Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I’m downloading a bunch of games for this thing and tying it to a new account. I’m unfamiliar with what kids like. Stardew valley? What are some really good kid games. What I found are some good indie games and such that aren’t available on carts.

I could use some advice.

Madden '97

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I’m downloading a bunch of games for this thing and tying it to a new account. I’m unfamiliar with what kids like. Stardew valley? What are some really good kid games. What I found are some good indie games and such that aren’t available on carts.

I could use some advice.

Mine love Stardew, Mario Kart 8, Minecraft Story, Rocket League, Mario Odyssey (the kid mode is perfect for little ones, they still have to do everything they just get more chances) and don't know how well it would go over in a hospital setting but the Just Dance game works perfectly for two kids with the joycons. Golf Story is awesome as well but mine didn't get into it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
minecraft (not story imo its a shitty telltale game with a lot of text/cutscenes)
Just dance 2018 unless the kids are too sick to dance
Lego Worlds or Lego City Undercover
Overcooked
Mario Rabbids
Sonic Mania ($20)

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Ok thanks :) I forgot about Minecraft. That’s a good idea.

Dont forget about Madden '96. First year of the create-a-player feature. You remember that one dont you?

upload_2018-1-13_13-30-4.png

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone have a link to the gif with the switch sliding into the dock and sparks flying everywhere?

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
CEMU is the best Nintendo Switch Emulator. You can run BotW smoothly with better graphic if you have a decent PC. It is one of the main reasons I don't own a switch. Plus the Switch doesn't have cloud save etc.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow already Switch emulators are out there? I'm very interested. Would definitely replay BotW on a PC.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
CEMU has been there since release of Switch. If you have a high clock CPU and decent GPU, it can run BotW pretty well almost bug free and offer better graphic than the Switch itself.

Nintendo Switch vs PC Ultra Graphics | Zelda Breath of the Wild

Cemu 1.11.3 | The Ultimate Setup Guide | Zelda BOTW

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the Switch emulator is nothing atm, but for Zelda you can just play the Wii U version instead, which they optimized a lot with the CEMU emulator so it actually runs well enough and it looks way better than the switch version as a result.

For every other switch game you're pretty not playing them for the next ~2years or whatever on emulator I'd assume.