Nintendo Switch (previously NX)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
No way in fuck they "destroyed it", it got boxed up into a return to manufacturer box and mailed out the that evening. Nintendo, MS, and lot of other big ones want that stuff sent back to them for refurb.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So ok first they say they destroyed it. Then they said they don’t destroy it. Then they ship defective switch units back to Nintendo on a Saturday night? Someone over there is feeding you full of crap, and they are probably also loving that free diablo 3 game they got too.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Not destroyed, but shipped back for "refurb" from what I understand Big-N makes a fucking killing off Ebay these days. And Saturday/Sunday shipments for brick-n-mortar stores are pretty common, the production company would want it back ASAP and look over the problems.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Lazy and flush with cash this month so decided to buy one just to play in bed. Got odyssey and botw. Any good puzzle game suggestions to fuck around with?

spronk

FPS noob
i really enjoy yoku's island express, its a combo of a platformer/pinball-ish kinda game and is fairly light and breezy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Metroid Prime 4 being scrapped, starting over with Retro studios:

I'm pretty pissed off that I can't play it soon, but I'd rather them scrap it if it's bad. A delay is bad for now, a shit game will linger on.

Siliconemelons

Dude...

There may have been a few ritual honor suicides from this.

Metroid Prime was in all accounts, a fluke, nintendo was like "We dont care, we dont want to mess with it- so sure...whatever" and gave it to the other studio -it turned out to be one of the best first person puzzle explorer heavy-enviroment feeling games ever made- it somehow managed to capture every aspect that made 2d metroids awesome, and move them into 3d and first person, and it was not done in Japan.

When they announce THEY were going to do MP4 it was like a big ego trip and Nintendo, and Japan doing their thing and "well ofc we can do it better"

So this is like...damn...

But all in all, imo good- I hope "This is ganna rock!"(tm)

• 1Worf

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Dude...

There may have been a few ritual honor suicides from this.

When they announce THEY were going to do MP4 it was like a big ego trip and Nintendo, and Japan doing their thing and "well ofc we can do it better"

So this is like...damn...

But all in all, imo good- I hope "This is ganna rock!"(tm)

I'm guessing that the team that was working on it went too far into the "mature" area(this was the team that was working on Star Wars: 1313) but.. it's not the same RETRO soo wait and see I guess.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Google Express is giving $20 off $100 for purchases until I think Feb 4th and you can snag Switch stuff which brings most of the items as low as they have ever been.

Bought 4 games for $160 using two different email/cards.

Crisco

A greasy jar
sounds like nintendo is gonna release a new switch SKU this year that is cheaper, probably eliminating detachable joycons and just making a single unit.
Nintendo planning on launching a smaller, cheaper Switch by end of FY2019 [Rumor]

the other rumors say it'll probably release around the same time as animal crossing to bundle the game, and then there may be a switch pro in 2020 to coincide with a sequel to Breath of the Wild
Id buy a switch 2.0 if it worked with all existing software. Just more horsepower and let me run same carts and we got a deal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't imagine the Switch with any smaller screen than it already has now. Fonts are pretty hard to read in RPGs, and it's barely adequate for seeing what's going on in an action game like Bayonetta, Zelda, or Starlink.

I wouldn't have any interest in a portable only one either, but the opposite might be tempting just like how I have both a Vita and a PSTV.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
sounds like nintendo is gonna release a new switch SKU this year that is cheaper, probably eliminating detachable joycons and just making a single unit.
Nintendo planning on launching a smaller, cheaper Switch by end of FY2019 [Rumor]

the other rumors say it'll probably release around the same time as animal crossing to bundle the game, and then there may be a switch pro in 2020 to coincide with a sequel to Breath of the Wild
That doesn’t seem like much of a savings. I was expecting that they would make a Switch Home sku or something like that where they forego the screen and battery and the various components that aren’t used when the thing is docked.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
the japan market vastly prefers mobile devices to TV devices, just the way kids and people live there and it definitely skews nintendo's decision making a lot. heck they just announced a new persona game thats gonna be 3DS only which is crazy until you think about "oh yeah, japan"

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
the japan market vastly prefers mobile devices to TV devices, just the way kids and people live there and it definitely skews nintendo's decision making a lot. heck they just announced a new persona game thats gonna be 3DS only which is crazy until you think about "oh yeah, japan"
Right, but they already have the mobile one. Sure, make improvements to it and lower cost when it makes sense, but it’s not really a new product and I can’t see people that already have one buying another. Kinda like the slim version of consoles.

I think they could get additional sales with a cheaper home version that they wouldn’t otherwise get. There’s a lot of households that share consoles, and rarely would they need 2 mobile versions. I dunno, I just don’t see a slightly different mobile version improving sales really.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Persona Q2? That's just because it's an Etrian Odyssey clone and there's a new one of those out next week too. I don't think Atlus has figured out how they're going to move their dungeon crawlers to the Switch, but personally I'd be fine if they just made it like Mary Skelter/Demon Gaze/other Vita ones where the map just draws itself. I like the genre but I was sick of fucking around with the stylus about three EOs ago.

• 1Solidarity