Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
2018 is a great year for secondary franchises. It's the perfect time to add games from the series' that don't get as much representation. I'm pretty sure we'll see some form of Metroid in 2018, even if it's not the new prime. I think we'll likely see a new Animal Crossing game, because it sells gangbusters every time and it's been ages since the last one. We might see a new StarFox and we might see a side Mario title.

A new Smash or Smash 4.5 will probably be announced at E3 I think, but maybe in the January direct. Smash is a great announcement because they can announce fighters all year long.
My body is ready for a new smash. Pretty much the only reason I ever buy a nintendo console anyway.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
My body is ready for a new smash. Pretty much the only reason I ever buy a nintendo console anyway.

Yeah, if Smash were to release in September or so, it's actually been 4 years since the launch of smash 4 on the 3DS. It's about 2 years early, but it's a great way to get people to adopt the Switch.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would be more concerned about Smash for Switch just being a Wii U port like they did with Mario Kart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Why would you be concerned? You're donating your switch to a cancer hospital aren't you?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Why would you be concerned? You're donating your switch to a cancer hospital aren't you?

If I were a Switch fan, I would be concerned. Hopefully you folks have something else besides another port. And yes, I am after I finish with Xeno 2. Sitting on Chapter 7 right now (At the end of it) and then have 8, 9 and 10 left. And off it goes to Masonic.

• 1Smuggly

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Aren’t pretty much all smash games just ports with some updated graphics and a few new fighters?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
New Animal Crossing and a Smash 4 port are a lock. Bamco is still working on something Smash related these last few months and it wasn't DLC.

Sakurai/Sora Ltd probably taking a break until the next new Smash. He really needs the break. Or maybe he's been working on a new Kid Icarus game. Really hard to know, Nintendo are the kings of announcing games months before they launch with zero leaks.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
New Animal Crossing and a Smash 4 port are a lock. Bamco is still working on something Smash related these last few months and it wasn't DLC.

Sakurai/Sora Ltd probably taking a break until the next new Smash. He really needs the break.

Animal Crossing is the main thing I want. I would love a Smash too though. Maybe some Odyssey DLC.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Siliconemelons

Bought a switch... doesn't have Netflix and wants me to give them sub money...sometime...

Nintendo STILL can't make a cricket eshop or online system worth a shit and a half.

Why did I buy this stupid thing

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought the Switch online thing was free until next fall still, like it was delayed some more since it was supposed to be sub based this spring.

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

ahh, the intro page just says "in 2018" and gave me a price list...

But I did still press on free til then button, so okay...

Nintendo still is horrific at online Systems... I had to make ANOTHER account?! Grr... and I should get some courtesy games or something from my old eshop stuff... but NINTENDOOOO!!! And the wife and kids wanted it... now they can leave my precious ps4 and VR alone! Mine!

• 1Like

Therage

Vyemm Raider
ahh, the intro page just says "in 2018" and gave me a price list...

But I did still press on free til then button, so okay...

Nintendo still is horrific at online Systems... I had to make ANOTHER account?! Grr... and I should get some courtesy games or something from my old eshop stuff... but NINTENDOOOO!!! And the wife and kids wanted it... now they can leave my precious ps4 and VR alone! Mine!

You can link your accounts as a heads up

Siliconemelons

You can link your accounts as a heads up

I did see where I could link money- like if I had some money sitting there...but I dont- mostly items..

I feel any legacy games should carry over like - if I bought a NES or snes game, or on polaystation a ps1 game etc

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Switch doesn't have VC yet though, so those games don't exist there to give you.

This is the first system Nintendo has done without backwards comparability in a long time - which in the end will be a good thing I think. Having hardware BC in all their old systems is what was holding them back.

They finally got a clean software break by moving to nvidia and ARM. GameCube/Wii/Wii U all used the same core OS and architecture, which was different enough from everyone else that it was a pain for 3rd parties to develop for.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It looks like they may be adding a chat room system through the console, data management, UI customisation and a theme shop to the Switch firmware in February.

Source is pretty good, but take it with a pinch of salt for now.

If this is legit, it's covering a lot of the problems people have with the Switch firmware right now. A VC and netflix support would be the only things needed really.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it looks like it might be a really convincing fake. I'm always impressed by the sheer work people put into faking these things.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sweet, Switch is hacked and it will be released this spring.

http://team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console/

So I've been thinking on this, sense they said Nintendo "can't fix it" which means that it's probably a ModChip(probably activates some Tegra OpCodes to bypass Nintendo's bootloader) having Stage2 key helps though, but I don't think this will be like the 3ds/WiiU cracks, full E-shop access style. Will have too wait and see how it turns out, but that's my thought's on it..

But this will be detectable by Nintendo if it is a ModChip, checking status of a consoles "BIOS" would be one of the first things they implement for detection(If it's not already built into the firmware).

Last edited: