Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
People are pre-ordering cardboard... Let that sink in for a moment. I can't help but think the utility of this is fleeting at best.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd like to hear the opinions of the children, who will likely be excited by this, not jaded grown-ass men. :emoji_sunglasses:

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The reviews from the hands-on event in NYC seem to be pretty positive, but again, it's aimed at kids.

Also, you are paying for the software. The extra ~$10 is for the cardboard and plans. Nintendo has said they will provide the plans for free later so you'll be able to make them with whatever you want. I'd bet people are 3D printing this shit within a week.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it'll probably be nice for kids if you like, buy the game separately then buy some chinese knockoff for 2bucks or just do it yourself(they'll be providing the patterns for free). In fact doing it yourself with your kid could probably be a nice father/son(or daughter, let's not be sexist) experience where you draw the things to measure and have the kids cut them out and shit.

It is a very Nintendo thing that no one expected or wanted though. Maybe once it's there people will find out that while they didn't want it, they actually like it, or maybe it'll be hot garbage. At least I'd assume they didn't spend too much money on the cardboard technology.

spronk

FPS noob
One interesting side effect of this cardbox box stuff - it makes a switch mini/XL much more unlikely for 2-3 years now, as the labo stuff is fitted for a specific size. Makes me feel better about buying early, don't have to have hardware envy

Last edited:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
One interesting side effect of this cardbox box stuff - it makes a switch mini/XL much more unlikely for 2-3 years now, as the labo stuff is fitted for a specific size. Makes me feel better about buying early, don't have to have hardware envy

That's actually a good point.

spronk

FPS noob
labo up at best buy, amazon, gamestop, etc. GCU applies at best buy
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=nintendo+labo&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071

i am simultaneously jealous - i would wanna look like this as a kid - but also this kid looks fucking like an autistic retard

iMVphVQ.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My son managed to break a Joycon, we're not going anywhere near cardboard peripherals.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My youngest turned 7 today and he is a big Sonic Fan so we got him Sonic Forces on the Switch. Overpaid for the Switch version because we could have got it cheaper on Steam, BUT it was a convenience purchase because this way he can set the game up himself vs mom/Dad having to deal with Steam Link etc. Anyway, he played for about 10 minutes before school this morning and loved that he got to make his own character.