch as I noped out of both of those systems for the god awful way they felt in my hands. Donkey Kong look great for a coop game for me and the wife to pick up. I only play in TV mode, so the switch will be safe for Dark Souls on my end.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Ok yeah so dark souls on ps pro or Xbox one x will be 4k60. Switch, 1080p30 docked, 720p30 portable. Regular PS4 and Xbox one will be 1080p60. If you own another system and hardly ever play portable or don’t care too, do your self a favor if you have never played it and experience it on a system worth a shit.

Then, let’s hope they aren’t idiots and fix weapon degradation at 60 frames before they launch it. Otherwise all versions will be a fucking mess.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Ok yeah so dark souls on ps pro or Xbox one x will be 4k60. Switch, 1080p30 docked, 720p30 portable. Regular PS4 and Xbox one will be 1080p60. If you own another system and hardly ever play portable or don’t care too, do your self a favor if you have never played it and experience it on a system worth a shit.

Then, let’s hope they aren’t idiots and fix weapon degradation at 60 frames before they launch it. Otherwise all versions will be a fucking mess.
Well yeah, if you don’t plan on ever playing in portable mode then you shouldn’t get any multiplat games on switch

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'd honestly be worried about throwing my switch into a wall if i played dark souls on it on the go. i used to frequently alt-f4 on pc

and yeah all the remasters are $59.99 which is lame but switch games seem to have price sales way more than old wii u/3ds games

also what the fuck is The World Ends with you, an indie game?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm actually not interested in the Dark Souls remaster if they are porting it to DS3 engine and changing the combat. I prefer DS1's combat system.

Hopefully the Switch version is just stable 30 fps (including Blighttown) with no combat changes. I heard that FROM is remastering the Switch version themselves while the other versions are being outsourced.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I've been craving a platformer ever since Ori and the Blind Forest so Fe and Celeste caught my attention. Owned Dark Souls since it came out and still haven't played it so might pick that up too after the tech guys go through it and give their review. Never heard of Ys VIII before.